Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Northern Town] {Moderate} Stoltfar

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend

toeditforthread.png

2020-10-13_11.45.54.png

In the frozen tundra of the far northern reaches of the continent, Stoltfar stands as a bastion soaked in tradition. The fortress' existence is a testament to the strength and willpower of its fierce and proud inhabitants.
fordivider.png

2020-10-13_11.44.21.png

Stoltfar is a bastion town shielded from the sub-arctic winds by a firm wall. It is currently neutral politically speaking, but holds close friendships with the likes of Azerwind, Baramur and Altham. Daughter to the First Chieftains, Eleanor Strand is Countess of Stoltfar and Chieftess of the Strand Clan. The town upholds loyalty and the wisdom and strength to survive above all else and they are fiercely proud. They generally try to remain neutral and act on their own, but will travel to aid their allies without hesitation if necessary.

Location (x, z): -3800, -17800
Rating: Moderate

Access: A port is available in Mockingbay. It is too heavily isolated to be reasonably reached by foot except perhaps from Queensport, one would almost certainly freeze to death without enough supplies. Stoltfar is open to the public.
To Join: Becoming a resident of the town is an IC matter and requires that you speak to Chieftess Ellie Strand

fordivider.png

Ruling Family:

Countess Eleanor Strand (samiwashere)

Daughter of Tryg and Odette, Chieftess of House Strand

Count Raigo Tideborne Strand (Ghostkairo)

Chieftain of House Strand, Husband of Eleanor

Cub Alvaro Strand

Son of Raigo and Eleanor, heir to the Strandir and all it’s holdings.

Lord Segar Strand (FrenchRoast)

Legitimized bastard son of Tryg

Lady Ashild Strand

Legitimised bastard daughter of Segar.

Avalyn McKerras (Juvix)

Step-daughter of Chieftess

Bennett (Deester)

Adopted Brother of Eleanor

Clan Members:

Theo Calderon (Edouard2000 )
Co-founder, scrivener, courier, hunter-in-training

Arisha Niamh (RagingLunacy )
Healer

Non-clan Residents:

Ganbu Reiotan Brown
Town Smith

Amelia Rose Map
Chieftess' Goddaughter

King Axex (Skeira)
Close personal friend of the , occasional scout for the tundra.

Frequent Visitors:
--

Openings: Just about anything, ask IC

Banished:
These people automatically consent to death if they try to enter the town.

• Arianne Niamh (Bobert )
  • Reynard (Deester)
  • All known Jishrimites
  • Eimar Ursea (Rawkiller)
fordivider.png
landscpae.png
2020-10-13_12.16.39.png

Stoltfar’s landscape, along with its bleak beauty, is isolated and naturally well-fortified, allowing easy control of passage to the town, while also being accessible to sources of food.

The Land

Stoltfar itself is built upon a relatively flat peninsula which juts out to the north of the Northern range of mountains, dubbed Frostpoint. It is almost completely barren except for resilient small tundra shrubs and grass that sticks up through the permanent frost where it is shallow enough. This is enough to draw the presence of white rabbits, reindeer and wolves as they move along the coast.

The mountains to the south form a near-impassable barrier that is the buffer separating the lands of Stoltfar from the Kingdom of Kaltland. The peaks are rocky and steep, and the slopes shrouded in miles of snow and ice. It is doubtful that the Kaltlanders will ever clash blades with Stoltfar over the lands; the dangers far outweigh the benefits of settling such a treacherous landscape. Even the vast frozen valleys are not worth the effort of reaching.

The Sea

By far the most striking features of the land are the frozen islands of rock and ice in the waters of the settlement. Ice floats that have broken off of these immobile behemoths and the shore make the waters treacherous to ships approaching Stoltfar. There is only one clear passage, running straight northwest from the docks, wide enough for a single large ship at a time to safely pass through, so long as the wind is permitting. The passage is formed by the two most impressive groups of islands - the Winter Fortress to its northeast, and the North Twins to its southwest. North of the Twins sits one more noteworthy cluster of islands, dubbed the Bearpaw for their arrangement.

South of Frostpoint is a sheltered bay, with mountains to the east and south, the peninsula to the north, and more distant land barriers to the west of the opening. However, ice floats make the bay too treacherous to navigate except for small fishing boats. Because of its undisturbed nature, it has been named the Bay of Solace.

The vast ocean stretches out beyond the peninsula. The air only gets even more deathly cold, and not a single black island is in sight from the coast. Only a fool with a death wish would bother trying to ford it; any land they do manage to find would be far too frozen for even the toughest shrubs, and the waters far too frigid for even the boldest fish.

mapmap2.PNG

2020-10-13_12.29.21.png
fordivider.png

relations.png

External Relations
Allies

• House Altham

Friends

• House Azerwind
  • House Baramur

Vassals
--None

Lieges
--None

Rivals
--None

At War
--None

Trade

Trade Deals:

--

Fleet:
  • Emberlys, cargo ship

Exports:
  • Fish (i.e. salmon, cod)
  • Pelts
  • Dried meats
  • Soap
  • Leather
  • Bows and arrows
  • Clothes.
  • Potatoes

Imports:
  • Mead
  • Metals and Ore
  • Whiskey
  • Arrows
  • (more to come)
fordivider.png
Credits:
French Roast for a lot of the orginal content, a majority of which is unedited ive just added bits to keep it up to date
Me for photos
Me for design bits

Last edited:

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
fordivider.png
2020-10-13_12.43.29.png
laws.png
Enforcement - Warriors
Stoltfar is protected by the Warriors of the Strand clan. They are comparable to the station of a Knight in southern hierarchy and are both skilled men-at-arms and loyal members of the clan. They enforce the laws of the city, while being held to an even tighter scrutiny under the law themselves. They also act as soldiers when Stoltfar must answer the call of war or hold its defences against outside threats. The current Warriors are listed below:

• Eleanor Strand
  • (More to come)

Strand Law
Stoltfar is ruled by the Strand family. The current Chieftess is Eleanor Strand

Any and all crime is heavily frowned upon, and while there is a guarantee that criminals will be given fair consideration, and the circumstances examined before any punishment is carried out, barring the situation of an actively rebellious/violent offender, Strands are not known for their mercy. All criminals will receive the punishment they deserve invariably, which will be discussed within the House family and decided upon by the Chieftess.

1st Law - The Hunt
For a citizen to hunt in excess or hunt without respect for the prey is disrespectful of the land.

Citizens found guilty of this will face confiscation of their hunted prey/their trophies, meat, furs, or any other goods from their hunt, as well as the confiscation of their chosen tools of the hunt.

2nd Law – No masks or full face coverings

Wearing a mask or a full face covering within the land will be considered an obstruction.

Mask wearers will be told to remove the mask or leave, any refusal will result in forced exile with any force that is necessary.

3rd Law - Forbidden Worship
The worship of Jishrim is outlawed on the lands of Stoltfar.

Anybody found to be worshiping the God of Chaos will be executed.

4th Law - Murder
Murder of a citizen, or of a visitor on the lands of Stoltfar, is a horrible crime.

Murder will result in varying punishments depending on the situation but will never go unpunished. Murder of anyone in the Ruling family will be punished with execution, no exceptions.

5th Law - Torture
Physical or mental torture of a citizen, or of a visitor on the lands of Stoltfar, is disgustingly cruel, cowardly and dishonourable.

Offenders will be punished with execution.

6th Law - Thievery
Thievery on the lands of Stoltfar is dishonourable.

Thieves will be punished with forced reparation to the victim including a fine in addition to the stolen items or value, and possible breaking or removal of a hand, depending on circumstance.

7th Law - Slavery
Slave holding, buying or selling is illegal.

Slavers will be deprived of their slaves (who will be set free) and executed.

8th Law - Disruption of the Peace
other acts, whether violent or deceptive, which disrupt the peace and unity of the town, can and will be punished as crimes.

Penalty will depend on the act, severity and circumstance.

9th Law - Equality
Peoples of any heritage and race are welcome in the town.

It is considered an act of foolishness and prejudice to pass judgment on a person due to their race, and such individuals will not be tolerated. People practicing racism on the lands of the town may be exiled if they persist after warning.

10th Law - Forbidden Arms
Weaponry and armor is regulated to ensure no threats to citizens or visitors.

If asked by the Chieftess, Visitors and citizens must willingly give up their arms and armour or face forced exile. Unless given permission by the Chieftess, no weapons of any kind are allowed inside the feast hall or Keep.

A note on the use of magic, Divine or Arcane

While the use of magic is not outlawed when done in the privacy of one’s own home, it must not be done in public spaces without express permission from the Chieftess. Additionally, the use of magic on someone without permission is seen as an offense and will be duly punished in accordance with the severity of magic used.

fordivider.png

OOC Rules

1. Of course, all server rules apply.
  2. You must obtain permission from me and any relevant building owners to host events, violent or not.
    1. If something violent or destructive happens without warning me beforehand, I reserve the right to intervene.

fordivider.png
places.png
The Feast Hall
2020-10-13_11.40.33.png
One of the first buildings built upon this land, the feast hall is a sort of home-base for citizens. It is a place of community and gathering. Most traditional events are held here. There are rooms for visitors, a bar and often a free meal produced by the Chieftess herself. On the lower floor there is also a public bath, and a sauna.

The Sacred Wood
2020-10-13_11.40.20.png
Theodra’s presence still lingers in Stoltfar, and it is most palpable within the confines of The Sacred Wood. Many sermons and gatherings have been held there, and it is a keystone in the history of the Clan. A statue of the First Chiefs, Tryg and Odette Strand, resides there, handcrafted and gifted to the family by Thordil.

The Clinic
2020-10-13_11.40.47.png
A typical clinic for illness and injuries alike, it is headed by the town’s healer Arisha Niamh.

The Stoltfar Strongbrew Tavern
2020-10-13_13.12.01.png
A place to purchase a hot meal or a brew if the feast hall is lacking. The place to be if you’re seeking entertainment on a cold night.

The Quiver
2020-10-13_11.39.52.png
The religious epicentre of Stoltfar, with shrines built by many different followers of each permitted religion. The building is bow shaped, and also houses a memorial room for those that have passed on.

The Hall of Beasts Hunter’s Lodge
2020-10-13_11.40.59.png
Overseen by the Chieftess, it is a gathering place for hunting parties who plan to brave the tundra. Within it, there are several rooms, a kitchen, a lounge and shelves awaiting trophies from hunts.

Steadfast – The Keep
2020-10-13_11.41.34.png
The private residence of the ruling family, where most formal business is conducted and overseen. What resides within is largely unknown to the citizens.

The Barracks
2020-10-13_11.44.35.png
A space for warriors to convene. It contains the armoury, the prison and a communal residence for guards on duty.

The Greenhouse
2020-10-13_11.41.24.png
A novel venture for Stoltfar, the greenhouse is a communal place to grow things that once were thought unobtainable to the citizens. Thanks to the help of Botanist Quill Emiryn (Juvix_ ) there are a multitude of different plants that the people are now educated in how to maintain. (contact me for notes until I get a book set up with them in there)

The Library
2020-10-13_11.41.09.png

A cozy place to seek out information, or just pick up some light reading.

Again credit to French Roast for the laws which I only tweaked a little bit to fit the changing times

Last edited:

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
fordivider.png
history.png
Beginnings
While attempting to escape the needless drama of southerners, the Strandir settled in what is now Stoltfar just after the voyage to the eastern continent. Stoltfar was built in Homage to Tryg's former land of Vinterhavn in the Northern Kingdom, but grew very much out of its own traditions and people. Life in Stoltfar was always a challenge, and the first few winters were fraught with struggle. Still, the small community of settlers persisted, and soon a town began to form.

Battle for Stoltfar
Just when the people of Stoltfar began to think they were settled, disaster struck their small town. A group of zealot bandits from the north wall (dubbed the northern raiders) attacked the town. They tormented the citizens for months, and eventually the tensions culminated in a battle in the feasthall. The Strandir were victorious, but many lives were lost and their Heir almost kidnapped. These events lead to a further hardening of the people's already thick skin.

Theodra
Due to The First Chieftain Tryg Strand's, devotion to The Huntress, Theodra and her traditions have always played a big part in Stoltfar's way of life. The Sacred Wood was the first mark of the towns alignment, followed by Tryg becoming her first sacred and using his powers to aid his people and his allies. Many sermons have been held in the town walls.

Death and Change
After many years of peace and neutrality, The Chieftain and Earl of Stoltfar passed from natural causes. His wife, Chieftess Odette Strand, followed shortly after. They left behind two grieving children who took up the thrones together, but tension and trauma tore the pair apart, and one night Eleanor Strand seemed to disappear entirely. Segar Strand was left to rule alone and, much like his father, he was utterly devoted to Theodra and thus her traditions persisted.

Return and a New Age
After returning to her family and people, Ellie Strand was soon given full leadership of Stoltfar and the Strandir clan. With her, an age of open-mindedness began. No longer was the focus on Theodra, and what was largely an undeveloped town began to grow and prosper. Neutrality became less of a focus, and efforts were made to make the place seem more inclusive.

fordivider.png
Traditions:

A Grand Feast is often held before winter, where the meal is hunted just beforehand and cooked by the ruling family themselves. It is symbolic of the feasts the people used to hold as a final chance to pig out before rationing began.

Remembrance: Once a year, the town gathers by the bay of solace to let small boats with candles in them float out into the water. This is in memory of those that were killed in the Battle For Stoltfar.

(More to come, I want to delve into this a lot more)

(OOC: HALLO doing a major overhaul of important threads as it seemed they hadnt been updated since the map started lmao, i will be doing the same for azerwind eventually but there was less to do for Strand so i figured i'd tackle it first)

Last edited:

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
And done for now, sorry for retags I tried to not @ too many people

Contact me if you're interested in living here or hosting an event. ^-^

EDIT: also if any staff see this could you archive but not delete the old stoltfar thread? If its not seen I will create a ticket or something.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
{+} There is a temporary hunting ban in the Stoltfar Tundra in order to allow the Reindeer a chance to repopulate and return after some illegal excess-hunting, but the citizens are assured that this will not impede the winter stock {+}

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Been waiting to have enough going on to do another update SO

{+} Trade to and from Onora has stopped, a small note is tacked to the noticeboard stating that Eimar Ursae is now banished from Stoltfar citing continued harassment and emotional trauma caused to the ruling family and those directly associated with the Chieftess.{+}

Other Updates: Altham added to Allies as a formal alliance is going to be signed off on soon. Additionally the hunting ban was lifted a while ago but I forgot to say that here. And Raigo and Ava have been added to ruling family because they basically are and they live in the keep when they are there.

Stoltfar is going through some BIG expansions atm but since im doing it all alone it's taking a lot of time so I'll do a proper update on that when I get more done.

Rawkiller Map GhostKairo123 Juvix_

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
I realised when taking pretty pictures that I have not updated this since starting my rather large expansion to the city. Stoltfar has grown quite a lot and the most recent addition is a mountain-side castle for the Strand's fast growing family. Cant show this stuff off with an event for a while so have some shader pics.

2021-04-29_16.07.22.png2021-04-29_15.05.56.png2021-04-29_15.06.38.png2021-04-29_16.16.00.png

Will update more when I add more along the docks and on the other side.

HMU if you're interested in joining the town!