Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Outdated [NationStates] World Building

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
World Building
To play NationStates in a more engaging and sophisticated environment, we often create a world around that. What this provides is a graphical representation of the game (because who doesn’t love some pretty maps) allowing players to spice up their own RP with further details/graphics. It also allows players to communicate to create a cohesive and colourful world, full of different ethnic groups/cultural regions, further deepening the detail within the RP. It also allows players to create history together, and to manage countless other aspects of the world, together. TL;DR Generally, it’s just a good thing to do this.

The Community (Where you come into this)
To do this though, it requires a whole lot of input from the community. This stuff just doesn’t happen overnight, and people do play a big role in this. I highly encourage mingling with other RP’ers to develop history, culture, and a unique identity for your nation.

How to do this
Simple, follow this infallible guide

1. Get a whole bunch of people you’re keen on building a region together with. If you can’t do this with friends, I suggest posting something you’re interested in on this thread, and going from there via Skype/Convo/Something.
  2. Discuss. Speak about what you want the region to be like. Will it have been historically rich/poor, eastern or western, German or Chinese. The more fleshed out you make the region, the better.
  3. From there, come to me with some sort of idea of what you want, and I’ll see what others also are doing from that. If you and your fellows are similar to others, we can simply just merge you all together, and you can work from there. Oh, but Tomato, won’t there be clashes?! Sure there will, but take Europe for example. East is very different from West, but they’re both distinctively European.
  4. Once everyone has done this, we might actually have a good world in place to work on from there.
Me (And possibly you)
Obviously other things (Maps/Resources/Etc) need to be made, and then doled out to the world. Currently, I don’t have a bucket load of spare time, so if anyone is keen on getting something put together, I am always open to a group collaboration for some more game making things.

What I really need is a map. From there, everything can come together easy enough. I can do this in my own time, but that will be a bit from now. Also, since I will be primarily doing this on my own, I’ll do what I think is best. To get in an persuade me to change what I think is best though, please do contact me with your own personal wishes/endeavours, and I’ll see what I can do.

Checklist
Alright, so with that being all said, what actually needs to happen.

• We need a map (Topographical/Political/Resources) to be created. Obviously Political comes some time later, but still holds
  • People to go about creating their own cultures and the likes, and start the world building process. Please, everyone, do this.
  • More solid game mechanics for war, science, politics, and my ever benevolent DM’ing. This is also where you guys come in again, as I will need help with these. I will probably derive them off the lovely Sinclarian Rules made up many a NationState ago, but they could likely use some remodelling.
Conclusion
And now, go my children, make cultures, communicate, start the process. I look forwards to seeing what you all come up with.

Hellian

Lord of Altera
Oh, i can do the maps, except for topographical. The land mass will be generally the same shape, but there will be a few discrepancy unless i figure out a better way for me to make them.