Staff member
Tideborne
Tideborne
newsletter.png
1528167273616.png
Sunderday, 1st of Ghostmoon, 2307
Server News

✾Server Policy Updates, Announcements, & Changes
  • PSA: Don't Panic -- This announcement is intended to illuminate a few ongoing administration affairs that have not been public, but which have been bleeding into the public perception. [x]

• Server King's Law has been updated. [x]
  • New Player's Guide has been spruced up. [x]
  • Players can now automatically rent houses and other buildings in the new Landing System. [x]
  • The Spawn team is promoting events hosted in SL. Here is a thoughtful guide on a variety of ways players can pitch or players can look forward to changes. [x]
  • Upcoming Magic Rework -- We don't have an exact release date — and won't. But, the system is finished enough that we feel comfortable announcing that it will soon be available in a Hollowworld near you. Expect it by the end of the year, at the absolute latest. [x]
  • [Vyre Lore] The Gravewalker -- Gravewalker Vyres, through a complex and taxing process, can be cured from the blooded influence of Undeath. As the Mantle of Life has been stolen, The Grey Lady imparts a path that is more forgiving than the cure of death. [x]
✾On-Going Server Facets
  • Great Suggestion Thread -- Staff requests the community help us out in showing us what you think needs working on or needs updating. [x]
  • 1.15 Update --
    • Character information can now be displayed by hovering over a nickname in chat. Use '/card' to get started!
    • Languages spoken in RP can now be hidden based on your character's level of experience in it. Use '/card language' to get started on adding/removing languages from your character card!
    • Material lists for creative builds are now created and tracked by a plugin. Details {here}
  • Plugins & Game Commands -- Updated our plugins to 1.15! Now including a shop plugin that actually works! [x]
  • Region Highlight -- Every month from now on we will be trying to highlight a particular region, if you would like to have your region considered please submit! [x]
  • Support Tickets -- Support Tickets are still available for utilization of all members of the community for increased ease in contacting staff and logged/recorded tickets so less is forgotten. [x]
  • Contributor Perks -- When contributing to the continued operation of the Hollowworld server a number of titles and other possible perks cane be gained. [x]
  • The Lost Frontier -- Do not forget about the availability of the Lost Frontier and your ability to freely claim four plots to build in. [x]
  • Instructions on How to RE-Apply -- Welcome back to HollowWorld. You're now un-whitelisted and want to return? We'd like to make this process a lot easier for you. Please follow the guidelines and post the following form as your re-application. [x]
  • [Looking for Events] -- Event Request Thread - This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. [x]

Events

✾Campaign Events

There is currently no active server Campaign, but do look out for events hosted by the Events team when they pop up and check out the following links.
  • [Looking for Events] - Event Request Thread - This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. [x]
  • A Note on Spontaneity and Player Initiative. [x]
✾Player Events-- Currently scheduled player events include the following.

• Rally of the Vetrium - October 2nd 5:00 p.m. EST - The Order of the Astrum Vetrium is to take newly sworn members, witnessed by their peers as they pledge service.On the swearing in of these avowed, Captain Drew Swift will also assess any who wish to join the ranks. [x]
  • Seeking White Lies - October 2nd 4:00 p.m. EST - A communication sought, confirmation needed. [x]
  • To Barter - October 2nd 2:00 p.m. EST - What is it worth, to you? [x]
  • [Active Sermons] Jishrim October 2nd 1:00 p.m. EST - In the dark, where only the devoted stir to find him. Words are spread and small posters are hung where no common plebeian would find them. [x]
  • Make sure to check the calendar or front page of the forums for any new events. [x]
1528167273616.png
Recipe of the Month

✾ Jack O' Lantern --
  • Pumpkins with torches left and right middle row. -- It's that time of the year again, time to get your hands on your very own festive gourd!
e7b9a08a07b54eb6cc2325678f431ca7.png

Credit to Elz for recipes and pictures. [x]

Riddle of the Month

If you think you know the answer to this months riddle PM Tideborne, the first five people who get it right will be featured in the following issue of the Newsletter along with the answer, and receive a 1000 radiant cash prize.

✾Last Month's Riddle --

Last months riddle was: The cities lack people, my forests barren of trees, and my rivers are dry. What am I?
  • The answer to this riddle was: A Map
The four people to get it right was --
  1. Mongoose
  2. BoredBrit
  3. Galaxy
  4. Olligreen
✾This Month's Riddle --

This months riddle is:

Those who make me would rather not keep me
Those who purchase me do not require me
And those who use me do not care, what am I?

✾Next Month's Riddle? --

If you have a riddle that you would like to have featured on the newsletter, feel free to PM Tideborne. If it's used in one of the Newsletters to come you will receive 5000 radiants in game. Extra points if it's lore related!

Contest

✾Spooky Writing Contest --

For the month of October we will be holding a spooky writing contest.

For those who wish to participate, all that is requires is a short piece of writing which is related in some way to Hollowworld. This could be a poem, short story, piece of folklore or even a Grimm-like fairy tale involving one of the many creatures unique to Altera.

These entries will be posted as comments to this thread and voting will be held in the form or reactions. The post with the most reactions by the end of the month will win
15,000 radiants and each participant will get 5,000 radiants. Only one participation award per player.

Normal rules for themes and content of posts still apply.

border_gold.png
hwglobe.png

Last edited:

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Staff member
Tideborne
Tideborne
Bumping this for those who have not seen it yet and a reminder of the contest at the end of the Newsletter.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Staff member
Tideborne
Tideborne
1528167273616.png
Contest Update

Due to lack of participation, the grand prize for the writing contest has been raised to 15,000 radiants and each participant will get 5,000 radiants.
Only one participation award per player.​

Kamaoe

The Green One
Staff member
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
My submission to encourage folks to sign up:

Wandering within the corpse of the god, I was struck by the size. Hearing a noise, I wondered if gods can get parasites as well.

kaiser_harding

Sorrows Warrior
Disclaimer: I'm not a Writer, or even an English Major, So dont Judge me too hard. I think this is the first time I have EVER written something Like this.

“It's in the Trees”....”No It is the Trees”
An Alteran Horror Story

The dirt road was empty as the sun shined overhead. It was a long road though, as Rean and Rebecca Walked down it, going on a Hunting trip they told their parents, but really they just wanted to go on a weekend date. They had heard tales of the local lords hunting in the woods, and they wanted to spend their weekend there as the Lord was away at war. As they got closer, trees would appear, the forest, they finally arrived. Rean Helped Rebecca unpack into the cabin, it was as they expected, empty and yet homely. As they sat by the fire and cuddled for its warmth Rean spoke to Rebecca
“So, we're just gonna sit here? Or…….?”
He would ask her, rubbing her arms
“No, Rean. I told you we need to be married first”
“Fine, but i'm getting bored, let's go take a walk, The Star are beautiful through the trees”
Reen Knew just the spot, This wasn't his first time taking a girl out to this Cabin.

So they walked through the forest. It was dark and Hard to see, the sounds of nature filled the area, but Rean knew where he was going. Then suddenly a twig snapped up ahead.

“What was that” Rebecca said.
“Its nothing, just a twig falling on the ground”
But Rean could tell something was off, the sound of the nature around them had fallen quite after the snap. But they kept walking ahead.

“Your a scared cat aren't you” Rean said as they trotted along
“No! I'm just worried, what if the Lord returns”
“He won't, He is off fighting a war. You worry too much”
Rebecca stood closer to him, holding on to his arm as they walked
Then Rean stopped and turned to her, sliding his arms down and out to grab hers.
“You are very beautiful you know, I don't know, something about the moonlight on your hair”
But as he spoke, Something moved behind Rean, and Rebecca saw it. Two Glimmers from the tree and the moonlight. Then suddenly something swang at Rean, large and fast as it sent him flying to the side. She Screamed, then ran to him.
“Wh….What was that”
He groaned in pain and struggled to speak, "I don't know, I…. I think it's in the Trees”
Just then more glimmers emerged like the ones before
“No, It is the Trees”
And just as fast as she said that, more large branches battered them to the sides.
As blood began to drip down Rean’s head he looked up to lock eyes with Rebecca before a large Branch smashed Rebecca's head in.
His last words were “Arbori '' Before his was as well.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Dearest brother,

I thoroughly enjoyed the plays performed in the streets of Astrakhan. It was- as you promised me- the best way to finish my time here in this little city. In particular, the actor who portrayed the Dread-King Athanasius in "The Tragedy of Melius" projected such power and furious passion that when I passed him in the street, after the play, I bowed, and almost tripped. When I realized my mistake, we both chuckled and, grinning with his brows raised, the actor bid me farewell. Perhaps it was the light or perhaps I had imbibed too much, but brother, I don't believe he ever removed his mask..

Last edited:

Retro Hagrid

Sorrows Warrior
Patron
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
My.. I'd forgotten this even was a thing. Here's my submission:

The people of Altera descended into mass hysteria, chaos and genocide in a desperate attempt for survival after it was foretold that Jishrims forces were going to slaughter them all.

It's been 3 years of this senseless bloodshed now. I wonder if that was intended..?

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Staff member
Tideborne
Tideborne
1565300668765.png
To clarify, unless it is specifically a poem I'm going to have to ask for at least a paragraph or 400 words to get the participation money.​

Last edited: