Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Peaceful] [Island] Calan, the free island

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend

Settlement Name:
Calan
Caretaker:
Thôrdil Bárúmu
Current Wealth:
Unknown

X: 14829
Y: 63
Z: 13654
Population:
-Thôrdil
-Ava Grey
-Luciah Melody
-Isabell Goodman
-Teeke
-Spirit
-Samia

Link to location on map:
http://minecraft.worldofaltera.co.uk:8123/?worldname=Altera&mapname=flat&zoom=5&x=15264&y=64&z=13616
Daily Tax Rate:

Cheapest Plot Cost:
Biggest Plot Cost:

Description / Introduction:
Calan is a supremely dense jungle island in the southern seas. It's typically dank and muggy here. The atmosphere here is rather forboding, and it seems to always be in a perpetual twilight... Until you get to the mountail in the middle of the island. The temperature is significantly cooler and the air is much more crisp and breathable.
Activity has once again blossomed on the island as groups of people can be seen entering and leaving the island if one were to pay attention.

Residents:
-Thôrdil
-Ava Grey
-Luciah Melody
-Isabell Goodman
-Teeke
-Spirit
-Samia

Last edited:

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Archive of letters/announcements:

"[This would be found on Calan]

To those it concerns,

After Saelihn, the true Queen of Calan, had passed away I made my choice.
Instead of allowing others to take over and neglect it once more, I, Thôrdil Bárúmur, have decided to take over. I will uphold that what Saelihn has created and I will take care of it and keep it safe. I'm not Calan's King, for Saelihn's it's Queen.
I am the Caretaker.

Signed,
Thôrdil Bárúmur
Caretaker of Calan"

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So are you the new onwer of Calan Jasper? Just curious if the old Calan thread is now defunct or not?

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Peaceful once more as Teeke has dragged people into Calan and is adding housing
Teeke

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Ecology of Calan
Calan is a nutrient rich island in the warm seas of Altera. A plethora of plants and animals call this island home! Let's take a look at some of the most notables!

Plants of Calan

Trees and Shrubs

"Home" Trees - A genus of trees which have roomlike structures that naturally occur inside the hollow trunks. However, what appear to be hollow trunks with roomlike structures are actually a number of smaller trees which have fused together, and have strong branches that make up each floor.

Kapok - These tree grows to 70 m (230 ft) with a trunk up to 3 m (9.8 ft) in diameter with buttresses. The trunk and many of the larger branches are often crowded with large simple thorns. The palmate leaves are composed of 5 to 9 leaflets, each up to 20 cm (7.9 in) long. The trees produce several hundred 15 cm (5.9 in) pods containing seeds surrounded by a fluffy, yellowish fibre that is a mix of lignin and cellulose

Banana Tree - Contrary to popular belief, banana plants are not trees but giant herbs, which reach their full height of between 10 and 20 feet after only a year. Every banana blossom develops into a fruit, which is ripe enough for consumption after about three or four months. After producing fruit, the plants' stems die off, and are replaced by new growth. The number of bananas produced by each plant varies. However, ten or more bananas growing together forms a "hand." Banana stems have on average 150 "fingers" and weigh nearly 100 pounds. The trunks of banana plants are not woody but composed of sheets of overlapping leaves wrapped tightly around one another, a design feature that enables them to conserve water.

Mahogony - At heights reaching 200 feet, the big-leaf mahogany tree shoots through the top of the rainforest canopy. This majestic tree, which can live upward of 350 years, is an integral part of the rainforest ecosystem and an important resource for local communities. Its dark brown, flaky bark has a sweet odor, and the tree bears a gray-brown fruit and small white flowers.

Cork Oak -
Growing to heights of 65 feet (20 meters), cork oak is a unique and valuable tree species. Unlike many other oak trees, cork oak is an evergreen and does not drop its leaves. The thick and knobbly dark grey bark which covers it is the portion known as “cork.”
During cork harvest, the tree remains standing while large sections of its outer bark -- the cork itself -- are cut and peeled from the tree. Cork oak is unique in its ability to regenerate its outer bark. After a tree reaches 25 years of age, it can be stripped of its cork once every 9 to 12 years without causing damage to the tree. A single cork oak, which lives up to 200 years, can be harvested over 16 times.

Teak (Teeke?!) - A member of the mint family reaching heights of 150 feet, the striking teak tree is found throughout much of Calan. Beneath its scaly bark is a strong, dark gold wood that turns deep brown when exposed to air and sunlight. Teak is known for its ability to withstand the elements, as well as its resistance to decay and termites. Young trees have reddish leaves that turn green with maturity.

Ramon Tree - Known as yaxox in Elven, the ramón tree stretches to heights of more than 120 feet and provides habitat and nutrition for an array of rainforest residents. The base of its trunk -- typically between 3 and 5 feet in thickness -- features external roots, which provide support for the tall tree. Its bark is thin, smooth and whitish-grey in color with a sticky, milky sap inside. People commonly eat the orange fruit it produces, as well as the small, bright green seed.

Cacao Tree - The cacao tree is an evergreen that grows to about 15 to 25 feet. The fruits and flowers of the cacao tree grow directly from its trunk. The tree grows an oblong fruit commonly called a pod, which can be four to 12 inches long. When the pod is young it is green in color, and can turn yellow, red or purple when ripe. Each pod contains 20 to 60 reddish-brown cocoa beans up to an inch long, which are usually arranged in five rows surrounded by a sugary pulp. Pods are usually harvested at the end of the wet, or rainy, season. It takes seven to 14 pods to produce one pound of dry cocoa beans.

Grasses and Flowers
Calm Grass
- A type of non-flowering green plant whose leaves can be dried and smoked. A calm, relaxing affect is achieved through the consumption of this plant.

Last edited: