Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Organization] The Eisenwache

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good

THE EISENWACHE

OVERVIEW
The Eisenwache, or Iron Watch, is a small group of individuals tasked with keeping the royalty of the Kaltstaat safe and protected from all threats. They are a reformation of the Queensguard, and are expected to be some of the most capable fighters of the lands. They may work with the Kaltstaat army, but are distinctly separate from it and operate directly under the royal family, with a great deal of trust.

The commander of the Eisenwache is referred to as the ‘Iron Hand’, a position which has the responsibility of acting as the executor of the will of the royal family. As well as being the one to steward over the members of the Eisenwache, being as one commander, teacher, and disciplinarian.

The vows of both the Iron Hand and the members of the Eisenwache are extensive and varied, and expounded upon in detail later. A rough summation would be that they are bound not to take wives, for they are to be married to their duty; they are to protect the royal family; they are to serve at the pleasure of the royal family; they are to hold no lands or titles, but for the Iron Hand holding the training grounds; they are to provide counsel if asked, and none if none is asked; they are to not harm any who are of royal blood, no matter the circumstance.

LOCATIONS
The Iron Hand is granted the lands of Oren, so to train the members of the Eisenwache, and for whatever pursuits he considers necessary for his duties. However, given that Queensport is the home of the royal family, they may also be found there and are given free reign of the castle.

RANKS
“IRON HAND”
This is the Commander of the Eisenwache, the top of the chain, and the one who shoulders all responsibility of ensuring a capable force to protect the royal family. This rank is always held by a knight, and it falls to him to later knight those who serve under him.

“THE SHIELD”
This is the second in command and will be the one to take up the position of Iron Hand should he fall. Like the Iron Hand, he has full jurisdiction over his brothers, and is often directed by the Hand to oversee duties he is unable to at the time.

PROGRESSION
All Eisenwache aspirants begin as boys, trained under the Iron Hand to be men. There is no formal age when someone will be accepted or denied into the ranks, it is at the behest of the Iron Hand.

The boys begin as pages at court, learning to read and write to better serve the will of the royal household, but as they become of age sufficient to become squires, they begin their martial training under the Iron Hand. While there is always some inherent bias to those of noble blood who choose to send their boys to foster as apart of the Eisenwache, anyone of any rank - if they are accepted by the Iron Hand - may become apart of the organization.

Those who join but who are not of sufficient mettle for the Iron Hand may find a career in the army under the Marshal more to their liking, and are often entreated to join them instead of leaving the Kaltstaat entirely, assuming they did not dishonor themselves in their training.

VOWS
“I shall consent to no marriage to another, for I am married to my sword and shield in protection of the king.”
“I shall serve at the leave of the king, no matter my judgement.”
“I shall grant my protection to any who the king grants me to, for I am the shield of the realm.”
“I shall counsel the king as wanted, I shall hold silence when wanted, and all secrets of the king shall be mine to keep.”
“I shall father no children, for no one shall be able to use them against the realm or I.”