Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nid Arach] Important change for those RPing at Nid Arach

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
1597077065811.png

A Hero Will Rise
Important information about a change, for those RPing at Nid Arach

Nid Arach has been the scene of battle, both blatant of clashing swords as well as backstabbery, deceit and cunning. Though the affairs of those locked in conflict have driven them elsewhere in Altera, ever on the move, ever looking for new adventure. As more and more adventurers moved away, Nid Arach seems to finally know an unsteady form of peace. The Essence of Chaos remains, but there's nobody there to witness it.

OOC:
I'm as good as gone for the foreseeable future. I will definitely be back, there are too many things I've built (not literal) here, too many friends made, so much adventure yet to be had. But for now, I've made up my mind. This means it is time for me to tie up lose ends. Nid Arach is one of them and since it has been the attraction of so many people, this change will also affect quite some people. Some may be happy about the change, others might abhor it, but it's gotta happen.

What will change?

1. No more rules.
    According to the event
    "Business on Unholy Land" there are quite some rules to follow, when visiting Nid Arach. This ongoing event is now marked 'finished'. Henceforth, all rules are abolished. This doesn't mean you can steal, stealing is still against server rules, so please don't loot chests that don't have a sign with them like "You found an item!" or "There's Thornpest growing here". If you come across a chest full of books or items and whatnot, it's likely it belongs to someone. Post any questions below and I'll add them to the f.a.q.
  2. No more DM necessity. Do roll Essence of Chaos.
    If you want to visit Nid Arach, you can go ahead without me. But the 'Essence of Chaos' still happens. You don't really need me for it, all I do is roll and tell you what happens. Besides, by now quite a lot of people already know all 12 of the things that could happen, so no need to keep it a secret anymore. So if you visit Nid Arach IC, just make sure you check the Essence of Chaos sheet at the bottom of this thread and roll a d12 to find out the daily effect.
  3. Lose ends will be tied up.
    If you were in the process of achieving something, I'll make sure you'll still get a chance. Likely it'll be discord or forums RP, resulting in me hopping online at any moment to give you the end product. This is specifically referring to people who were in the process of capturing a monster or getting full Arachian Steel Armor and Weaponry or other Arachian sets. This only counts for people who were already in the process of getting them. Unfortunately I cannot accommodate new things any longer.
  4. I'll be back.
    Undoubtedly there'll be a moment I'll want to come back to being fully active again. There'll be a time in the future, I am 100% sure, that I'll fire up the old Nid Arach engine. This is just a measure to make sure that while I'm gone there are no lose ends and people aren't stuck with half measures.
F.A.Q.
  1. "So Nid will be free reign now?"
    Yes. Do what you like. Should you want to do something massive, I'd like you to send me your plans in a conversation. But if you don't want to make any OOC changes to the region (changing or adding builds) you're completely free. Take over if you like. Host a festival if you like. You don't need my permission for those. The only time you need to ask me anything is if you plan on impacting the region OOCly: the blocks themselves. Just make sure you don't steal from each other's bases. It's still a server rule not to steal. You can loot, but not steal without notifying those people who own it.
  2. "What about the beasts, the Arachian bats and such?"
    They're still there, but in much lesser numbers. If you want a beast encounter, I'd like to refer you to the currently active Player-DM's in the Events Committee.
  3. "What about the Arachian Lord event-chain?"
    Should there be a large group really wanting to tie this lose end up, I'm willing to do one final event and end it in 1 event instead of the 2 I had planned.
I loved every minute of the events we did together. I've seen people achieve amazing things, make crazy plans that actually worked too. I've seen impeccable timing in sieges from both sides, I've seen superb combat roleplay, I've laughed at the funny things that happened and I've loved all of it. Thanks for being amazing people.

Essence of Chaos
Effect: This region experiences random occurrences that affect its weather, terrain, and animals. Each day, roll a d12, and apply the relevant effect from the table. Each effect lasts 24 hours and vanishes/reverts afterwards.
1: No effect.
2: The region is beset by an ash storm that heavily obscures vision.
3: The region is beset by a blizzard.
4: Thin purple lichen grows on all inanimate surfaces that are poorly lit.
5: All structures in the region appear to be slightly askew, with edges and faces meeting at odd angles.
6: All sounds within the region are muffled, as if being made through water.
7: Depth perception is unreliable, and distance from objects is impossible to gauge. All ranged attacks are made with disadvantage.
8: Metal objects superficially rust after a short amount of time spent in the region. Artifacts and magical devices are immune.
9: All plants within the region seem to murmur just beneath an audible volume.
10: Harmless spiders swarm throughout the region. They are not averse to crawling on people.
11: Animals within the region gather to watch people within it. They do not attack, and do their best to remain out of danger while watching.
12: A random animal present in the region experiences a mutation that makes it more dangerous, such as growing sharp tusks or mandibles.

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
  1. "What about the Arachian Lord event-chain?"
    Should there be a large group really wanting to tie this lose end up, I'm willing to do one final event and end it in 1 event instead of the 2 I had planned.
I’d be down for this

Icanra

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Icanra
Icanra
Merchant
I wish you all the best with your future mate and I hope to see you back soon. Just wanted to applaud you for being such an amazing DM, Player and Friend. Stay safe!

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I'd definitely be down finishing up the final event of the Arachian Lord chain! :D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Well I did a big oopsie. I made it seem as though there were 0 rules in Nid Arach, but the server rules of course still apply.

Both good and bad guys' bases have been 'raided', someone taking all the books and/or other items out. I would like to update what I said earlier and tell you all not to steal from the bases. To loot abandoned items is fine, but these items in the base are hard-earned by the people who roleplay at Nid Arach. So please don't take their stuff. Sorry for the confusion!!

See the updated rule 1. So sorry for this confusion. Now, Gods be willing, I retreat into my break.