Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

Ngodre'r Spech

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
Ngodre'r Spech is a language, spoken by members of Harmaa.
Ngodre'r Spech is actually a simplified version of nethertalk, able to be spoken by mortals, Nethertalk in Ngodre'r Spech, means Ngodre'r Spech.
Ngodre'r Spech is nevertheless, being simplified, still a hard language to learn, outsiders can't understand Ngodre'r Spech, often called Ngodr', because of the rapid speaking. Exemple: A man says Ngodre'r Spech, an outsider is only able to hear Ngdre Shpeg.

Ngodre'r Spech is a sharp, painful and hostile language to hear.
OOCly, Ngodr' is a mixup between German, Welsh and Dutch.

Ngode'r Spech can only properly be learned by a keeper, or The Vanguard, it is created for secret talking between Harmaa members.

A helpful tip: Word: Translation - Prenounciation.

Nouns
Fire: Kill - Kghall
Death: Laedooth - Lajdof
Flesh/corruption: Knawwd - knawd
speech: Spech - Shepeg
Nether: Ngodre'r - Ngodreir
Verbs
To die: Laedith - Lajdif
Spreading: Illebraetunk - Illabraithunk
Misc and answers
Yes: Ie - Ie
No: Na - Na
Ok: Okee - Okie

More to come though..

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Errr, do we really need another language? The logic of this particular language is also faulty. If it sounds like nether speak then anyone caught speaking it is immediately going to be avoided. If we only speak it in private then why not speak common?

I'm part of Harmaa but I don't see a need for a language.

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
Errr, do we really need another language? The logic of this particular language is also faulty. If it sounds like nether speak then anyone caught speaking it is immediately going to be avoided. If we only speak it in private then why not speak common?

I'm part of Harmaa but I don't see a need for a language.
We're able to speak it, infront of others, though, they will not understand..
If I where to give you an order to kill the person right infront of us..I'm not going to say that in common..Would I..?

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
No but that person who just heard netherspeak is going to either walk up and confront you or run off to the inquisition to tell them there's an elf speaking like a demon at the merry mead.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Yes...but as Jak said that would be flawed. The language would be identified by some clever person in the end as to that of a relative of Netherspeak, which wouldn't be as hard when we've had demons all the time and then links we'll be formed and you'll just get the Inquisition eating you. More than that, everyone in Harmaa will be known (Identity-wise) and then you'll just have everyone in Altera coming for you and the Inquisition because they'll know your related to grief...

Edit: Snipe'd

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
Yes...but as Jak said that would be flawed. The language would be identified by some clever person in the end as to that of a relative of Netherspeak, which wouldn't be as hard when we've had demons all the time and then links we'll be formed and you'll just get the Inquisition eating you. More than that, everyone in Harmaa will be known (Identity-wise) and then you'll just have everyone in Altera coming for you and the Inquisition because they'll know your related to grief...

Edit: Snipe'd
No but that person who just heard netherspeak is going to either walk up and confront you or run off to the inquisition to tell them there's an elf speaking like a demon at the merry mead.
Pff-
Whispering is overrated..People /might/ be able to hear you..

And the inquisition doesn't reach further then Port Silver..

And the demons only use netherspeak while talking to other demons, or to the queen..
Resulting, no one else who doesn't follow the Queen most likely never heard true netherspeak..

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Pff-
Whispering is overrated..People /might/ be able to hear you..

And the inquisition doesn't reach further then Port Silver..

And the demons only use netherspeak while talking to other demons, or to the queen..
Resulting, no one else who doesn't follow the Queen most likely never heard true netherspeak..
Have you seen how many times Demons have been in Port Silver? Of course everyone is going to have heard Netherspeak.
The Inquisition are a hand of the Crown, they reach across the land, the Inquisition can snatch up yo' Kids, snatch up yo' wife, snatch up yo' Harmaa. The further reprecussion is the people are freelance as well and will murder you as everyone hates Grief, so it's a failure on all fronts.

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
Have you seen how many times Demons have been in Port Silver? Of course everyone is going to have heard Netherspeak.
The Inquisition are a hand of the Crown, they reach across the land, the Inquisition can snatch up yo' Kids, snatch up yo' wife, snatch up yo' Harmaa. The further reprecussion is the people are freelance as well and will murder you as everyone hates Grief, so it's a failure on all fronts.
Demons only spoke common in Port Silver..

So that's why I see so many inquisitors where I travel..
I /might/ have seen one around the borders of PS, not further..

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Demons only spoke common in Port Silver..

So that's why I see so many inquisitors where I travel..
I /might/ have seen one around the borders of PS, not further..
1) Demons have spoke lots of Netherspeak in Port Silver

2) People only RP in Port Silver because no-one has the diversity to go anywhere else to RP, where Inquisitors could get involved, in real life, they'd be everywhere. Don't make assumptions that Inquisitors don't go anywhere, ever seen Drake before?

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
1) Demons have spoke lots of Netherspeak in Port Silver

2) People only RP in Port Silver because no-one has the diversity to go anywhere else to RP, where Inquisitors could get involved, in real life, they'd be everywhere. Don't make assumptions that Inquisitors don't go anywhere, ever seen Drake before?
Yes, but he's dead..

And..This isn't real life, Limadan avoids port silver..
He sometimes visits PS

And then I missed alot of speaking in PS..

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Yes, but he's dead..

And..This isn't real life, Limadan avoids port silver..
He sometimes visits PS

And then I missed alot of speaking in PS..
When I say real life, there's meant to be these things in your environment. Port Silver isn't an empty place, the Cranes at the air-docks are being operated by people pulling them, they operate on Pulleys and Kinetic energy. It's the same with the Inquisitors, there presence is everywhere, such as the Crown. Even if Limadan avoids Port Silver, lots of Harmaa members don't and people know who are in Harmaa now.

And yes you did

Edit: Your arguement is also invalid... *DOes /spawn, instantly sees Limadan RPing with Morinya* , your obviously never in PS, are you?

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
When I say real life, there's meant to be these things in your environment. Port Silver isn't an empty place, the Cranes at the air-docks are being operated by people pulling them, they operate on Pulleys and Kinetic energy. It's the same with the Inquisitors, there presence is everywhere, such as the Crown. Even if Limadan avoids Port Silver, lots of Harmaa members don't and people know who are in Harmaa now.

And yes you did

Edit: Your arguement is also invalid... *DOes /spawn, instantly sees Limadan RPing with Morinya* , your obviously never in PS, are you?
He sometimes visits PS
Seth, get off my back, and get off my thread, if you have nothing else to do but complain..

I accept constructive criticism, I do not accept complaining..

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Seth, get off my back, and get off my thread, if you have nothing else to do but complain..

I accept constructive criticism, I do not accept complaining..
It's not a complaint, it's a "We don't need another language which makes no sense and would be flawed in real life" and " Your gonna die if you use this"
But alright

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I like it, will demons understand it also, or is it just Harmaa?

-K9

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Since it is a simplified version of their language, they would..
Ah. Will it be used at meetings and such? And when can I rp to learn it?

-K9

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
I also see no reason for this language.

I can see races like Elves,Dwarves,Earthspawn and Greyling having languages but not every group of people.

-Coming from a Harmaa member.

Spark

Broken
King Oguk said:
I also see no reason for this language.

I can see races like Elves,Dwarves,Earthspawn and Greyling having languages but not every group of people.

-Coming from a Harmaa member.
Not all languages have to be race related. Why are people complaining it is good for RP and adds more mystery to the group.
If you don't like it, don't use it, nobody is forcing you to.