Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nywyn

GoldenProphet

Lord of Altera

nywyndark2.png
Art by me
nywyn name.png
Other Names: N/A
Titles: N/A

Age| 23
Race| Moor Elf
Gender| Male
Sexuality| Heterosexual
Current Residence| Storm's Landing/Candlewood
Relationship Status| Single
Social Status| Unknown

maze3.png

Physical Appearance

Height|
5’8”
Eye Color| Amber brown
Skin Color| Slate grey with a touch of warmth
Hair Color| Black
Shape of Face|
Oval
Distinguishing Features| Hungry, slanted eyes
Build of Body| Very lean
Hair Style| Curly, messy, and haphazardly swept to one side
Complexion| Anemic
Posture| Tense and huddled
Is Seen By Others As| Nosy, unkempt, and strange
Scars| None visible
Voice| Careful, with a slight rasp

maze3.png
nywyn3.jpg
Art by me

Personality & Health
Likes| Reading, adventure, deep discussion, strong tea
Dislikes| Religion, lies, hot weather, greed
Strengths| Drawing, sneaking, attention to detail, physical endurance
Weaknesses| Physical strength, combat, keeping his curiosity in check, crowds

Fears| Jishrim, chaos, spiders, futility, being alone, a world without answers
Values| Knowledge, empathy, charity, personal freedom, honesty, justice
Education| No formal education. Taught to read by his mother,
learned some from the Soolera, and self-taught from a small library.

Has read books on many subjects thanks to new resources at his disposal.
Languages| Common, Mok'yra
General Attitude| Grim and distracted, but lights up at coming across interesting information, places, or people
Religious Inclination| Unsure
General Intelligence| Above average, but untested
General Sociability| Introvert, but interested in people
Alignment| Tentatively Neutral Good

Sleeping Habits| Chronic insomnia
Energy Levels| Bursts of high energy
Eating Habits| Plain food and tea; whatever he can afford
Exercise Habits| None specifically, though he walks often
Memory| Unpredictable. He makes notes often.

Unhealthy Habits| Eavesdropping, staying up very late
Drinking Habits| Hasn't had occasion to drink much

maze3.png

Goals

|Short Term|

-Meet knowledgeable people [x]
-Find somewhere to buy books [x]
-Find a way to live, through work or otherwise [~]
-Find a teacher [x]
-Learn enough to be a viable student [x]
-
Find something to report on [ ]

-Discuss magic with a practitioner of each kind [ ]

|Long Term Goals|
-
Be of tangible use to Candlewood [ ]
-Find a way to directly interact with figment creation [ ]
-Visit another plane of reality [ ]
-Discern the nature of truth [ ]
-Help Altera through new information or a new interpretation of information [ ]

maze3.png

Possessions:

|Wardrobe|
Earth-toned clothing fit for work and travel, including a
sleeveless leather coat, a yellowish tunic with the sleeves
rolled up, ankle-banded canvas pants, and leather boots.
A leather cloak made by Cieren.

|Weaponry|
A rusted axe and a dagger he carved out of limestone
|Pets/Animals|
None
|Owned Homes|
-None
-Rents a small house in Storm's with Cieren
-
Stays in a room in Candlewood
|Carried Inventory|
A leather satchel
A book or two
Crude pendant of Visage
Blooded Silver Feather
A multitude of scrap papers
Pieces of charcoal

|General Inventory|
Various herbs
A quill from Cieren
Many books
A bottle of Blood Wine

|General Wealth|
Quite poor

maze3.png

Background:

Nywyn was raised in a small servant clan under the control of cruel noble clans near Garrosh'lek. The harsh and unforgiving nature of their existence fostered a reliance on religion. Nywyn was taught to worship the Grey Lady, for all that could be asked was peace in the next life. At the age of fourteen, he was spirited away from the clan by his mother. She had become radicalized by a cult of Jishrim, and sought to both keep him from a life of servitude and disconnect him from society altogether. He lived with her and a handful of Jishrimites in a secluded commune until he was seventeen. His mother's mental state had deteriorated rapidly, and his reluctance to live there had turned to fear. He fled without incident, though he wouldn't have made the journey to the nearest town without the aid of a passing Sooleran caravan. The caravanners took pity on his position, and he found ways to make himself useful enough to keep around. There he learned more about the diverse nature of Altera and its people. The Soolerans taught him that all mortal kind sought something, and he himself began to develop a hunger for knowledge. It wasn't enough to simply know more, however. He needed to understand the world around him. The caravan's resources were scarce, and he never quite felt at home in such a commerce-driven, Jax-worshipping culture, so at the age of nineteen he set out on his own. He briefly considered returning to his clan. They were his family after all, and perhaps he owed something to them. He decided against the idea, though, feeling that such a life had nothing for him now. He had quickly grown used to the excitement of travel, but knew that he didn't have the funds to continue alone. Wanting to see more of the Alteran wilderness, he opted to join a surveying crew for a mining company in a minor position in the hopes that he could save some money. The company was located in a town nearby many promising locations, and though the quick acquisition of a job bode well, he was unprepared for the town's reception to a Moor resident. Being an introvert, he kept to himself and ignored the negative attitudes as best as he could. Each surveying trip was longer than the last, but it failed to scratch his adventurous itch. Eventually, driven by a restless energy and need for more funds, he began to take odd jobs from the town's notice board in the long stretches between survey trips. Remembering the Soolerans, he focused on those jobs that needed things found, be it lost items, business opportunities, people, or information. He found that not only did he enjoy these small mysteries in a town devoid of greater ones, but that the completion of these tasks had shifted public opinion of him to the positive. One opinion was that of the local bookseller who ran a shop that Nywyn visited frequently. Nywyn latched onto the bookseller's positive attention, having been starved of someone to discuss the writings within with. He and the bookseller became fast friends and pondered the mysteries around them, though Nywyn oftentimes found himself alone in the growing agony of the unknown. At the bookseller's coaxing, he left the surveying crew and worked as an assistant at the bookstore. Though it paid less, the steadiness of the work allowed him more time to study and help around the town. He reflected on his life, those he had met, and the stories he had read. It was then that he began writing down the questions that plagued him. In a scrawled hand on scraps of paper, his collection of inquiries grew. It wasn't long before the meager resources of the bookstore left him wanting, and the adventurous spirit within him demanded appeasement. Four years after his arrival in the town, he embarked to see the whole of Altera to answer the burning questions of history, psychology, religion, and metaphysics. Who came before, and what can they teach us? What drives the mortal heart, and what is the nature of evil? What are the gods, and are they deserving of worship? What secrets lie at the heart of Altera? Well aware that he was not the first to seek these answers, he began his journey with a willingness to follow in the footsteps of others, but a resolve to clear a path through any obstacle in the way of understanding.

maze3.png

Places Traveled:

-Storm's Landing
-The Compendium
-Verdant Valley
-Candlewood
-Mockingbay

maze3.png

Training & Skills

Combat| None
Tracking| Some

maze3.png

Other Trivia:

Occupation|
Favorite Types of Food|
Favorite Types of Drink|
Hobbies/Pastimes|
Journaling, walking, reading
Favorite Colors| Teal

maze3.png

Last edited:

GoldenProphet

Lord of Altera

Relations

maze3.png

Keep Close

Cieren Sonnenschutz
"You've been a breath of fresh air. I feel that we have much in common, and I'm eager to
share knowledge with you!"
"I'm grateful to have someone like you to study and travel with, but your new path concerns me.
I shouldn't care as much as I do, but I've seen what faith can do to a person. I'm going to stick by
you, if only to make sure that your new Theodran friends have your best interest at heart."

"I think I understand your path now, and I appreciate that we're striving for truth in different ways. I
wish that there were more people like you. You're the first true friend I've had in a long time, and I

will continue to protect that."

maze3.png

Seemingly Reliable

Lysander
"You're a very interesting person with a perspective that I've consistently appreciated. I can't
help but wonder about your ultimate goals, but your energies seem focused on doing good.
I'm not sure what I did to deserve the amount of consideration you've given my ideas. You've

given an unexpected sense of competition to our interactions that I am curious to see play out."

Oleg
"I'm so thankful for that chance meeting at the docks! You seem very knowledgeable, and
I'm eager to learn from you. I'm not sure if I can live up to your expectations, but I
appreciate your encouragement. You won't regret inviting me to Candlewood."

maze3.png

Need More Information

Somnastra
"Not sure how you fit into this Theodran business. Seems like you have ulterior motives. I don't
like it."
"Cieren vouches for you, and you have been helpful... but I'm unsure. Still can't figure out your

motives, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Perhaps we just need to spend more time together."

Marian Olliran
"The Theodran ringleader. Your elvish whispering puts me on edge. Cieren trusts you far too much.
Going to keep an eye on you."

maze3.png

Avoid

maze3.png

I've been writing a journal for Nywyn that I'm considering posting where more relation information would be found. As for now, I may just keep this to the most "important" people in Nywyn's life. That being said, I still need to add some people. May figure out a better layout and whatnot as well.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I really would like to RP with you again sometime-- it was an absolute treat OOCly going through the Candlewood library to check for new books only to not only see Nywyn's theory he crafted from Lana's book, but then Jase's peer review of it. It was an amazing few minutes of my life that made Candlewood feel so much more alive.