Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nid Arach] Mercs & Bounties - Expansion (CANCELLED)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Nid Arach
Mercenaries & Bounties
Expansion
cannot be played without the base game :^)

1645087749291.png

Once I was an outlaw, much like who I hunt.
T
hen I realized: This isn't very fun;
b
eing the one who's hunted, through forest and through street.
S
o I've become the hunter, stalking on my feet.

Sir Andrew Wallins is starting a mercenary group, but with the current way PvP CRP is fought out, nobody quite likes to make use of mercs, which is a shame. He came to me to ask if I could help in the matter and I got enthusiastic about the idea. Proudly presenting the latest Nid Arach Expansion; Bounties & Mercs!

IC - Why Does It Work? - Incentive
The world is full of factions who have their own little corner of Altera to rule. Of course, factions seek to undermine each other and sometimes they go too far; breaking laws in the process. They'll never admit it was one of their own who broke the law, and thus they won't intervene when a faction puts out a bounty. Nid Arach is a lawless land. People with bounties on their heads sometimes flee here in fear of being prosecuted. It is exactly this part of the bounties that I wish to allow mercs to collect.

OOC - How Does It Work? - Criminal Cards
Public
The public bounties are up for grabs and can be completed by anyone. You'll need to enter Nid Arach and figure out where the criminal is hiding. Once found, it'll be a matter of catching or killing them. If you believe you need help, you can call in the Alteran Merc force; Band of the Jackal, headed by Sir Andrew Wallins.

Custom Private - for others
If you would like a custom bounty for someone else to go after, then send me the bounty worth of radiants (/pay Bartooliiniii amount). I'll make the criminal card and the specific private group can go and chase after them.

Custom Private - for your own group

If you would like to go after a custom bounty yourself, I can create one on demand and set the criminal loose in Nid Arach for you to find.

HAPPY HUNTING!

F.A.Q.
Can I become a merc?

Contact Sir Andrew Wallins for more information!

Can I become a criminal?
Usually the criminals are NPCs, but if you want to be hunted during one of these weekend-sessions, you only need to have done something to break the law inside a lawful town somewhere. Just let me know what you've done and I'll create a criminal card for your character and send it to the faction it applies to.

What are public bounty cards?
The public bounty cards below this post are bounties that anyone can collect. I coughed up the money for them myself and the criminals described in the bounty card can be found in Nid Arach during one of the weekend sessions.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
+[Public Bounties]+
These people are on the loose in Nid Arach and may be apprehended. Once caught, I will pay out the bounty myself!

1647109365107.png

A bounty has been put on the head of Raenyr Astalgon , a white haired, one eyed elf! Said to have a wife called Briarwood, who he's been cheating on with another. Increasing, therefore, the bounty with five-hundred radiants just because he's an unfaithful bastard.
3,000 radiants for the one who puts this man in chains or kills the bastard that took Shane's leg!

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
+[Collected Bounties]+
The bounties collected by bounty hunters or those killed by the ones that deemed them a criminal.

1645300518729.png
Aellar The Quiet.png

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
One criminal has been... well, how do I put this...? She's not gonna be disguising herself any time soon, let's keep it to that.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Added 3 public bounties including Raenyr, Astalgon , (Shane ain't taking his shit no more! haha)
Also changed the OP to make it easier; you can just go after public bounties or request bounties to be made for you. Either way; you can try and locate the criminals in Nid Arach and claim your prize!

Last edited:

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
How much to /remove/ a bounty?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Another bounty ... well not collected. Man's face got torn off, hard to prove he's dead without the face. Goodfink's to blame.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
UPDATE! Shane has increased his bounty on Raenyr: Said to have a wife called Briarwood, who he's been cheating on with another. Increasing, therefore, the bounty with five-hundred radiants just because he's an unfaithful bastard.

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
UPDATE! Shane has increased his bounty on Raenyr: Said to have a wife called Briarwood, who he's been cheating on with another. Increasing, therefore, the bounty with five-hundred radiants just because he's an unfaithful bastard.
Sallana can respect that.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Bounties & Mercs expansion of Nid Arach will be ending once the last bounty has been collected. I made this, especially for the Mercenaries but those who approached me about mercenary work never actually interacted with the thing. Besides that, it never really took off as I had planned for it, and to be honest; I'm glad to get rid of it. It makes things simpler for everyone; fewer rules and exceptions. Nothing substantial will change in Nid Arach as a result of me removing this. What changes is that I am making sure that there won't be any bounty/merc requests when it's already a dead concept.

Thanks for your understanding and once more; see you at upcoming events! :D