Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Player Questions

lifeofzoe

Villager
LifeOfZoe
LifeOfZoe
Hi all. Total noob here. I just joined the server today and I accidentally used ./spawn from where the lapis block start was, It says I have to talk to Mairin and I can't do that. Is there any chance at getting back there to do the tutorial storyline? Thanks.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I believe one of the ships in spawn takes you to the tortorial island. you can then find a ship there that takes you back to the temple, and then walk your way back up. That or ask a staff member when they are on to teleport you there. to check for staff, hold the tab down, they have red names.

Purgatoris

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Purgatoris
Purgatoris
Blessed
Hey, so I applied a while ago as a character but due to irl circumstances I had to stop playing for a very long time. I'm just able to come back - would there be any option for me to replace my old character with a new one, and if so how?

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Depends if you are still whitelisted. If you are, I believe that you are free to create a new character if you want. If you are no longer whitelisted you have to reapply.

Purgatoris

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Purgatoris
Purgatoris
Blessed
Okay cool! Dumb question - how do I tell if I'm whitelisted or not since I've been away for a while? And, if I am whitelisted, is there a specific form for making a new character without the whitelisting process?

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Should be able to tell if you are whitelisted by logging in. No form for new character necessary if whitelisted. Feel free to make a character page under journals if you want. It helps organizing your character in any case.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Okay cool! Dumb question - how do I tell if I'm whitelisted or not since I've been away for a while? And, if I am whitelisted, is there a specific form for making a new character without the whitelisting process?
If you can log on and use chat, you are whitelisted.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm asking this question for a new player who was online the other day. He asked for a public enchantment table. Perhaps it's a good idea if we add an enchantment table to lvl 30 in Storm's Landing's Library if it has a library. I think it will motivate new players if we accommodate such basic Minecraft needs for them.

Shao

Bring back angry react
I'm asking this question for a new player who was online the other day. He asked for a public enchantment table. Perhaps it's a good idea if we add an enchantment table to lvl 30 in Storm's Landing's Library if it has a library. I think it will motivate new players if we accommodate such basic Minecraft needs for them.
I support this yes. Unless there isn't already one in s.l somewhere.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Or hit up an enchanter like kethron.

Edit: Even if I didn't have an enchanter, I don't really see how enchanting is a basic player need. Especially when it is not difficult to create your own or to join a faction, town or make a friend with someone who has one to share with you.

Edit2: Though if it helps attract people who am I to care.

Bartooliinii There is a Library in the upper section, though I don't think there are any books in it.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
@Bartooliinii There is a Library in the upper section, though I don't think there are any books in it.
Simple enough request- I've added it into that same library at the first floor. It may not be up to level 30, but it's good for new players to start up and use.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Or hit up an enchanter like kethron.

Edit: Even if I didn't have an enchanter, I don't really see how enchanting is a basic player need. Especially when it is not difficult to create your own or to join a faction, town or make a friend with someone who has one to share with you.

Edit2: Though if it helps attract people who am I to care.

Bartooliinii There is a Library in the upper section, though I don't think there are any books in it.
I think they meant for OOC use