Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished #occupySL

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The strike hasn't helped much. Disappearances are still ongoing. The amount of fighting in Storm's Landing has increased. Another protest is held.

Arthur Blackby arrives.

"Stand tagether brothers and sisters! Lay not your hand on each other, but clasp them together with your fellows and stand against the weak justice-keepers of this hard-fought town! We, the people, have cobbled these roads. We, the people, have laid the bricks of what would become a new beginning. They, the bureaucrats, have let our town slip into disarray! They, who are supposed to stand watch have let the doors of hell itself open upon our beloved town, our Landing! I say no more! The strikes did not work, I say we call for our very own martial law. Away with the bureaucrats and wimps who are to uphold the laws. The laws were made by people, and the law must never scorn the right for a man to be free! FREEDOM AND SAFETY!"

Day: 6th (tomorra)
Time: 3pm EST / 20.00h gmt

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
#occupyStorm'sLanding #Freedomandsafety #martiallaw # vivelarevolution

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
I won't be able to make it ;-;

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Occupy SL!!
Ballard will aid Blackby!!

The only thing we have left to lose are our chains

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
the time has come, waiting for folks to arrive, starting any minute now

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
After much shouting and calling names, an agreement was made that the guards will talk to the baron and Arthur is to hang up a notice with demands for Flavius to pick up.

Speech:
The disappearances have doubled since we last met here on this square, good people. I urged you to stay home and keep yourselves and your families safe, but this was not enough. Our kin has been savagely taken from us for no other reason than our living in this fallen town. No wonder there's been more fights and crime than ever in our once so precious port; it is the repercussion of the disgruntled people! A people that sacrificed life and limb to settle this town that has since fallen into decay by hands of the masters under which we serve! By hands of those who are supposed to protect us! Keep us safe so we can be free to walk these hard-earned cobbled streets!

I have come forth, for I am of the people. My tears are the tears of the missing family members. My sweat is the sweat of the cobblers, masons, carpenters, boatsmen. My sorrow is the sorrow of the addicts. My wounds are of the shackles of our masters.

I have here, in these hands given to me by our Goddess, a notice written by the Landing's very own baron. He has been ever so silent, not daring to speak a word against those who have been abducting our loved ones. Yet, baron and his friends up in court do not shy away from threatening us with the worst of measures when we talk to take matters in our own hands! His silence and his words show us both but one thing; he fears losing his high-and-dry position more than he fears losing his own townspeople! His threats are hollow! Can he prosecute us, hard laboring men and women, but not the criminals that plague our streets? CAN HE?! NO HE CANNOT! He says, and I quote: "I urge the people of this city to send reports of law breaks to the guard, and matters will continue and be settled from there." Have we not done just that for months now? And has it brought us anywhere? NO! IT HAS NOT! Our fate in the rulers of this sunken town has long been spoiled by their own hand! tears the document into two halves and throws them in the wind

Beware of the thing that is coming, beware of the risen people! Who shall take what ye would not give! These sorrows are our sorrows as these streets are our streets.

I declare martial law as of this instance! The guard-force has proven inadequate and must realize whose side their on; their masters and inactive bureaucrats or their fellow townsfolk! Today we take back the streets that have swallowed up our kin. We beat the criminals from this town with baton and fist! The notice of the Baron warns us that we shall be shackled and punished most severely, but this is not his place. It is his place to supply us with freedom and safety! TODAY WE TAKE MATTERS INTO OUR OWN HANDS! We wait no longer for action, we shall take action! Today, the baron resigns and delivers us the streets of Storm's Landing so we may sweep them clean! TODAY, WE DELIVER OURSELVES FREEDOM! AND SAFETY!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Man, I love angry riots. If the talks don't go well, can we have a real riot with pitchforks n' stuff for us guards to fight? We'd need temps on either end, assuming it happens.