Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nobility to Prestige transition - All you need to know!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Tomorrow, the new Prestige plugin will be live on the server, effectively replacing the old Nobility plugin.

Since we are changing to a new world and new regions, we might as well start from scratch, on a nicely clean blank slate! :D

So yes, that means that you're going to lose:
- your Nobility title
- your House (if you own one or belong to one)
- all your regions (well, you saw that one coming I hope! ^^)
But fear not! Because we prepared this guide to help you, and the new Prestige plugin will be even more easy to use than the old one!

As a clarification: Houses and Regions won't be deleted and you won't lose anything tomorrow!
This will only happen when the old Nobility plugin will be removed, in about a month from now. Please finish the region refund process as soon as possible to fasten the transition.

Another guide has been posted already to explain how Prestige works, and to give you all the commands you need!
You'll find that guide here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/prestige-guide-region-and-house-plugin.38176/

The thread here is more to answer the transition time questions, for people that were already using Nobility and want to change to the new one.

Here you can navigate to the following posts, depending on your needs:
- Changing time, woohoo! What not to forget behind?
- I had a Noble title - how do I get it back?
- I already bought a new Prestige title, but I also had a Noble title! Help!
- I own a House, and want to recreate it. What happens with the creation fees?
- My question is not listed here! Please help meeeeeeee!

Last edited:

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Changing time, woohoo! What not to forget behind?

This post mostly interests you if you currently are a House owner, and you want to "keep" or recreate that House with the new plugin.

So please remember to:
- empty your House bank before leaving
Use /noble house withdraw to take all your Radiants with you!
And use /noble house info [your House name] in case you don't remember how much your House bank holds.
If the old plugin is already down and you can't access the /noble house command anymore, do not worry. We will keep a copy of the data, so just ask us and we will do the necessary :)

- make a list of all your House members!
If you want to invite them back into your new House, you should note their names somewhere... You don't want to forget some, do you? :D

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I had a Noble title - how do I get it back?

Once the new Prestige plugin will be live, a command will be available to claim your old Noble title back.

Use /prestige claimTitle to get a new Prestige title rights, and to avoid paying the fees!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I already bought a new Prestige title, but I also had a Noble title! Help!

No worries! :D

You can use the same command, /prestige claimTitle, to get the new Prestige title money back!
Tada, like if nothing happened! :)

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I own a House, and want to recreate it. What happens with the creation fees?

We're going to make a new thread, where you will be able, as a old AND new House owner, to ask for the House creation fees refund!
We wouldn't want you to be unhappy because you paid the fees twice! (would be unfair, wouldn't it? :))

What do to?
- create your new Prestige House
Use the new /house command, it's easy as ABC! :D

- ask for a creation fees refund
Go post on that thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/prestige-plugin-old-new-house-fees-refund.38191/

Last edited:

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
My question is not listed here! Please help meeeeeeee!

Well... ask away, this thread is here for that! :D

Q: What if you had an old house, but don't intend to recreate it? Will refunds be given for old houses?
Yes, if you had a House, ask on the dedicated thread and we'll refund it, to compensate for it's loss.

Q: Ptiber, I have a severe case of slackitis, which means I wouldn't be able to read a guide because I'll never go looking for one. What are the exact commands I'll need to claim land and start building if I've never had noble before?
First:
/prestige title buy
Then:
/domain create [name]
/domain buyplot
/domain claimplot

Everything is in /prestige help, /domain help, /house help, etc etc... Lots of help commands in there! :D

Q: If I no longer want to make my own region don't I go out worse than before? I mean like no longer having access to titles such as Archduke, or will they be still available to me as I had them earlier and the new system will only effect new nobles?
Titles are going to be the same ones, available to everybody that have a Prestige title, exactly like it is currently with a Noble title. If you claim back your old Noble title, you'll get the same titles!

Q: Is there any chance organisations could get the ability to change their rank names?
It is already in! Houses and Organisations will have their own titles for each ranks :) (7 for Houses, 5 for Guilds).

Q: Do co-owners get the same benefit as the region's actual owner, thus the title 'noble'
No, everything is going to stay the same as it is currently for regions ( = "Domains"). A non-"noble" (without Prestige title) won't be able to be an owner. You can add anybody as a co-owner, but they will stay as they are. They want the titles? Just buy a Prestige title.

Q: What if I want to recreate my house as a vassal?
Your old House will be disbanded anyway at one point when we will definitely remove the old Nobility plugin. So might as well disband it by yourself using /noble house disband
Then, you will be able to use the command /vassal create [name] [liege] to create a new House of a Vassal type. You need to enter the [name] you desire as well as the name of the [liege] House that you desire becoming Vassal of.
The target House owner will have to accept before your Vassal House is created, but once it's done you're set!
You will then go post on that thread to get your creation fees refunded: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/prestige-plugin-old-new-house-fees-refund.38191/

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I own a House, and want to recreate it. What happens with the creation fees?

We're going to make a new thread, where you will be able, as a old AND new House owner, to ask for the House creation fees refund!
We wouldn't want you to be unhappy because you paid the fees twice! (would be unfair, wouldn't it? :))

What do to?
- create your new Prestige House
Use the new /house command, it's easy as ABC! :D

- ask for a creation fees refund
Go post on that thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/prestige-plugin-old-new-house-fees-refund.38191/
What if you had an old house, but don't intend to recreate it? Will refunds be given for old houses? I don't even have a house, but I was curious in general for other folk.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Ptiber, I have a severe case of slackitis, which means I wouldn't be able to read a guide because I'll never go looking for one. What are the exact commands I'll need to claim land and start building if I've never had noble before?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well a few questions:
Q: If I no longer want to make my own region don't I go out worse than before? I mean like no longer having access to titles such as Archduke, or will they be still available to me as I had them earlier and the new system will only effect new nobles?

Q: Is there any chance organisations could get the ability to change their rank names?

Edit:
Q: Do co-owners get the same benefit as the region's actual owner , thus the title 'noble'

For the other stuff I will PM you and read cause you probably don't want that to be discussed openly - its also more concerns rather than questions.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Well a few questions:
If I no longer want to make my own region don't I go out worse than before? I mean like no longer having access to titles such as Archduke, or will they be still available to me as I had them earlier and the new system will only effect new nobles?

Is there any chance organisations could get the ability to change their rank names?

For the other stuff I will PM you and read cause you probably don't want that to be discussed openly - its also more concerns rather than questions.
I had a Noble title - how do I get it back?

Once the new Prestige plugin will be live, a command will be available to claim your old Noble title back.

Use /prestige claimTitle to get a new Prestige title rights, and to avoid paying the fees!

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
That doesn't really answer my question at all; It answers the question if you claim a new region that will give you access to the noble title (and probably the titles attached to it) but not if you don't claim a new one, as you will then be 'Gentry'.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
- all your regions (well, you saw that one coming I hope! ^^)
Woah woah woah, I haven't had my refunds processed on my existing regions yet, wth?

I was under the impression we still had more than a month to go through this.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
That doesn't really answer my question at all; It answers the question if you claim a new region that will give you access to the noble title (and probably the titles attached to it) but not if you don't claim a new one, as you will then be 'Gentry'.
Ah, I see what you mean. I misunderstood what you were asking at first. My bad.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Woah woah woah, I haven't had my refunds processed on my existing regions yet, wth?

I believe you just have to log in and poke one of the staff members doing the refunds. solus ptiber Archbishop Antilogy Readij I may have tagged extras or not enough, not sure. But I know for sure Solus is one of the folks doing refunds.

Claims are also opening tomorrow, so I think that's why the move is happening all at once. So folks can do claims using Prestige instead of nobility.
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/new-world-claims-open-friday-26th-august.38159/

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I believe you just have to log in and poke one of the staff members doing the refunds. solus ptiber Archbishop Antilogy Readij I may have tagged extras or not enough, not sure. But I know for sure Solus is one of the folks doing refunds.

Claims are also opening tomorrow, so I think that's why the move is happening all at once. So folks can do claims using Prestige instead of nobility.
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/new-world-claims-open-friday-26th-august.38159/
Yeah, except I still need to handle extricating entities and chests and doing world edits. and I've gotten exactly one days notice that existing regions will be removed when previously staff said they'd be doing refunds and world edits of the course of a month, so I've been waiting for Cherry to post bloody threads but I guess having any kind of communication or advance bloody warning is too much to ask for, is it?

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop

You refund is secure. We waited to do regions that had worldedits until near the time that we were releasing regions. We can do the refunds at any time, this new plugin doesn't change that.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
You refund is secure. We waited to do regions that had worldedits until near the time that we were releasing regions. We can do the refunds at any time, this new plugin doesn't change that.
If my region is removed I can no longer have permission to use chests or remove entities from it, unless you have something else in the works that has been unsaid in this thread.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
What if you had an old house, but don't intend to recreate it? Will refunds be given for old houses? I don't even have a house, but I was curious in general for other folk.
This is important.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Answers of the questions asked so far are up in the last post: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/no...ition-all-you-need-to-know.38190/#post-646340

Sorry, I was unclear about this.
As a clarification: Houses and Regions won't be deleted and you won't lose anything tomorrow!
This will only happen when the old Nobility plugin will be removed, in about a month from now. Please finish the region refund process as soon as possible to fasten the transition.