Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nightvuher's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Nightvuher

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
GhostlyHeart

2. How old are you?
1. What is your Minecraft username?
GhostlyHeart

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Stockholm, Sweden. But was raised in North America, so nothing to worry with me blotching the kings english.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Correct.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming, saying Out-Of-Character facts inside In-Character chat. Spoiling information for everyone. (Ex. Zachary stole a peice of bread, no one saw. He told me OOC. I told the guards that he stole it and he gets caught.). Powergaming is forcing actions against another player. (Ex. I take my battleaxe and chop you down the middle. Thats not intirely possible, but not inpossible.) Its basically saying an action that makes you overpowered but in really your just a puny runt.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. Thats a form of cheating and doesnt seem realistic, unless the dwarven race has the ability to sense valuable resources inside the mountains.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well I love medieval, fantasy style games that arent completely sappy. Like Kingdom Come: Deleverience and The Witcher Series. My hobbies, well im barely into aprentice level, but im learning brewing and weapon and blacksmithing. I listen to music like Wardruna and other swedish and norwegion music, Like at this making of this app, im listening to Sverker, by Corver Corax. I really love medieval warfare and engineering. I used to be a seigemaster on a medieval roleplay.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Im a little bit of everything, I play alot of DnD so that helps build a lot of those skills

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
To be honest, I googled Medieval Roleplay Servers for MC and yall popped up on the list

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Samdaer Ashforge

Character Age:
27 Summers

Character Race:
Dwarven, if possible

Appearance:

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I attached the actual skin and a picture of the skin in game, msg me if i got that wrong.

Written Test!
It all began on a nice day in a summer stricken mountain side with a couple homed to the Clan of the Deepforgers (Let me know if this is not allowed). This couple were a fine and very dwarven mixed pair, as one was a brewsmaid named Aganeth Cambershield and one was a fasioned smithy named Gothar Ashforge. These two combined formed what most of the sterotypes of the dwarven race come into place.With the events placing over the lands, they decided to keep to mountain life in hopes of the seclusion keeping them safe. Over years of marriage, they sought to have a youngling of their own to share their lives with, surprised by the fact, they came about with twins, as so forth came Samdaer and Faemar, 7-pound twins, blond and soon to be mischief, born to the new world. The Ashforge family lived among themselves, living a peiceful life. After 10 summers of Samdaer and Faemar's life and come to start the teachings of their parents professions, as to use them into their maturity. As time went on in their life and hearing from the other clans of all that has been happening to the other races, they lived their life secluded to the dwarven life in hopes of it not ending prematurly. Life for the yet young dwarfs continues on to them taking on his fathers lively hood and forge. Their parents living proud to the dwarfs accomplishments, see that the younglings is maturing to great young men, ready for the world, as they know how it is to become of them. The moments of their ensight suddenly come to standstill when the plagues landed on their doorstep. Scared that the plague might take their children, they feared for the worse. By th gods did they hope for the passing of this unfortinate event to strive away from their home. At last the least expected happened, The Dwarfs parents come to a faint illness and come to a passing...The young dwarfs, struck by their loss, strives to help those who also experienced this great undoing. A family friend takes themin, in place of their absence. He was a worker at the local mine, and the young dwarfs took to that trade to help burrow in thier time. As they reach their maturity, they prepares for the journey that lies before them, with only one thought in his mind, where to start?

(Just to let yall know, When it comes to character development in IRL with me, I keep a journal in game and record my life, so when it comes to my characters ending, there is a story of his life, for those to read.)

(Also I have a friend that is going to be rping as Faemar, so he'll describe his side)

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Attachments

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a good start, but there are a few things I'll have you look at first, before we continue:
  • Your powergaming definition is missing something-- try carefully re-reading the provided definition and examples to see if you can figure out what is missing with yours.
  • Your written test is short, being only 239/400 words. Please expand it to the proper length.
And that'll do it! Once you've gone through and corrected the above points, post here and I'll take a second look then.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Looks good to me...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.