Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Neorey August "Neo" Character Profile

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
On Godsend, the 12th of Lightshine, in the Year 2260, Season of birth, after many years, both happy and troublesome, Neorey of House August, King of Hierax has passed peacefully in his sleep. His body and mind were tired after living a full life.
He passed on without marrying and giving new life so besides some distant relatives, he leaves this world without an heir.

In his will and on his deathbed he expressed his desire to leave the kingdom in the able hands of Lord Axex of House Hawklight. He is convinced the kingdom will once again rise to power under the rule of House Hawklight and its noble king.

Honoring the kings' last wish, Axex of House Hawklight has risen to take his place as King of Hierax, and Protector of the Northern Reaches.

-DECEASED-
Lord Neorey Aeyeras August

Sigil 003-001.jpg
Name: Neorey August
Full Titles:
-His majesty “King” Neorey Aeyeras August of The Kingdom of Hierax
-Grand Duke of the Grand Duchy of Heaven’s Reach (and surroundings)
-Lord of the Manor or Lord of “Heaven’s Keep”, the Citadel of Heaven’s Reach and seat of power of The Kingdom of Hierax
-Grand Fleet Admiral of the Hieraxian Fleet (Honorary title only, the actual Fleet admiral is Thearan Aeyeras Noldor)
-Captain of The Hammer, his personal yacht/command vessel.
-Grand Architect in the fields of:
  • Military Engineering
  • Religious Architecture
  • Domestic Architecture
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Civil Engineering
  • Industrial Engineering
-Grand Shipwright
-Master Craftsman in the field of Carpentry
-Adept Craftsman in the field of stonemasonry
-Apprentice Blacksmith, Weaponsmith, Armorer (more of a hobby and for makeshift tools and items during construction)

Nickname/Alias:
Depending on who is addressing him, it ranges from “Your Majesty” through mylord and Captain all the way down to “Neo” for his closest friends in a private environment. Usually he will try to avoid being called "Your Majesty" because he detests superior sounding titles. He settled with accepting “mylord” in most cases.

[Picture Soon]

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: Human
Social Status: King, Grand Duke, Lord and various other titles, the ones used are usually depending on the situation.
Sexuality: Hetrosexual
Height: 6'3" / 1.90 m
Weight: ~90 kg / ~ 198 lbs
Date of Birth: Unknown, somewhere in the Season of Harvest, probably late Sunbright, early Mistset.
Date of Death: Godsend, the 12th of Lightshine, in the Year 2260, Season of birth
Homeland: The former lands of Anubis, long ago...
Current Home: Heaven’s Reach, The Kingdom of Hierax, Altera.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build:
He has a fairly lean but solid body. He’s slightly muscular. The kind of muscular you become from regular manual labor, not by training and exercising.
Hair: Blonde / Ginger. About one finger in length on his head. His ginger beard is well kept and his hair has always been well taken care of and it shows.
Eyes: Blue, but not the deep, mysterious blue some women like to drown in though. Just pale, grey-ish blue. Unfortunately...
Skin: He has the pale base tone of his parents’skin, but with a healthy tone and some sunburnt areas in the summer, since he spends most of his time building.
Identifying Marks: Always, apart from when he has to perform his royal duties, carries a pencil behind his right ear and he keeps a small notebook in one of his pockets. The pencil is a leftover from his younger years which he spent as a carpenter. He keeps the notebook because you never know what great design pops up in his head or for when he spots interesting building techniques or technology. He has a rather special, very durable “diamond” axe too, which he owns as long as he can remember but he hardly ever is seen with it since he simply doesn’t need it anymore. He carries it as any other royal would carry a ceremonial sword on certain occasions...
Appearance: He does not have a remarkable appearance. He is just the average human, if there even is such a thing. If it were not for the royal taylors he’d not stand out in any crowd.
Clothing: Nowadays, he is always dressed in stylish clothes, one of the many perks of being a monarch. They are made by the best tailors, crafted of the best leather, wool, cotton and velvet. His appearance is well taken care of but he cares little for details like rings, other trinkets or even a crown.
He has always tried to be a sharp dresser, without overdoing it, that is if he could afford them when he was still “just” an emerging architect, since they do not have a steady income all the time. In his youth when his occupations ranged from miner through woodcutter to carpenter, he’d wear whatever had the proper price, durability and comfort levels for the jobs at hand.
Weaponry: Being a king, he owns a complete army and navy with the accompanying armory and fleet, but his personal weapon of choice is his high quality steel axe, which he acquired when he left his job in the mines behind with pockets full of gold and gems. The steel has a shimmer to it which lead people to call it a diamond axe. It originally came with a simple, but strong wooden handle, which has been replaced many times due to wear and tear. The axe head however hardly needs any sharpening and still looks as new. For his current station he had the handle replaced by a carefully carved one laid in with various small gems and leaf gold. He mainly uses it for ceremonial purposes, but if needed, he could do some proper damage with it.
General Inventory: His axe, a small whetstone, a small pouch of emeralds and radiants, a pencil and a small notebook.
Prized Possessions: The aforementioned axe is the only material item he actually really cares for. It is the only item from his youth he still owns. He has a special love for his people not often seen with a king, if you can call them possessions... He also has an enormous weak spot for the city he designed and helped build; Heaven’s Reach. He’s quite fond of his personal yacht, The Hammer.
Hygiene: He has always thoroughly enjoyed a proper warm bath and a good scrub. His hair and beard are well taken care of. His hands always show marks of the manual labor he enjoys in his spare time, like broken nails, a chapped skin, cuts and bruises, though they are “salvaged” by his staff of servants and maids for official appearances.
Voice: He has a friendly, rather deep, calm voice that inspires kindness and trust among friends and allies. Would it come to a heated debate with an adversary though, his voice would not impress him/her on its own.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Talents:
He has the remarkable ability to draw and build what he has in his head. Everything his eyes see, his hands can build. He had a basic architectural education, but being quite lazy as a youngster, he dropped out of school. He remembered the basics, but everything he learned since then has either been self taught through trial and error, or by carefully watching others do it.
Strengths: He is particularly honest and has a strong feeling for justice. While these are strengths, it sometimes conflicts with decisions he has to make as a King. He can express himself exceptionaly well both verbally and on paper, which have lead to his craftsmen being able to build structures like Heaven’s Keep and the ships of the Hieraxian Fleet almost exactly as he envisioned them.
Fears: Failing his people again like he did in the first war for the crown..
Weaknesses: He cannot, for the life of him, ride on horseback. He is able to sit on a horse without falling off too often, but if speed is required, he has to hold on for dear life. Long voyages on horseback are exceptionally tiring for him and he avoids these at almost all cost.
He has a collection of high quality bows, but he would most likely shoot himself if he tried to fire one...
He is not the bravest of men. Although he does not mind balancing on narrow ledges while building, he is not a fighter and rather stays out of harm’s way. He immediately stopped his job in the mines when tales of the monsters living underground reached him.
He owns a couple of valuable, high quality sets of armor, but it has not seen battle and probably never will. He likes to wear it sometimes though... for no particular reason.
Intelligence: His intelligence has always been one of his defining qualities. It is the underlying base for all of his strengths. One would call him highly intelligent in many aspects, but luckily it is not of a level where it impedes his social interactions.
Languages: He fluently speaks The Common tongue and speaks it the way the nobles do since he has acquired the way they speak during his rise to his current position. A keen listener can hear he is of humble birth, especially after a couple of alcoholic beverages have been consumed. The Common Tongue is also the kingdom’s primary language, since most of the people in his kingdom originate from different countries.
Profession: See Titles. I am not going to list them all again...

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality:
He's a warm and gentle person, wary of conflict. However, if you threaten his friends or people, he will do everything in his power to protect them, including violence. He has a trusting nature which allows him to easily befriend others. This is a somewhat dangerous treat for a person of his current station, because treacherous people always surround people like him, ready to turn their back on a king for their own benefit. It is however hard to become more than a friend to him. Having lost all he loved one to many times in the past, he had closed the deepest part of his heart.
He may be a king now, but, being from humble birth, he values all layers of society for their own specific qualities.
After a slow and lazy start, he failed to achieve the goals he set for himself during his youth. After this failure, he picked up the pace and set forth with determination to achieve his goals through alternative routes. When these goals were reached, he set new ones to chase after and kept doing that.
Religion or Cults: The kingdom has, in general, accepted the whole Pantheon. The gods Korog and Rahas are particularly revered for their almost one on one alignment with how Neo would like to run his kingdom. This would be Dedication, Courage, Honour, Equality, Defense of the Downtrodden, Community, Justice, Craftmanship, Neutrality, Labor and Loyalty. And ale too... Ale is important.
In the past, he has also been seen visiting “The Ancient and Taektwwnian church, the worshipers of the builder god in old Heaven’s Reach many decades ago. It's currently uncertain if any Taektwwnians remain in Altera.
Alignment: Roughly in the top left quarter, anywhere between neutral, lawful and good.
Short Term Goals: Revive the population of Heaven’s Reach and turn the kingdom into a nation of importance once again.
Long Term Goals: Stretching his short term goals into long term goals...

TRIVIA:
Favourites:
Place:
The roof gardens of Heaven’s Keep, overwatching the city and the surrounding water.
Pastime: Sketching and tinkering in his workshop.
Food: All the seafood he can get his hands on. Good thing he lives on an island.
Drink: He can thoroughly enjoy a glass of quality proper red wine. Lately, he has also acquired a taste for dwarven mead.
Colour: Purple and gold! *he exclaims while laying his hand on his heart*
Animal: Horse. Properly cooked, sliced, spiced and on a silver platter please.

Least Favourites:
Place:
On a horse’s back.
Pastime: Having his hand forced by unforeseen circumstances.
Food: One. does. not. dislike. food.
Drink: The stale water near the end of a long ocean voyage...
Colour: Who could dislike a color? One can’t exist without the other...
Animal: Rats... they are everywhere...

Last edited:

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
BACKSTORY:

I, Neorey was born and raised in a loving family in the lands of Anubis. A fairly new nation, founded only 2 generations before me. We were a traveling nation, but some decades back, we found this untouched land and decided to stay.
My father was a humble hard working woodcutter. He had a passion for carpentry and wood carvings. An art he passed on to his only son, me. My mother was… well, my mother. She was the one who gave birth to me, changed my diapers, fed me, helped me stand up on my own two feet for the first time, and shouted at me when I broke her only porcelain vase. (I could not help it, it looked so much like a helmet…) She was just always there.
I was just a normal but intelligent (according to my parents) boy. I had the desire to become the world’s greatest architect. An almost unachievable goal for a humble lumberjack's son like me. My parents saved up all their money so I could go to school to make use of my so called intelligence. The first years were easy; I did not have to study very hard. I had time enough to chase after the girls. There were not many girls in the woods, so they were by far the best thing about school. Girls and ale. As I was always pampered by my mother I sort of lacked the will to achieve something by myself so eventually, I eventually failed my expensive study. The tutors saw no use in me anymore and cast me away. My parents were very disappointed, but they blamed themselves for my failure. I have never forgiven myself for this.
As I spent all their savings, my parents were poor and I had to find a job. I swapped the school benches for the mines. These dark, dangerous caverns promised to earn me a good income. I actually found my fair share of ores and even some gold and gems, but I was not feeling at home in these cramped, dust filled oxygen void places. The stories about creepers appearing in the dark spots of the mines drove me above ground within months. Not even the possibility of finding more of these gems and the much sought after diamonds and emeralds could keep me underground.
A friend of me was working as a stonemason in the nearby quarry and he told me they could use an extra hand. The architects of Anubis had great plans for the realm so wood, stone, marble, obsidian and other building materials were in great demand. This occupation was not of my liking either. After a year or so I could not stand the sound of the picks endlessly chipping away on the rocks. The sound of the blocks of cobble scraping over the quarry floors, being pulled by the spans of donkeys drove me crazy.
I then decided I followed in the footsteps of my father. I bought an expensive diamond-steal axe from the bits of redstone, lapis and gold I found during my mining days and started my job as a woodcutter. This was not earning nearly as much money as the mines or even the quarry, but it was more of my liking. I was outside, surrounded by nature. The second I stopped chopping trees, only the sound of silence surrounded me. I loved it. Me and my father built me a small timber house, a day’s walk from my parents’ house.
Birds singing, bunnies hopping around me in the morning, as if they wanting to share my morning coffee and my breakfast, the occasional bear, wanting me for breakfast… This was the life!
I worked hard, and in the evening I picked up the art of woodcarving, something I learned from my father but found rather dull at the time. When I was young, during the many days I spent in the woods with my father, he taught me what trees to cut down for the best timber. Every type of wood had its own specific qualities and use. I picked the finest trees and my little woodcutting company became known as the place to go to if you needed high quality wood for your construction and carvings for decoration. I had to hire more men to help me keep up with demand. Many architects used my timber for their grand designs.

By then, my little shack in the woods had seen extension upon extension and “shack” was no longer a title worthy of this place. If it was not in the middle of the woods and surrounded by sawmills, storehouses and workshops it would have been called a mansion. All made by me with my own two hands. I had taken in my parents as they were growing old and the hard labor had taken its toll on my father.
The Kings master craftsmen had heard of my too and wanted me to make a majestic throne for the new palace the king was going to build. The old one was destroyed by a great fire one night, which was caused by a dragon, according to some. Since no one had ever seen a dragon in many, many decades, this was seen as the talk of drunks… Dragons were extinct, the king and his predecessors had seen to that. The King personally visited the site and was amazed by the sheer amount of work and the quality of the designs. Even the simplest of storehouses were perfect in shape, and decoration. From that moment on, I was asked to become one of the apprentices of the grand architect of Anubis. This grand architect was an old friend of the king, but by no means an architect suitable to design a palace for a king of his stature and reputation. He spent most his time and money in the taverns and other dark places, leaving me to clean up his mess and do his work. I worked days and nights and all of my time was devoted to the building of the palace.
Upon completion of the central keep, the highest tower Anubis had ever seen, there was a ceremony to celebrate the reaching of this great height. The celebrations came to an abrupt halt when suddenly, the grand architect, who obviously had been drinking far too much, tripped over the kings robe, stumbled over the edge of the tower and fell to his death.
This unfortunate event had one positive side-effect; I was now the only person who knew how to complete the palace. I was the only one who knew before, but being an apprentice, I had to give all credits for the design to the grand Architect. It would have probably caused me to lose my job if I told anyone about him not doing anything.

Things were going well for me. I was in my early twenties and was already named the king's Grand Architect, my wealth increased and I met a sweet girl in the palace. She was the oldest daughter of a wealthy nobleman. I asked her hand in marriage and while I was not of noble birth, he was happy to grant me her hand, for he had noticed I already had her heart.
I was given a plot of land in the forests near the capital to build my own house on. Even though I was a rather wealthy architect by now, I still hand-picked every single tree for my designs. The only change was the fact the trees were cut down and transported out of the woods for me by a lumber crew instead of by myself and my span of oxes. The lumber for my own house was no exception so I took to the woods, only carrying my trusty old diamond axe and some supplies to mark the trees I needed. I went in deeper than ever before, in search of the perfect trees. I never was much of a traveler, this was my first great journey. The furthest I had ever traveled into the woods was a two day walk. Four days into the woods, the trees became bigger and bigger. This forest was on the slope of a mountain which was part of the mountain range bordering the lands of Anubis. Even though it was only four days from the capital, it was obvious not many had traveled this far into the woods. The shrubbery was so thick, one could barely navigate the forest soil. Suddenly, there it was, the biggest tree I had ever seen. It stood in the middle of an open area like a self proclaimed king among his fearful subjects; no other trees could grow in the shadow of its huge branches. This one tree would be enough to build my whole house. I remembered my younger years, when every tree appeared to be as tall as this one and smiled. I could not resist the boy inside me taking over. I HAD to climb to the top of this tree. *hes miled* {If I only had my porcelain helmet...} I could probably see the top of the tower of the palace when I climbed to the top. The bark was rough; with cracks and gaps I could easily fit my hands and feet in, so I quickly reached the upper branches and started to look if I could spot my tower.
While I was almost at the top I heard a rumble in the distance. When I looked in the direction of the sound, I saw trees being bent and broken like they were toothpicks. There was something big carving a path through the forest faster than a horse could run on open grassland. There was smoke bellowing up behind it. {What contraption could be this fast, strong and destructive?} Then suddenly, direction of this destructive force changed and it appeared to be coming for me. There was no way I could climb down the tree to try to avoid it. The moment it passed me I saw it; the biggest dragons the world had ever seen. -If anyone alive had ever seen one before, they were so rare, people thought they were extinct.- The creatures shot by at an incredible speed, causing a small storm In their wake. They were black as obsidian, a red glow from underneath its scales as if it had been feeding on lava, leaving a heavy smoke trail clouding the sun. The heat radiating from their skin alone almost burned my skin and it was setting some of the trees closer to them on fire. A foul stench of burning wood, sulphur, scorched meat and death filled the air. Through the smoke I could see the dragons changing their course slightly before their path of destruction stretched to far and the smoke got too thick to see through. I held on to the tree, and a cold fear took control of my body. The smoke trail from the dragons and burning trees in their wake clouded my view for a long time, but by nightfall it became clear to me. A bright orange haze was visible on the horizon, stretching hundreds of miles around the region where the capital would be. No man, woman, child or animal could have survived the onslaught that had just happened. The whole horizon was filled with an orange glow, lighting the dark smoke bellowing up from it. Then the dragon walked past me again, returning to their lair, wherever it was. They sure was battered, they were far fewer in number, some were missing one or more limbs, some had large gashes all over their bodies, all were missing a great number of scales, revealing a bright red glowing skin, orange blood slowly oozing out like lava. Every drop of blood creating a new fire in the forest. At least the members of the Anubis army and the elite forces of Spellblade, had given him a hard time, though it obviously was not enough...

As the fires in the forest were spreading towards me, I climbed down the tree as fast as my cold, cramped muscles allowed me to and headed for the mountains, perpendicular to the path of the dragons. I climbed the mountains, reaching the tree line just in time for me to see that beautiful, majestic tree go up in flames. Behind the flames, as far as the eye could see nothing but barren, black, smoking, scorched land… Just then I realized something…

My home… I had no home. Nothing to return to… No place to build my house, no fiancé to marry, no parents to take care of… Nothing… Not even a king or a nation I belonged to. The centuries of dragon hunting by the humans was clearly enough to deserve this, but does a dragon even need a reason to wreak havoc? Did a dragon destroy the old palace too? Were it the same dragons? Where did they go?
It was obvious my family had died, they lived in the palace until I had finished my house… That was the one thing I knew the answer to…
What happened to Kehza, commander of Spellblade who I had developed a friendship with while building the palace. He was not someone to run for danger, even a dragon. He always seemed invincible, not the person you’d expect to die. What happened to Phoenix Eden, my fellow architect and interior decorator? He was hired by the king after the unfortunate death of the grand architect… He was working on an outhouse for the king on the other side of the nation. Would he have escaped?

Questions… so many questions, so little answers…

I never was much of a hero or adventurer, so I was to scared to travel through the scorched lands to look for my family and friends. What if the dragon returned to finish his job? {Why couldn't I have more courage than this!} Why was I sitting here, shivering, weeping, mourning instead of courageously returning to the place I had grown to love?
After a period of mourning, I got a hold of myself and decided to cross the mountain range, in to the unknown lands. When, after many days of walking and climbing, I reached the final peaks, there was nothing but water, as far as the eye could see. Only a small strip of forest separated me from the first ocean I had ever seen. I decided to cross that water. A risky decision I would have never made if my old life would not have been destroyed. Over the next couple of days I built a huge and majestic ship, one to rival the king's yacht and-... well ok, it wasn't that huge... or majestic... it was a small boat… ok, ok, it was more like a raft actually, but I think I did well. Ten days after the destruction of my world I set sail in to the unknown.

I must have spent weeks at sea, but I lost track of time. My supplies were dwindling and some time after I ran out of water I lost consciousness. When I woke up, I was on the shores of a small village called Brustenburg, (Oh, the memories!) surrounded by kids poking me with sticks to see if I was still alive. The people there were kind and I was well taken care of until I had recovered. I learned I was in the land of Altera, a hospitable nation home to not only humans, but dwarves, elves and many races I had only heard of in the lore’s my parents told me.
One day, a man came to the inn I was staying in. I heard him talking to the innkeeper; he told him he probably knew me? When I opened my door it appeared to be Mr Sidgen! He left Anubis many years ago shortly after I became the apprentice of the Grand architect. He left in pursuit of more wealth and adventure, which he obviously found in Altera. He was the assistant mayor and Guild master of Heaven’s Reach, one of the biggest cities in Altera. When I was fully recovered we took to the city of Heaven’s Reach. We passed through Port Silver, a majestic town that reminded me of Anubis.

Memories…

I was welcomed by Markandar August, mayor of Heaven’s Reach. The town was in development but already a beautiful place. After he heard of my past as an architect he asked me if I would help the city develop, grow and flourish. In return, I was given a plot and some materials to build a house on so I could call the town my home.

Home...

It would take a while to feel at home again. Everything here was new to me. I had found one old friend, and had plenty of chances to make new ones, but will I ever find the happiness and love I had in Anubis?

Last edited: