Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New race?

megasoar

Lord of Altera
Dear Alterians,

Mechasoar and I would like to create a new race called Lupis, which is a mix of Wolves and Foxes. You can have either wolf or Fox skin (if you can make a mix of the two).

Backstory:

Shadow stood, watching the sun rise from the cave with Starr, his soon to be wife. The Riddler appeared. He laughed his maniacal laugh echoing through the cave. "I see you're happy?" He said. "We want what you promised." Shadow said. "A fox and wolf to be human, right..." Stated The Riddler. "You promised.." Said Starr. "You think I'm afraid of a fox, Starr?" "No...but maybe a hungry wolf..." The Riddler looked at Shadow. "Alright...two humans coming up..." The Riddler waved his hands creating two glowing orbs. "Put these in a drink and slurp it down fast...I'm done with you two..." With that The Riddler disappeared. "Bottles up!" Said Shadow. Starr laughed as they drank the potion. 3 years later they were living in the town of Heaven's Reach, and had two kids. But they didn't know that the potions would only work partially on their children. Their daughter, Marlit was a fox human, and their son Umbra is a wolf human. When they were three and Shadow and Starr were growing old they figured out that they would transform into a fox or wolf at anytime when they could control it. But when they were only three, they couldn't control it and learned the sacrifices. 5 years later they were both 8, and their parents died. They lived together and always have been helping each other find food and water, defeating enemies, and surviving. But they soon figured out, they could turn into either... (To be continued?)

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
I vote... yes! Let's do it! I've always wanted to get another race furious at me! Already made a Nakat angry when I called him a giant walking cat....

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
I am a bit sceptical about introducing new race to the server lore, before the server lore is already finished.
Maybe we should wait with this until we have a basic lore to build on.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
This already exists. Read the lore...
They're called "Shape-changers" or somesuch :)

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Really? I call them Kitty all the time, they never make me an enemy to their whole race. :(
you're the guy who we owe too much to to be angry at >.>
Had you not fixed Eminu's brain so many times, you would probably be sporting a few claw scars here and there ~:heart:

And I like the idea of a new beastrace, especially one surrounding Wolven type people!

But, and excuse my criticism, it seems a bit cliché to make such creatures irrationally violent..
Such beings would be more concerned with hiding and surviving, rather than going out of their way to expose themselves and attack potentially dangerous foes >.>
As well as them being somewhat..flat. You've yet to flesh such characters out, and this seems as if it's more of an acquired trait than a race..
Anywho, if you'd like any advice from me, it'd be to simply write as much as possible about them. Their habits, culture, diet, fashion, EVERYTHING. Leave no stone unturned! Even when you think you've written enough, keep writing!
Sounds a bit taxing, but in the end, it's actually pretty fun :3
Anywho, good luck on the race! :3

If this gets approved, they must have an irrational hate of the Nakat.
NUUUUUU
0dog_cat_love.jpeg

Fuzzies unite ~:heart:

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Nakam tend to be awfully faithful people >.>
Even if you'd helped us once, we'd still consider basil a fully-fledged friend.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
"Oh, look at all those Nakam! see how many of them there are? there certainly isn't just one of them!"
"Oh, look at that lonesome Nakat! He's totally alone! just the one! The single Nakat!"

But, let's not make this about Nakam stuff, there's a seperate thread for that. (second link in my signature).
Ask questions to the new race person thingy!! :D

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Sounds like a great idea, but also very simular to my first character that got hunted with pitchforks and killed brutally because she was a 'monster'.

I hope all goes well though... :D