Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Order of Undeath

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
The Order of Undeath

Skraag‘s Doctrine

1. Knoweth upun thyself that Deathe is forespoaken Unnecesarie, forespoaken ther is Murdere, for shalt not be prevented. Deathe to being leaveth yet in lonesome, yet Unnecesarie to trifle upun.

2. Knoweth upon thou shalt note oft to not Recoil afore thy Enemie, fore to stand of stronge in strengthe and resulve.

3. Knowthy thyself shalt paye respeicts upun thy Divine Law.

Doctrine of the Order of Undeath

1. All followers shall protect other members in conflict and shall not start conflict with each other.

2. Worship only Skraag. All your prayers should be sent to the Soul Stealer and no other.

3. The Exalted of Skraag is his voice upon the mortal plane. Listen to it with all the authority of Skraag himself.

4. Do not bring death upon others; instead bring undeath where possible.

5. Attempt to stay neutral in all conflicts that do not look to bring death.

Virtues for those who worship Skraag

1. Be humble, for Skraag judges all souls equally.
2. Be slow to judge, for all souls are created equal.
3. Be slow to anger, for anger clouds the mind.
4. Be patient, for all men must die.

The Prophecy of Skraag

Eternal Rest, frozen in time...
I seek the chosen to make mine.
The high devout will be first in line.

The Hierarchy

The Exalted of Skraag
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High Priest of Undeath
The Greyling ( @jakp25 )

Priests of Undeath
The Other Greyling ( @skuller )

Acolytes of Undeath
Valdaer ( @Prebuz )
Mila ( @Monster_Dan )
Solitarios ( @overlord2304 )

Places of Worship of the Order

The Shrine of Skraag (Cathedral-Crossroads)

Located near to the Crossroads Inn, within the Cathedral, this is currently the most common place to see Skraag worshippers gathering. In the open, but still a focal point for his power, it is a graveyard of pillars, upon which are the heads of the undead.

2014-11-22_19.25.43.png

The Necromancer's Skull (Dawnshard)

A large green skull, carved into a cliffside upon the islands of Dawnshard. INside is an extensive facility, containing facilities for study, residences and multiple shrines. Open to the public for visit, to learn more of Skraag, it is currently the home to the Order of Undeath.
2014-11-22_19.27.25.png

Often-Used Hymns/Prayers

Surrender
All to Skraag, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever worship Him,
By his Doctrine daily live.

All to Skraag I surrender;
My soul, His to use;
I will ever worship Him,
By His Doctrine daily live.

All to Skraag I surrender;
My mortal mind, His to read;
I will ever worship Him
By His Doctrine daily live.

Praise Him
Praise Him! Praise Him! Skraag, our Soul Stealer!
Sing, O earth, His wonderful power proclaim!
Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest Undead in glory;
Strength and honor give to His holy name!

Praise Him! Praise Him! Skraag, our Necromancer!
Sing, O sky, His wonderful might proclaim!
Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest Living in glory;
Skill and wit give honour to His holy name!

Praise Him! Praise Him! Skraag, our God of Immortality!
Sing, O sea, His wonderful fortitude proclaim!
Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest Unlife in glory;
Energy and vigor give honour to His holy name!

Glory to Skraag
Glory to the Necromancer and to the Soul Stealer
and to the God of Immortality;
as it was in the beginning,
it is now and shall be for ever.

Holy Items of the Doctrine

The Skulls of Skraag
Carved or smelted skulls, coloured black or green, used as holy symbols for his worship and function as small shrines to be used to pray to whenever away from a proper shrine or temple. Generally made of obsidian, ebony or a painted metal.

Prospective members of the Order are gifted with a carved ebony skull on a leather string.
For Acolytes the skull is made of a black-stained/painted metal and the chain replaced with a more permanent iron chain.

For the Priests, the skull is finally made of obsidian. The chain becomes gold.

The Shattered Necromancer's Staff
Belonging to a necromancer from before the moon broke, it is still believed by the Order to have been blessed by some holy divinity, for no necromancer may use such magic without Skraag's permission. Sundered in two, is a normal wooden shaft with a silver skull fixed on the top.

The Holy Text of Undeath
Written by the Greyling as a way of opening the true path of worship to lesser minds, the Holy Text is a collection of Hymns, Prayers and possible Rituals to praise and thank Skraag for his benevolence. There is currently only one copy, it having to be handwritten. It also contains his Doctrine, Virtues and Prophecy.

Dorothy Plug's Necklace
A green-tinted glass skull hangs from a heavy silver chain. This necklace was once owned by Dorothy Plug, Follower of Skraag. She met with him multiple times and was also the follower who received his prophecy and told the Greyling it's words.

Death is
Unnecessary

(Everything but Skraag's doctrine is known only to members. The Shrine of Skraag is obviously known by all.)

Last edited:

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Yeah, I need to talk to you in game. I'm not sure on if you're -still- the Exalted :p
Technically I don't think Dummy was ever the official exalted. And his title of "Skraag's Chosen" was just dreamed up by me, I used my custom title voucher to make it after Dummy was chosen to carry Skraag's Skull and received a blessing back before the last Campaign.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I see The Greyling met Dorothy :p.

Just a heads up: I also plan on having Dummy write a book on Skraag but he's waiting for a little more info before he does it. I wouldn't want to write one and then one month later have it be obsolete XD.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I see The Greyling met Dorothy :p.

Just a heads up: I also plan on having Dummy write a book on Skraag but he's waiting for a little more info before he does it. I wouldn't want to write one and then one month later have it be obsolete XD.
It's the one copy and can be continuously re-written :p

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
The organisation is dissolved. Anyone attempting to access the temple would find it walled off.

This is due to recent RP.