Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Open] Seeking New Staff Members

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Greetings,

The Staff Team is seeking new members with specific criteria to join the Team. If you feel you fit these requirements or are willing to learn, then please send solus a forum conversation and a coordinator of the position you're interested in with your application so that the team can discuss and see if you’re a good fit.

Department for Hardware/Software
We are essentially looking for big help in the H/S department. Tiberione is working with us for Tech Issues, but there's mutual interest in having someone who's willing to step up to expand their work here.

Jobs:
+Bug fixing
+Understanding of MC consoles - adding plugins/removing plugins
+Willing to learn backend work such as managing server worlds
+Willing to learn World Edit
+Some familiarity with linux

All require:
-Activity and availability (Please list how much time you can give as staff for HW)
-Has been a member of HW for 2-3 months
-Age 18+

Apply using this format and any additional notes and categories you'd like {Here}.
Do not apply on this thread.

Thanks,
Staff

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Yay! Custom heads will get fixed and drop again, new ones may be added, 1.14 will arrive, we might even get quests! Very much looking forward to seeing someone take this role!

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
There was talk of adding quest NPC's at some point to give people something to do when the server has downtime.
I will just note that (generally speaking), having a large amount of NPCs is rapidly untenable on servers as they are quite resource-intensive, especially if you've got layered quests and all. I think it's a neat idea, but the back-end wasn't quite geared to NPCs on multiplayer servers.

At least, that was the experience I had when working with them over the last five or so years. Things might be different, now.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I will just note that (generally speaking), having a large amount of NPCs is rapidly untenable on servers as they are quite resource-intensive, especially if you've got layered quests and all. I think it's a neat idea, but the back-end wasn't quite geared to NPCs on multiplayer servers.

At least, that was the experience I had when working with them over the last five or so years. Things might be different, now.
Yeah sure a large amount. But for starters it'll be experimental and limited to figure it out, and once people may do it, I'd like to set up a quest or two without having to use signs and passwords. Hw is not gonna turn into an NPC quest world just cause one update makes it possible to add a quest.

Edit: or do you mean it'll be virtually impossible, even if we get the plugin to work, due to needing a huge server to keep it from lagging or something of the like?