Staff member
Legend
Tideborne
Tideborne
Legend

Waterday, 1st of Stormwind, 2306
Server News

Server Policy Updates, Announcements, & Changes
  • 1.14 (Village and Pillage) update-- Although a number of technical snags have been hit the update is most certainly still on the way.
  • Help Us Run Hollowworld-- Due to hitting a donation goal limited special titles specific titles have been made available. Make sure you have 1 HW donation credit in your inventory (Can be any rank) [x]
    • The custom titles for October are now gone forever! Make sure to keep an eye out for more in the future so you don't miss out. The next set will be dropped in December!
  • Special Cultural Injunction-- Recently, official change has been made shifting the language 'Aurion' and the Silver Elf culture of 'The Arget Isles' into legacy traits, now needing to be applied for use through the Lore Dept. [x]
  • Guilds-- Now, upon request, owners of Prestige Guilds on the Hollowworld server may have a subforum put in for said guild within the 'Organizations' forum. [x]
On-Going Server Facets
  • Support Tickets-- Support Tickets are still available for utilization of all members of the community for increased ease in contacting staff and logged/recorded tickets so less is forgotten. [x]
  • Contributor Perks-- When contributing to the continued operation of the Hollowworld server a number of titles and other possible perks cane be gained. [x]
  • Auction House Plugin-- Need a few extra radiants in your pocket or a good deal on some materials for an upcoming build? Make sure to check out the auction house for some sweet deals by typing [/ah]. Here is a helpful thread for any new players or old players who need a refresher on the commands offered while on the Hollowworld server. [x]
Events

Campaign Events

In the last month or so the Unhinged server campaign has hit it's stride, make sure to keep on top of ongoing events and rumors so you don't miss out!
  • The Great Tear - Nov. 2nd 5:00 p.m. EST - For several weeks now, thunderous cracking has been heard echoing across the skies of the realm... [x]
In addition here are a few more helpful places to assist in player involvement and feedback for the campaign.
  • [Unhinged] Feedback Thread - This is a place for participants of the campaign to voice their cordial and constructive feedback. [x]
  • [Unhinged] Research Conversations and Event Planning - Instructions for how to construct and post a research conversation for anything campaign related can be found here. [x]
Player Events-- Currently scheduled player events include the following.
  • Ritual Testing - Nov. 3rd 1:00 p.m. EST - Within stone circle, beneath raw sky. Where stranger things than birds do fly. In light of fire and with the ash. We bring back the old beneath the gash... [x]
  • A Hunt - Nov. 3rd 6:00 p.m. EST - A small hunting party embarks into the wilds near Halbed in search of their quarry. A beast of great renown, a quest for glory perhaps? Or maybe something more nefarious... [x]
  • Echos of the Past, Act III - Nov. 7th 3:30 p.m. EST - After finding that Aldris' men beat them to burning Rosehill to the ground, several young 'princes' clad in armor have raised yet more questions... [x]
  • Return to the Village - Nov. 8th 6:00 p.m. EST - Plans have been laid and set Eimar asks the guard and those of fighting ability to lend their help to return to the village in the west to gather any bodies leftover and to cleanse the place of anything leftover... [x]
  • Into the Nether - Nov. 9th 5:00 p.m. EST - The realms are merging and breaking down. The Planar and the Material are becoming as one... [x]
  • Clan Goraya Trade Festival and Feast - Nov. 9th 3:00 p.m. CST - There will be feasting, music, and storytelling so that you may know us not as so-called barbarians, but as a people who are just like you! [x]
  • Words of the Wilds - Nov. 10th 6:00 p.m. EST - I, Thryss Vendolyn, invite all those who may listen to attend a sermon on the words of Theodra in Stoltfar's Sacred Wood... [x]
  • The Kalstaat Masquerade Ball - Nov. 16th 5:00 p.m. EST - Those of noble houses across the lands receive an invitation, as well as the allies of Kane. Cursive blank ink on fine paper, sealed with the black wax of House Kane... [x]
  • Make sure to check the calendar or front page of the forums for any new events. [x]
Recipe of the Month

✾Pumpkin Pie
  • Nine pumpkin pie, filling the crafting table -- With Thanksgiving coming up make sure to stock up on this wonderful holiday treat!

Riddle of the Month

If you think you know the answer to this months riddle PM Tideborne, the first five people who get it right will be featured in the following issue of the Newsletter along with the answer, and receive a 1000 radiant cash prize.

✾Last Month's Riddle --

Last months riddle was: "A towering being of white watch all this sacred night. Their grin is wide and o' so bright, by the stroke of midnight, the shadow's bites, And take away their warming light. Who are they?"
  • The answer to this riddle was: A Candle
The first four people to get it right, not five because only four got it this month, they were...
  1. Heie
  2. Jase
  3. BoredBrit
  4. GhostKairo123
This Month's Riddle --

This months riddle is another heavily lore related one and will require some digging in the Hollowworld Lore Book [x]:"If one were to hear an echo. A voice that can be heard. Take a closer look for you may find the one speaks these words...Who am I?"

Hint: The answer lies somewhere within the Hollowworld Lore Book.

✾Next Month's Riddle? --

If you have a riddle that you would like to have featured on the newsletter, feel free to PM Tideborne. If it's used in one of the Newsletters to come you will receive 1500 radiants in game. Extra points if it's lore related!

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Mentor
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Help Us Run Hollowworld-- Due to hitting a donation goal limited special titles specific titles have been made available. Make sure you have 1 HW donation credit in your inventory (Can be any rank) [x]
  • The custom titles for October are now gone forever! Make sure to keep an eye out for more in the future so you don't miss out. The next set will be dropped in December!
I wanted to donate to get the halloween one, but it said I had to be legend rank, which is something like $50,- so I stopped there. Now I feel really sad I didn't buy the halloween rank :/

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Legend
Charybdis
Charybdis
Legend
I wanted to donate to get the halloween one, but it said I had to be legend rank, which is something like $50,- so I stopped there. Now I feel really sad I didn't buy the halloween rank :/
i would've gotten one but not a fan of grey/white for donor status (imo the point is to stand out and the text/border colours for 2/3 were kinda flat). kinda surprised there wasn't an orange and black one

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Mentor
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
i would've gotten one but not a fan of grey/white for donor status (imo the point is to stand out and the text/border colours for 2/3 were kinda flat). kinda surprised there wasn't an orange and black one
There was an orange and green one I wanted to get, but when I saw it required legend rank I just clicked away

Solus

:eyes:
Staff member
Server Owner
I'd also like to apologize for the pricey donation ranks for holiday ranks. Our permission groups would have led me to make several small groups with different title ranks just for one colored rank. By introducing a new rank for people to be interested in, I wanted to make sure folks still had access to all their titles and prior permissions. The fact that they are temporary, also led to the decision. If they were more permanent ranks, they would have gone the route of mystic/blessed/merchant where they cost less, and those above the legend ranks could pay $5 to just keep the title colors (this causes us to make about 6 groups of permissions in total).

It was a lot less confusing in the backend. But in the future, staff will make sure to introduce less costly donation ranks.