Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ob's lil' app. [ Approved - Joe ]

ObTheLonely

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
ObTheLonely

2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
North America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes :)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and power gaming?
Metagaming - To take information from OOC into IC
Powergaming - To emote and the other player cannot resist the action (or emote)
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
nOoO
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is ---- but please can call me Ob, short for Oblivion but nobody calls me that anymore. As stated earlier I am fourteen. I work at a small gas station with my mom. I take acting classes out of school. I'm interested in LOL (League of Legends), WOW (World of Warcraft), writing and digital art (art on paper too, I'm an addicted doodler.) When writing, with my friend, we make short comics and use those as on-paper ideas for stories. I'm not at all good at drawing but I try.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nope.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it by searching on google

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Characters begin with basic skills and gear
. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.

Characters fit the lore
. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.

• Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400-word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you copy and paste the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Malek Puit (mal-eck poo-it ,heheheh)
Character Age:
19 (he's a young boy in my eyes)

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Malek stands at 5'9ft (Short for a male) and weighs 142lb. He has pale skin with a full body of freckles. His hair is auburn and fluffy. It's swept over to the left, fluffy, and curly at the end (It's hard to explain..). Facial hair is basically impossible for him, he has a baby face. He's slender with his eyes holding the colour green.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
No, but I'm sure I'll start randomly doodling him.

Written Test!
--Sorry if this is poor, I wrote this around 11 PM on Sunday in a rush. :heart:

Malek didn't live with a rich family or a copper coin poor farmer orientated family. Mom and dad (his of course) had an Inn outside of the city of which Malek worked in. His skills were honestly terrible so he was a janitor. He grew with a younger sister and brother, twins. Both were little devils. His dad had passed away peacefully, he was way older than their mother, and their mother is still fine. The two siblings of his cause a lot of trouble around the small house which leads him and his mother having to discipline them most of the time. After a few years, him now turning sixteen and the twins turning nine, he started pitying them and stops. His mother now turning over fifty she was getting frail and weak. With the Inn having a worker under the age of eighteen, very bad skills, only just a janitor and two children harassing customers he had to sell it. He sold it to a golden bill rich family which called his family commoners. One of the people that mainly annoyed him with no reason, in particular, was their daughter. He found an interest in the girl and never really talked to her. She was very quiet and never called his family commoners. Though, her brothers had. His mother had a great interest in the girl, being one of those sappy moms, she encouraged him to talk to her. He did! He failed. Growing up with the anxiety he stuttered over his words and flailed her hands around when trying to explain. "I want to talk to you more." he mainly repeated, they were a simple cliché. After his offer was a turndown, he started to teach his siblings manners and had gotten a job to be another janitor in a small bakery. After a year, twins now ten and him seventeen, he walked in the Inn looking for the gal. He had not learned her name. However, he remembered the aspects of her look. Green eyes, dirty blonde hair, and freckles mainly spotted on her cheeks. With a quick glance around he found the girl handing a dad, and what seemed to be, a child a key to a room upstairs. He stared at the girl for a quick moment until she looked right back. Walking up to the counter, he started slurring on his words due to his anxiety again. This time the gal understood his issues, gave him her name, which was Morona and they got to talking after that awkward encounter. With him leaving his mom with the twins often to see Morona, the two grew close and her parents had a great disliking for him. His mom decided to tell Malek to stay home and watch the twins and go out to buy a few necessities. When she came home she came with a man. The man had a long beard, standing at 6'1ft. He looked menacing and it turns out it was Morona's father. He asked for him and Malek to talk in private so they walked to the restroom. The man kept his voice low and leaned into Malek's ear, "Don't ever talk to my daughter again." He fixed his posture, grabbed Malek's wrist, and walked into the kitchen. Malek's mom didn't suspect much and gave the man a cookie that Malek made for Morona in the morning, as they were planning to take a walk. The story ends there, and the rest is decided for the small "journey" Malek goes on when he moves out.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
You'll do well here, have a good time!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited by a moderator:

ObTheLonely

Villager
I know this is a bit stupid to ask but when getting onto the server I cannot run any commands. If anything I can only do /spawn. How do I fix this?

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I know this is a bit stupid to ask but when getting onto the server I cannot run any commands. If anything I can only do /spawn. How do I fix this?
That seems a bit out of my range but I'll try. Have you finished the beginning quest?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
If you're still having trouble, let us know! You should be able to /warp whitelist
If you can't, we can reset your perms.