Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] We Can Into Space?

Gregor

Lord of Altera
ITP: 4

NS1: Part of the PACT missile detection system'
NS2: Intelligence gathering for military purposes.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
You only need special satellites for military stuff. Internet, TV, GPS, weather, etc. satellites already exist
Essentially, yes. Most Internet, TV, GPS, etc satellites would be funded by corporations. The only satellites the nation would need to put into orbit are ones that corporations would be unwilling or unable to support, such as satellites designed for military operations.

Of course, that assumes there are corporations willing to put some satellites into orbit, I suppose...
Waaaait a minute
so basically, capitalist nations get free satellites?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Waaaait a minute
so basically, capitalist nations get free satellites?
They can claim as such, but the catch is that the government wouldn't have full control over those satellites. Obviously, governments would want to be in full control of certain satellites for security purposes.

In other words, if a corporation sends up a satellite for communications, you can say you have communication networks in your nation, but that doesn't mean you can use that satellite for military communications in war time.

Basically, corporate satellites are just background satellites; they aren't really to be used for direct government purposes.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Zanala's list of satellites includes satellites for the following purposes:

1 - Pact Missile Defense System
1 - Communications
1 - Navigation (GPS)
1 - Optical Imaging

That's 4 IT points out of Zanala's current 5.

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
seeing as my drones have being approved, I am sending another sattelitte up as the mainframe for said drones

RexJen

Lord of Altera
In an effort to assist in regulating how much stuff everyone puts into space, I propose the following guidelines be adopted:

> A nation may claim to have up to 1 satellite network per 1 Industry: Information Technology point.

> A "satellite network" is defined as a series of satellites designed for a specific usage, such weather analysis, satellite imaging, communication, missile detection, scientific research, etc.

> A space station may be built using 15 Industry: Information Technology points. The points used to build a space station may come from a collection of nations who pool their points together in order to build a station.

> A nation may not use individual points for building both satellite networks and a space station. In other words, points put towards building a space station may not be reused to build satellite networks.

This thread will furthermore be used for players to chronicle details of their nations' space programs that they feel are of use for the rest of the players in the region to be alerted to. For example, a group of nations that pools points and builds a space station should post that they have done so on this thread, among other places.
Question: Is it possible to remove satellites and then use those points for a space station?
Say I have 15 satellites and then I want to remove them all to make a space station

Industry: Information Technology - 5

3 satellites dedicated to providing Mosouria with high speed internet would be deployed

along with 1 that would be used for military communication

Last edited:

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Question: Is it possible to remove satellites and then use those points for a space station?
Say I have 15 satellites and then I want to remove them all to make a space station

I would say yes, you can remove satellites to use those points for a space station.

RexJen

Lord of Altera

3 satellites dedicated to providing Mosouria with high speed internet would be deployed

along with 1 that would be used for military communication
edited

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
ITP 5. 1 used.

Sending up 2 surveillance satellites, and 1 for military communications.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Information Technology Industry: 5

Three of which are used to provide a high-speed internet service all across Harvendir.
One is used for satellite imaging
The final one is used in tandem with the Advanced Ballistics technology

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
ITP 6, none used
2 - Encrypted Communications and Computer networking
1 - Jungdu and the area
1 - Mainland Vlesela