Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Year | New Theme

Which one will you use more often?

• Light Mode

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Dark Mode

Votes: 27 77.1%

• Total voters

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1609712081151.png
1609712148397.png

lightvsdark.png

Hello Alterans,

Our forums are looking to change into a fresh new theme. One fortunately equipped to have both a light mode and dark mode. It's sleek! It's easy on the eyes! It's new! Have a look by following these steps: Scroll down to the footer of our forums. Look for the word "Ortem". Click on it and then choose a new style called "Dimension Light". You'll now be on light mode. You can switch to dark mode by clicking the crescent moon icon on the top-right screen. Check us out on your phones for the mobile version, too!
This trial change will be formally moved over to light mode on Jan 8. For now, I'd like people to switch over and start helping in finding issues with the formats and modes, give critique, so that mostly everyone can easily look through content and threads. If you can't see your alerts, or if there's too much white somewhere- please let me know so I can adjust the color schemes. As a note- any attempt at darkening your text will not show up in dark-mode. So to appease both light/dark - make sure you avoid using black text for your threads. All official HW threads with dark text will be adjusted.

Light Mode will have a similar color scheme to previous forum layout with some adjustments.
Dark Mode will be leaning towards the darker grayscale color scheme.
Thank you to donators for allowing Squidziod to be able to purchase the new theme for me to format for you guys.

Attachments

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
It's Dec 8 in the other half of the world- Welcome to the new theme. You're all still free to see if changes can be made.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Still stuck in 2020, nightmare.

==

Had some good advice by Brown and Electric on discord.

Some changes:
-Navigation's odd tab coloring is gone
1610143163836.png

-social icon colors are more subtle.
1610143657041.png 1610143664392.png

-Dark mode font color is more subtle

-Light mode banner is the tug boat. Darkmode banner will switch to snow trees by default. But if you selected new banners, they'll stay that way.

Possible pending changes:
Light mode's white background will be darker
Staff color in Dark mode can hopefully be lighter

Probably not changing:
-Tab prefix colors. I'm only able to change them once for both versions. They aren't as glaring an issue and being vibrant colors- it makes sense. They can be changed if there's more people not liking the color choice for some of them.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Still stuck in 2020, nightmare.

==

Had some good advice by Brown and Electric on discord.

Some changes:
-Navigation's odd tab coloring is gone
View attachment 118314

-social icon colors are more subtle.
View attachment 118316 View attachment 118317

-Dark mode font color is more subtle

-Light mode banner is the tug boat. Darkmode banner will switch to snow trees by default. But if you selected new banners, they'll stay that way.

Possible pending changes:
Light mode's white background will be darker
Staff color in Dark mode can hopefully be lighter

Probably not changing:
-Tab prefix colors. I'm only able to change them once for both versions. They aren't as glaring an issue and being vibrant colors- it makes sense. They can be changed if there's more people not liking the color choice for some of them.
Looks better already! Text on dark mode is easier to read now and the other aesthetic changes are appreciated. About the social icons, the subtle colors are great. At the bottom of the page, there's a "Share:" section with different icons (twitter, reddit, pinterest, etc.). Those still have bright colors, I'm not sure anyone uses them but for consistency they could be made subtler at some point I guess.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Looks better already! Text on dark mode is easier to read now and the other aesthetic changes are appreciated. About the social icons, the subtle colors are great. At the bottom of the page, there's a "Share:" section with different icons (twitter, reddit, pinterest, etc.). Those still have bright colors, I'm not sure anyone uses them but for consistency they could be made subtler at some point I guess.
Good point out- but I think they're fine. It wasn't a problem in the last layout and their default state is out of focus enough to be fine

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I gave it another week of Ortem. Final edits on background and staff color for dark mode are adjusted. Sorry to those that preferred the last theme and thanks to those that wanted the new version. Tentatively closing the thread- people can send requests via a ticket.

1611278309648.png