Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished {Peaceful} Astrakhan's First Annual Autumnal Ball [10/23/21 4 PM CST]

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Posters are put up in Astrakhan, Storm's Landing, Halbed, Mockingbay, and anywhere else they may be allowed.

istockphoto-496288250-612x612.jpg

CHOURÁI! AUTUMNUS ADVENIT!

Hurray! Autumn Has Arrived!

May Sallana Mĕssor's* Kiss Bless Every Ear of Grain!

May the Grey Lady Guard Our Souls against the Vengeful Dead!

In celebration of Sallana's Harvest and in Honor of the Reaper of Souls, the Grey Lady, Astrakhan invites everyone to dance and make merry at the city's newly opened ballroom, just past the Temple to the Pantheon!

But this is no ordinary ball, dearest guests! It cannot be an Asrakosian celebration without a contest of some sort, so this year, we ask all who come to dress up as things most macabre, be they sheepish shades, skinny skeletons, or ghastly ghouls! The person with the best costume will win a prize of five thousand radiants! The only rule is that magical or divine illusions will not be considered, for the sake of fairness.

Further! As is this is also celebration of Sallana, the couple with the best dancing skills will receive their choice of wine from the city winery or ten thousand radiants!

In preparation of the Ball, the Basileos seeks volunteers to provide music, food, drink, and greeters. Those interested should inquire by letter.

OOC: We recently installed a new ballroom built by the fantastic MelodyMusica and I felt it was only right to hold a spooky ball to commemorate its completion! If you want to volunteer as musicians, greeters, or in providing food and drink, DM me on Discord or through the Forums and we can organize an RP (or you can just...send an IC letter). The Ball should be peaceful, but I don't mind some harmless pranks and shenanigans if you want to frighten some of the ball-goers.

To get to Astrakhan, you can either ask me or anyone present at the ball for a TPA or you can go to Mockingbay via the cart at Spawn and find the small ship in the noble-district with blue and white sails. Note that this ship (or, well boat, really), will NOT be in the main docks!!

*Mĕssor being Latin for "the one who reaps/reaper"

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I am also looking for someone to help MelodyMusica decorate the area around the Ballroom, so please let me know if you're interested!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hey guys, I'm still looking for someone to provide music at the ball!

Further, I've made a roster for anyone who wishes to partake in the contests; just post your character and minecraft username here and which contest you want to join. If you're in the couple's contest, be sure to include your partner!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Ok, I will be pushing this event back to 4 PM CST, so roughly 45 minutes from now.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Thanks for coming everyone. I was just about to cancel it but then everyone who came made it a very lovely, cute little event, so, thanks a ton; you guys made my week!