Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Old World] Tambry-Upon-Tam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Tambry, a beautiful city nestled steps away from the Crossroads along the banks of the River Tam. Tambry is overseen by House Stirling.

X= 10,412 Z= 6957​

RP Classification
Above Ground+Basements: {Moderate}
Under Ground {Violent}

Buying Property and Joining

House Stirling and Tambry does not recruit newer or older players. If you wish to own property in Tambry or you want to join House Stirling, you must seek us out. Occasionally we will advertise open positions and jobs, but those postings are public and available to all. Any who wish to become a part of Tambry or House Stirling are welcome.

You do not have to pay for your property all at once. We price every property to be affordable, but if you still can't, we will work with you. Please contact Antilogy before you decide it's too expensive.

All market stalls are completely free!

Don't see what you want? Check Adamanti Properties! Brian has 11 more properties in Tambry for sale! http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ic-and-ooc-adamanti-properties.34895/#post-584042

IGN:
Server Application:
Character Sheet:
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC)
Do you own/lease property in Tambry?:
Do you wish to own/lease property in Tambry?:
If so, which one?:
What purpose?: (OOC Shop, IC-Shop, OOC/IC Shop, IC House, Other)
We sell a number of different types of property, including:
OOC Shops
IC-Shops
OOC/IC Shops
IC Houses
Below is a map of every building for sale. Put the # you want in your application.

1. A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k
2 .A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k
3. A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k
4. A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k
5. A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k
6. A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k
7. A spacious 4 floor build with an unfinished interior. 10k Sold
8. An amazing build for a chest shop with road entrances on 3 levels. Room for basement. 15k
9. Fantastic property right off the corner of the square. 12k (not yet available)
Sold
10. A small glass shop. Could be turned in to whatever you want. 2.5 floors. 5k Sold
11. Massive build to suit lot. Likely will be used for the new Alteran Postal Service Build, but could be convinced to sell for right price. It will be right next to the docks and future dockmaster.
12. Build to suit lot on canal. Great view of both palaces. Ask Antilogy for price
13. Embassy lot. Free to owners of other houses or regions. You build.
14. Embassy lot. Free to owners of other houses or regions. You build.
15. Embassy lot. Free to owners of other houses or regions. You build.
16. Build to Suit. Behind the theater. Contact Antilogy for price.
17. Triangle lot. Build to Suit. Contact Antilogy for price.
18. Triangle lot. Build to Suit. Contact Antilogy for price.
19. Lot(s) between poor district and the library. Ask Antilogy for price.
20. South Tambry slums.
21. Poor district. Every build under 1k. Too complicated to list, so just find one you want!

Affiliations and Goals
Tambry is ruled by House Stirling. By default, the town welcomes any and all people of any race, House, affiliation, religion, age, et cetera. The primary goal of Tambry is to maintain an economic center in the Northern Kingdoms by encouraging OOC and RP trade between governments/Houses and amongst all peoples. It is also devoted to the Arts, featuring two museums and a theater.

Religion
Tambry has no official religion. Residents are free to worship whomever. House Stirling tends to favor Jax but also has no official religion.

Building Style
We have a unique building style that is consistent throughout the city. Here's a sample:

Contributors
@Antilogy
@oounstopabl3oo
@Silversurfer105
@Balatro
@BrianAT16
@VanquishedVyre
@solus
@Sizzix3507
@SpartanDory
Anonymous Benefactors
All Property Owners

Builders
@Antilogy
@Archbishop
@Hai_Paladin
@Balatro
@BrianAT16
@SpartanDory
@CyberChaosV2
@SallyPirate
OpticSwag

Updated October 16

Last edited by a moderator:

More Information
Help! I want to live/work/own a shop here but I cannot afford it!

The Tambry operators recognize that it can be hard to afford things in the Northern Kingdom. We don't want cost to be an inhibitor to making money or roleplaying here. Your first option is living in the Broken Drum (the tavern). Otherwise, please speak to Antilogy about your financial dilemma.

Please keep in mind that you can get up to 1,200r a day simply by voting. For more information on how to make money on HollowWorld, refer to this thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/hollowworld-economy-information.31093/

I want to contribute resources/radiants!
Tambry is expensive. The average cost of constructing a building in Tambry is nearly 7,500 radiants plus materials. We are always looking for money for plots or resources, and will accept a donation of materials. We are desperately in need of oak logs. It might be a smart idea to open an oak log shop in town somewhere. Odds are, we'll buy them ;)

I want to help build!
Great! Can you emulate our style? Do you want to build interiors/basements, undercity? That would be excellent. Send us examples of your builds and info about you and we will talk to you in game!

I want to keep a closer eye on your work!
Head on over to this thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/wip-tambry-a-trade-city.31208/#post-509847

I want to hold an event here!
Fantastic! We love events. We ask that you contact and the town operators before you hold your event. Any town owned building is available for use for free. We also ask that you contact us before summoning anything.

I want to RP as a Tambry Official.
Great! We are looking for council members or members of our noble families. For example, we'd like more Cerendors. Contact us here if you want to be a part of Tambry!

I want to live or build in the sewers!
Sweet. The sewers are basically a free for all zone. We do ask that you not interfere with other people's work and that you pay a modest fee to get permissions to build down there. Otherwise, have at it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you tax sales or subleases?
Thank you for bringing this up.

As of now, no. That might possibly change in the future, based only on the idea that the operation is not properly funded. I'm aware that we will get an influx of cash at the beginning, followed by less and less income as time goes on if we do not tax. I'm hoping that we will not have a need for tons of cash in the months to follow. Should this model not work, we may do so.

We really don't want to charge taxes, as the goal of the town is to encourage commerce and commerce related RP. I can't see how taxation would encourage that. Instead, we're hoping to rely on that beginning influx followed by voluntary contributions. Of course, the town will continue to be funded by the operators.

Edit: In addition, Tambry operators may construct town owned shops as stand ins until they are purchased and player operated. We will use funds from those transactions to continue funding the town.

Second edit: We might also do something with a Tambry Merchant Guild that might have some sort of membership fee. Dunno yet.

Thanks for the excellent question!

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Approximately how many chest shops could you fit in the typical shop? Are shops outfitted by default to accommodate an NPC shopkeeper?

What would the buyout/lease price for an average shop be?

Approximately how many chest shops could you fit in the typical shop? Are shops outfitted by default to accommodate an NPC shopkeeper?
Another excellent question! Our builds range from a market stall all the way up to a 4 floor (including basement) building. While there is no hard and fast rule as to how many chest shops you may put in your building, we ask that you are tasteful in your construction. We don't want a town full of walmarts. We also ask that you follow the zone of your building. Most full sized buildings are zoned as commercial and residential. If that's the case, we ask that you use at least an entire storey for the residential section of the building.

Our town is capable of housing NPC shopkeepers. In fact, it's encouraged in both RP and OOC shops.

As for the "outfitted' question, most of our builds are either shells or just have floor/ceilings and exterior walls. Interior customization is almost entirely up to the owner. We ask that the build passes the "eye" test (it looks good and matches our basic template). Otherwise, the space is yours to fill as you please, so long as it is used according to the zoning classification.

In response to the previous question and answer, I'd also like to point out that we can build to suit. That means if you cannot find a build the size you want, we can build it for you.

Also, we can make variances or exceptions to our zoning rules to allow you to use your building for other purposes. For example; say you want to create an orphanage. That's not technically a "shop," nor is it your residence. If you want to do this with your building, please tell us beforehand. We won't stop you, we just want to know. We want certain locations to have shops.

In addition, say you want to buy a building and create multiple businesses. So in the basement you'd put an orphanage, the first floor you'd put a cat pet store, and the second floor you'd put a cat orphanage. This is perfectly ok, so long as you don't encroach on your neighbors and your build passes the eye test. All you need to do is ask the town operators for permission before you subdivide your property.

You can even sell or lease the subdivides. So, say you get tired of running the orphanage. You can sell/lease that part of your building while maintaining your kitty shop and kitty orphanage. Once again, all you have to do is talk to the town operators. We will help you create the proper documents.

The Capitol building will including a recording office, which will do its best to record and track property titles. All of that information will be public as well.

What is Tambry's stance on the Blackmarket?
Nah, he hit another home run with this question. Tambry recognizes that a Black Market does exist. This is for items that are stolen property (or.. gasp... property that should not exist). That is why we created the sewers and undercity. All stolen goods et cetera can and will be sold in the sewers and the undercity. Be cautious, though. The sewers and undercity is tagged violent. You take a risk venturing to the depths of Tambry in search of a better deal or a stolen item, and you may get attacked for it.

This allows bandits and hooligans to have their place and creates a realistic area for black-market-trading. Should we create constables, they will be able to roam into the undercity and sewers to try to eradicate the groups said to operate down there... but not without risk.

We don't want to see black market trading topside because it removes the threat.

Edit: We also are looking into adding a more slummy area of the town, possibly across the river. That area might earn itself a violent tag as well. We'll see how well we are funded and how much time we have to build.

The Tambry builders basically haven't RP'd in a month, we've been so busy building.

Second Edit: The undercity and sewers don't have the zoning rules like the topside does. Black marketers can "commandeer" locations and use them for whatever they want, as long as they partition RP and OOC shops and respect the "eye" test rule.

I will actually likely create a whole new section (or maybe a thread, gasp) on the tambry undercity/sewers. Our intention is for it to be an absolute maze down there. Also, right now it's well lit because we're still building down there. It will actually be rather dark.

We are also planning a network of crypts that will connect to said undercity/sewer system. We're going for a Paris undercity feel.

Oh, one more thing... Tambry-Upon-Tam is inspired by English/Western European culture. Their colors are cyan and gray(perhaps light gray). It's meant to be modeled after an English trading town. Obviously as the town grows it will get its own culture and sub-culture.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I will actually likely create a whole new section (or maybe a thread, gasp) on the tambry undercity/sewers. Our intention is for it to be an absolute maze down there. Also, right now it's well lit because we're still building down there. It will actually be rather dark.

We are also planning a network of crypts that will connect to said undercity/sewer system. We're going for a Paris undercity feel.
I like mazes :D

Scar

Noble of Altera
This sounds amazing, Antilogy! If I ever manage to ocme up with another minecraft account to get whitelisted here and play two characters, I'll probably keep one idle at one of your shops and RP with him if anyone comes. That was what I was planning to do, though not in Tambry, until now. I just want a character that would run a shop and live a normal life. xD But yeah, I need to live with my own character for a while first, so best of luck to you with this trading town! Hopefully it becomes the capital of wealth (Or the whole Altera? :O )

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Note about the city having different tags in different parts of the city.... I hope one could not run from one part of the city to hide from punishment for trouble they started in another. I'm sure you've thaught of that already but I've seen it happen with people running fm a moderate region to peaceful ones ;)

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
According to the rules people can't flee into peaceful regions after stirring up trouble in others. In the case that someone does it the other side has the right to follow them into peaceful regions. To end the conflict there.

A new shop has opened in Tambry... the Tambry Leatherworks. Owned and operated by Orbit80.

This shop sells raw leather, leather armor, and saddles! Best part is, he buys and sells! I will be frequenting this shop!

Thank you Orbit for opening the shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.