Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Notstal's Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Notstal

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Notstal

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Estonia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC information to to the benefit of your character.
Powergaming is making your character too strong and RPing like your some kind of god. Also it is having a god character who always wins because you don't give another player a chance to fight back. For example I walk down the street and see someone, then I say to him *Cimarus takes out his sword and stabs you into the stomach. You die* I have not asked for a permission from him, but I still do it because I'm a powergamer and I don't care about other people's opinion.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm nerdy if you can say so. I like history, books and video gaming. But I'm not a typical nerd because I don't exell in all classes. I don't really have to say much. And also as some write they have pets, I don't.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Just browsing internet.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Cimarus Thumphton
Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Cimarus is 5 feet 8 inch tall. He is not the tallest, but he has a beard. His hair is set in a "block" fashion and is brownish. He wears a green shirt, brown pants and black leather shoes. His eyes are grey.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Cimarus Thumphton was born in a small and poor farming village. He lived with 8 siblings child family. Their dad was a farmer as everyone else in this village. Their mom also a farmer. When Cimarus became 7 years old, he began to help his dad with farming, he helped his dad for 9 years, before he was conscripted to a local militia. Cimarus became a soldier, but he was in no way a good soldier. He had enjoyed farming with his dad in the village, but at the moment he was marching under a nobleman’s banner. The duke expected some form of loyalty from the soldiers, but Cimarus remembered, how the duke had punished a random man from the village for not filling the amount of wheat that had to be produced.. Because he also found wrong fighting, he ran away after 2 months in the militia. He ran away in the middle of the night when most of the soldiers were sleeping. As he had nowhere to go, he decided to do what Thumphtons were good at, to vanish into the forests. He lived many months happily in the woods eating entirely berries and small rabbits he managed to catch. But then the war ended and everybody realised that Cimarus didn’t come home. Cimarus knew that if he went back home, he would be imprisoned for desertion. He decided to go to the wide world. He worked at many of the villages and towns in Altera, mainly as a farmer. Cimarus later remembered these times fondly, because he thought these years were happiest in his life because there were many funny accidents that had happened in taverns all over Altera. On time in Queensport, he managed to anger a sailor, but then some random guy hit the sailor with a plate of hot meat and it spilled all over the room and one drunken sailor took up some meat and he ate it. Everyone burst laughing and Cimarus managed to escape only to find a group of sailors and get beaten up by them. After that incident he decided to find a stable home. He was now not travelling and seeing things, he was looking for a home. Cimarus Thumphton sighed, and started walking. He had a long road ahead.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, thanks for applying. I'd like to see a few things worked on before we move forwards with your application.
  • Power-gaming Definition: I would ask that you elaborate further on your definition as it is rather short and open-ended. Please take another look at the {King's Law} page.
  • Character Appearance: Please take another look at the {lore for humans} as it does not state that violet is an eye colour humans can have. Additionally, 5'10" is certainly on the higher end of the height spectrum for this race.
  • Written Test: Your written test has a decent amount of writing and grammatical errors. Please take a moment to try and fix this, as this is an English-based writing-heavy server; a minimum fluency and ease of expression is required in writing.
Please respond to this thread when you would like me to have another look. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact myself or another mentor. Thanks.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Looking good! Please take one more look at our information on power-gaming as you are still missing an important aspect regarding how players interact.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.