Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Playtesting Questions

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
For any questions on playtest content.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
How does fortitude reduce damage? It says it's rolled "behind the scenes" but I didn't see details apart from that. Did I miss it?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
How does fortitude reduce damage? It says it's rolled "behind the scenes" but I didn't see details apart from that. Did I miss it?
In the background the health system silently rolls your fortitude stat, its a DC 5 for every success and it lowers the damage down by 1, it only lowers damage to 1 minimum. So say I took 7 damage and got 5 successes, its 2 damage now. But if I took 5 damage and 5 successes, still 1 damage.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
In the background the health system silently rolls your fortitude stat, its a DC 5 for every success and it lowers the damage down by 1, it only lowers damage to 1 minimum. So say I took 7 damage and got 5 successes, its 2 damage now. But if I took 5 damage and 5 successes, still 1 damage.
So you do not see the rolls?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Danke.

Next question. How does armor factor into this
You roll an armor save before factoring in damage, if your armor save passes. I believe you just take no damage, if it fails then you put in the damage.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
I have done some runs of this with other high player chars (Hi Fronslin, hi Opal) and from what I've gathered. When you pair this with the armor roll system, it takes a while to get anywhere. Sure it'd be quicker than a crp run with our current system, but considering that the roll difference is often at the maximum 3 dice, mix into that armor rolls which negate all damage and fortitude lessening damage on top of that and it basically is just 1-2 hours of just spamming rolls until eventually one of you is just barely lucky enough to actually chip away at health.