Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nid Arach] Elaborate Visitor Manual

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
1643900619935.png

+
[ Warring In Darkness ] +

Nid Arach11.jpg

"A foothold in darkness is not easily made, for the darkness cares only to destroy and corrupt.
Neither the righteous nor the wicked are favored. Yet, both seek to bring an end to the other.
This war serves Him well."

1643900606230.png

Every now and then Nid Arach opens up to facilitate your endeavors.
Nid Arach is now classified as a
PvE area only. PvP has no place in this region.
This means you'll be fighting for your goals against the region, but never against other factions.
You can brave this perilous yet bountiful land too, but not without reading some guidelines first.

Visitor's Manual
When joining a Nid Arach Event, I assume you have read this manual and know how things work.
Once you're inside, you may explore Nid Arach as you see fit. There are some rules to keep in mind.
Please read these rules fully and refer to this manual if you're ever unsure.

-1-
Essence of Chaos
Nid Arach is a divine region of Jishrim. The magical effect changes from day to day.
Events start with an announcement of the day's Essence of Chaos effect.
I'll roll a d12, which determines what the effect of the day is!

-2-
Daily piece of Loot
Nid Arach has existed for a long time, causing it to be filled with trinkets.
Upon your arrival in Nid Arach, you'll get your daily piece of loot.

I'll roll a dice to determine what you get from the loot table.
The daily loot consists of broken pieces, 3 of the same kind repairs into an item.
The pieces are; Weapon, Armor, Object, Kit, Cloth, Page, and Plant.
You can find more of these pieces scattered throughout Nid Arach at corresponding locations.
e.g. weapon pieces at a weapon rack, pages at a bookcase, plants in the wilder areas.

-3-
Kits
You may create useful kits that help with traversing Nid Arach
Kits may be used indefinitely! The available kits are the following:
Agility Kit - While parkouring, use 1AP instead of 3 to prevent falling + move across ziplines in both directions freely.
Shortcut Kit - Create shortcuts for 1 AP instead of 3 + cross gaps of up to 10 blocks with a grappling hook freely.
Loot Kit - Use 1 AP to optionally reroll at loot-points + never get stunned by the trap.
Charisma Kit - Use 1 AP to intimidate or distract NPC opponents + natural trust from peaceful NPCs.

-4-
Action Points
When in Nid Arach, you'll have five action points per visit per person.
You are required to keep track of your own AP each visit. Unused AP don't stack between visits.

Regard your AP as your pool of special things you may do in the region at each new visit.
The things below are what you can spend your actions on.

1 AP
Actions that alter the region significantly.
Get something from an NPC or trader.
Grab a broken loot piece (from a chest or item frame).
Loot a guarded loot-location.
Specific uses of toolkits.
Set or dismantle a trap.
Remove 5 blocks of debris.

2 AP
Flee a scene, guaranteed unharmed.
Loot an abandoned loot-location
Grab loot item (from a chest or item frame)

3 AP
Prevent falling down when you fall during parkour.
Create a shortcut somewhere.
Overpower similar level strength NPC during combat.
Find an extra daily loot piece.

-5-
Loot Locations
Loot locations are indicated with a sign saying 'loot point'. They're a game of chance and a possibility to get a lot of pieces in one go.
Make sure to PM me when you're at a lootpoint so that I determine what you get and grab the items for you.
When looting a loot point, these are the possible outcomes.

Concussion trap
Stuck trap with noise
Weapon & Armor piece
Object & Cloth piece
Plant, Page & Kit pieces
Piece of random repaired Arachian loot
Piece of repaired loot of choice

-6-
Boss Slaying [optional]
Those who come to Nid Arach to slay beasts will either leave with treasure, or not at all.
In Nid Arach, there are many beasts. Some are bosses and belong to the Slayer Type.
They are specifically hard to kill (90%) unless the player wields a specific item related to that beast (50%)
There's one boss which can be slain repeatedly (once per visit), each at their own specific location.

Slayer Bosses

Lightning Bug Boss- Insulated Boots
Krowler Boss - Incense Burner
Frog King - Nose Peg
Leech Boss - Bag of Salt
Drowner King - Bowl Helmet
Echo Boss - Decoy Light
Ancient Arbori - Fire Source
Arachian Bat Queen - Decoy Plush Rabbit
Brood Mother Queen - Irzis-FyrArmor/Weaponry
Escaped Elchbar Boss - Barbed Weaponry

Corrupted Gryphon - ???

Each Slayer-type beast will drop a Slayer Token upon death, along with its usual loot.
Slayer tokens may be traded for Slayer Gear in the Slayer Tower Ruin.
Slayer Gear gives useful boons while within the Nid Arach region.

Slayer Gear
While wearing the full slayer outfit, the DC of all creatures in Nid Arach is drastically decreased
1684962107480.png
(2) Slayer Boots - Oily boots that prevent Arachian swamp animals from climbing onto you.
(2) Slayer Legs - Designed to increase evasive abilities while fighting Arachian monsters.
(2) Slayer Chestplate - Designed to increase offensive abilities while fighting Arachian monsters.
(2) Slayer Helmet - Lined with spikes to decrease the DC from Arachian monsters that would grab you.

(1) Slayer Dart - A single-use weapon with which to sedate a single small or medium-sized creature
(1) Slayer Bait - Used to lure a particular Arachian monster to your location.
(3) Slayer Familiar - A smaller version of a tameable slayer creature that can fight at your side (doesn't leave Nid Arach)

Stolen epic dividers from Elz

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Discord
We have a discord for Nid Arach which is useful to join if you're in one of the currently active factions.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The big siege/battle will take place tomorrow. So the first WiD event is going to be pushed back to the weekend after!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is today, starting in 45 minutes and lasting for 2 or more hours. You're free to join late, just pm me when you enter the region for your daily loot!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Next week there won't be a weekend session. Perhaps I'll be able to find a moment during a weekday!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The next session will be this saturday! Likely around 2pm EST this time. If you were planning on visiting Nid Arach, now is the time!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's been a very busy and demanding week, so I'm extremely happy I got this session to look forward to. We're gonna have a great time. Looking forward to accommodate your adventures in Nid Arach again, friends! See you tomorrow!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Today's Effect: Harmless spiders swarm throughout the region. They are not averse to crawling on people.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is scheduled to happen tomorrow at 1 or 2pm EST and by the looks of it there's nothing preventing me from hosting. So see you Saturday :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Today's effect; All plants within the region seem to murmur just beneath an audible volume.
Starting now, you're welcome to join at any time in the coming few hours.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Important change!!!
Every visitor now has 5 actions, effective immediately, to allow for more freedom.
After next Saturday's event, you are required to fill in the form if you wish to visit.

I no longer DM separate groups/visitors at the same time due to it just not being fun to spread my attention over several places, people needing to wait for a long time, etc. I can't really get into the character's stories and goals if I have to keep hopping from person to person during a DM.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
These are the kinds of DMs I really enjoy in Nid Arach and why I keep hosting these.
A group of people going into a place nobody has seen for literal OOC years.
Revisiting old event sites.
That's Nid Arach. Alive with history if you know where to look and I love it :)

1647729793952.png

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
Important change!!!
Every visitor now has 5 actions, effective immediately, to allow for more freedom.
After next Saturday's event, you are required to fill in the form if you wish to visit.

I no longer DM separate groups/visitors at the same time due to it just not being fun to spread my attention over several places, people needing to wait for a long time, etc. I can't really get into the character's stories and goals if I have to keep hopping from person to person during a DM.
The Azarins would like to visit this weekend on Saturday please!
Loriss
Hellmann
Freia
Rae Astrid
Anwar
Malark
Victor
Storm(possibly)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I just found out I never added a description of the available kits in the manual.
Did that now, you may exchange 3 kit parts for any of the four above-mentioned kits.
I also merged some kits and added the zipline ability for the agility kit.

ENJOY!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Adjusted loot point effect to be less unforgiving and more a chance for something profitable.