Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished {Player Campaign Overview} The Sons of Jishrim- {Violent}

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
The first camp has been liberated! Clues have been found regarding the true locations of one of the SoJ Bases.

I am going to take at least two weeks off trying to create some of the next camps, along with learning from my mistakes from the last two events.
We are still taking raids, though, so if anyone wants to be kidnapped or have their region sacked, please let me know, and I'll try and find some time to have it done.

More importantly, I'd really like to hear some critiques, since this is my first time DMing ANYTHING this large. Post them here, preferably.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I loved the event and had a great time. I've already DMed you my critiques, which were minor, but otherwise it was awesome!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hey friends! I appear to have bit off more than I can chew, and now I need your help! You see, I intend on building a bunch of encampments and event-builds throughout the Broken South, but building sort of overwhelms me, and I need to get the locations WE'd into creative and back, which is a bit of a hassle. SO! IF someone is interested in keeping some secrets, building something nice, and helping me get coords and locations moved, please hit me up!

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hey guys! So things are still being prepared, but in the mean time, I’ve made a small update! I do apologize for the wait, though!
Currently, Kralak’s castle is almost done, and Electric will be working on one of the encampments. After that, I’ll be building a quarry and a lumber mill.
In the interim, there will be an event in Astrum on the 21st to search for where some missing children have gone. Link
here.

I am looking for more volunteers to act as minions/guards, and I also welcome anyone who wants to get kidnapped or to investigate the south- even if things aren’t built on the map yet!

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Hey guys! So things are still being prepared, but in the mean time, I’ve made a small update! I do apologize for the wait, though!
Currently, Kralak’s castle is almost done, and Electric will be working on one of the encampments. After that, I’ll be building a quarry and a lumber mill.
In the interim, there will be an event in Astrum on the 21st to search for where some missing children have gone. Link
here.

I am looking for more volunteers to act as minions/guards, and I also welcome anyone who wants to get kidnapped or to investigate the south- even if things aren’t built on the map yet!
I'll do you proud

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Okay, while the map is fucky wucky (clearly a technical term), I can't quite get coords for stuff without it being a hassle, but luckily, our castle and a fort is done and should be WE'd in soon! I'm considering just doing one event build at a time as needed rather than having all of them built when they may not all be explored.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
A small update, but one of great importance. Astrum is victorious, and Lina has escaped the clutches of slavery.

Furthermore
, in a month's time, I will be taking online courses, but only two out of the three allotted to me. Now, I think we can finish this campaign early into the school year, since all that's really left is Kralak's castle and one of his fortresses, ideally, while the other player-slaves have more or less escaped, save for Bartooliinii Galaxy and Mudpaw11 , though Stella is fairly close to escaping. However, the campaign might slow down a bit by the end, because I will be focusing on classes everyday, which will be irritating. Ultimately, though, I'm confident we can finish this Campaign up and banish Kralak forever...or at least...until he rises again :eyes:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hello guys! I’m going to be taking a break from this campaign for just today, so I’d really appreciate if you guys saved any questions or requests for tomorrow! Yesterday was really overwhelming and I don’t want to burn out and give you guys a bad ending ^-^

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hey friends! I'm back from a sort-of-break, sort-of-abrupt hiatus!

The current plan is for people to find a Jishrimite fortress located in the south, and so far, no one has (or has been able to) take a bite. So, I'm opening the search up to the public. Anyone who wants to find the fort should PM me on the forums, and I'll begin a DMed search there!

I am also looking for volunteers for temps for when the day of the event begins (whenever that will be), so if you want to play as a member of Kralak's army, let me know via discord (Blorbis83#6093) or by the forums!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Ok, so I found out about a rule that I should have known about before starting- no steel event items without staff approval! If any of you received steel items in my campaign, please retcon it to iron! I’m sure you can have the items smelted and remade into steel with a smith’s help!

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
We're down to the last event. I'm not sure when I'll host it, but I know I'll need a metric buttload of temps, so anyone who wants to volunteer, let me know!!

(Small update made to main thread post)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Sons of Jishrim.png
Theme

On a plain night of debauchery, in a place of no import to any man of the Gods, three brave souls snuck into the Palace of Kralak Vaz, the Defiler and slew his retainers. Much blood was spilled as the Sons of Jishrim's most loyal huscarls were cut down and tossed into the quickly reddening waters of the palace pools.
The warlord was outnumbered, and after he was cornered, he put up little struggle and was incapacitated by many blows. He was promptly hanged from one of the towers of the palace, and as the priests and servants ran from the chaos of war, the palace finally knew peace.

Soon, the palace springs will cease to bubble clean water as the pipes fall into ruin, and the flags that proudly swayed in the wind will become yellowed and tattered. The bodies that lay in the gutters will soon be picked clean by vultures or turned into tin-cased mummies by the heat and arid winds of the mountainous landscape.

The Sons of Jishrim will see the body of their fallen liege, and fear will consume them, and soon, they will go into hiding.
They will first be united by their grief and rage, but as with all men of chaos, will turn to infighting without a strong fist to keep them in line.
They too, will fade away, though Jishrim and Jishrimites everywhere will remain, even if the memory of the Order lies dead within the craniums of its members.

At long last, the Sons and their Warlord have been defeated, but at what cost?

Hundreds of slaves are still yet to be freed; held captive by their chains and their own broken wills.
The dead are still dead, save for those lucky few who returned.
And the fear, rage, and sorrow that the Sons gifted upon the world will still haunt their victims.
The Chaos they inflicted upon their prey remains, waiting to be taken up by yet another group of Devotees to The God Of Madness.
With the death of Kralak, comes little catharsis, and little rest.
There will be others like him soon.

But, even against all this, the Glory and Honor that those who fought against the Enemy are also eternal, and in the struggles to come, there will only be further opportunities for such prizes, but only if our Heroes have the strength of Will to continue fighting.

OOC: Finally, this campaign has concluded! It was a long, long process, but at last, it's over. So, with that in mind, I'd like to go over what I feel I did well at, and what I did poorly at.

Pros:

- Good emotes? I guess?

- People seemed to enjoy the events, even if the plotline itself was disjointed.

- I don't think I was too harsh when deciding certain outcomes, but idk.

Cons:

- Planning:
I was a hubristic little man, so I thought I could just wing an entire campaign. Obviously I was mistaken. Next time, I'm making sure to prep everything from dates, to mechanics, temps, DMs, and loot way, way before hand. I also nearly intended to resurrect Kralak, but people rightfully reminded me that that was stupid, so I didn't.

Plotline and Plot Efficiency: Yeah, no. Again, I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do storyline-wise, but it was all incredibly loosely conducted. Sure, the events themselves were interesting, but there was often little to string them all together. Next time, I want to plan ahead what events go at what time, and I want to make sure they're important to the end goal and not just meandering around looking for forts. The "Conan" Theme was also quickly discarded due to this chaos.

I'm sure there's more Cons, but my brain is fried, so please feel free to give your two-cents.

In any event, I'd like to thank everyone who came, everyone who DMed, everyone who volunteered, and everyone who gave me support through this garbage fire.

That includes:

Bartooliinii
TheDuples
Brown
Sussurous
Galaxy
Elz
Cranium
Kakers
Kamaoe
Ruu Darling
Old-Seadog
Retro Hagrid
Icanra
I am Wake
Lenore
Electric
Mongoose
Arken
Jase
WinterTheOnly
Magic Intern
tyufiire7
Snowymaximus
Adam/Byrne
Morbid
@YukiTheWitch (I can't tag you for some reason)
Sir Arc
Sir Andrew Wallins
@Sadko
@and anyone else I didn't name.

You are all amazing, and I really, really would not have been able to do these events without you. Thanks for putting up with all the mistakes I made along the way. :heart:

Next time, I'll learn from my mistakes, and pull off something worthy of your affections, I promise!!

Last edited: