Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Official HW Album - update, art, and more!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

UPDATE!! :D

We're getting closer to the finished product!
My aim is to be done with the instruments before 2020 and have the finished products near February.
I've gotten permission from everyone who I needed permission from when using the names of their characters or towns and recording has started. So here's an update thread to keep you all in the loop. After all, these songs are not about me, but about all of us, our experiences in the world of Altera, which we create ourselves!

Album Name:
Now, this album needs a name. Perhaps you can help me with that?
Bards in the tavern? Or... Tavern Songs? Hmmm, do you have a better idea for a title?
The best idea will be rewarded a free digital copy of the entire CD!
I like memes, but I am also genuinely looking for a name for this thing.

The Voted Songs:
These are the 9 songs that made it from the poll into the recording studio with some explanation as to what we're doing with them right now. You can listen to them again with this link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkWSMLeI00exFimJIPeCY1rVz2P_ogPtA

Linlea - A song from the perspective of a refugee within Linlea during the Blight epidemic. "Linlea" is shouted as if yelled toward the sea. I will sing the choruses, a friend will sing the verses.
Halbed - A song from the perspective of a Sangrian who holds Halbed dear to his heart. "Halbed" will feature percussion and a whole group of singers that sing along with the last bits, as if they're in a pub.
You've got to run - A song by an Earthspawn who, against all odds, manages to keep his race alive. It starts off with me singing alone, when the main character finds his love, a girl will sing the lyrics of that chorus, ending with both of them singing together.

Nwalme's Tragedy - The song of Nwalme's tragic love-life. At "Love has never been kind", girls will sing second and third vocals on "Love"
Maceo's Lament - The song sung by those who held Maceo dear and the Gods answering their prayers. I'll sing from the people's perspective, each respective God or Goddess will be sung by a friend, according to the gender of the Gods. This one'll take a lot of effort to make but will be quite epic, I'm sure! (As it should be)
The Tale of Scourge - The song that describes what happened to the Lucans of Scourge. Sung as though in a pub, people will cheer and react to the lyrics, as well as sing and clap along with the "Hey-hey-hey" parts.
Alta Eta Ghul - The song in Dwarven to show you what Horgaahn is like. We've slowed this song down by a bit to give it that extra dark and deep feeling. There'll be several Dwarves joining in, one by one, just like with "Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold" and deep dark drums will be added to the mix.
The Mountain and I - The song of Thordil's devotion to Korog. This one will have deep voices in the background, with a normal pitched voice on the foreground, setting Thordil apart from his thoughts and the other Dwarves that sing along.
God of Luck - The tale of a man who's down on his luck and Jax giving him some divine luck of his own. This song will be sung as a Gospel, with a full group of vocalists in the background clapping along with the verses. I've also added a bridge to it and mixed some of the lyrics around to make it all fit well.

Art Competition:
The album is going to need a cover. That cover requires creation; it requires art.
For this album, I'd like to start an art competition. Would you like your art on the cover of the CD and displayed on Spotify when someone plays the track? Create your art with the size of 12x12cm and your art may become the visual representation of the music within! Contact me for further specifics if you're seriously considering this.
The only guidelines set are: Thematic to Altera, may or may not include minecraft elements, should have a reference to any one or more of the songs on the album.
I'm afraid I do not have funds to pay you in actual $, that's why it's a competition and not a commission, but I can award the winner a free digital copy of the entire album with credits on the cover going explicitly to you along with any link you may have to your work, and... Yes, (insert <died from exposure> meme).

Final Words:
That's all for now. I'll be back in the studio next Sunday to record with the vocalists I've gathered.
After that the percussion will be played by someone who's got an insane feeling for rhythm, there will be a violinist who'll play along on some of the songs too and there's gonna be some sweet slapping bass here and there as well!
Will give a new update once there's anything noteworthy to update on!

Tagging Creative Owners: Solus blargtheawesome BoredBrit Jazzper Blorbis83 Balatro Cymic_