Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pokemon Volt White 2 - To be continued

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
It seems that the stream isn't that popular at the moment. While it's certainly understandable, I'm wondering if there's something I can do which will bolster the views a little bit. Below I've compiled a few options that I think may be helpful, but I'd like you guys to help narrow ir down for me by selecting what you want/ what you feel will help. If I've missed something you think may help, please don't hesitate to comment and suggest it!:

1) Fix the minor quality issues of the stream.
Luckily the stream runs pretty well, however there are times where there are frame drops, and with some tinkering I may be able to decrease the frame drop and improve the overall quality of the stream. Please note that my knowledge of the OBS software is limited and fixing this problem may be beyond me, but if it's voted for I'll certainly give it a shot.

2) Speak/commentate while playing

For the past 2 streams, I have not spoken at all during the game and have only communicated via the Twitch chat. If you feel like me commentating on the gameplay will be beneficial to the stream, I'll happily commentate for you guys.

3) Webcam

Some people like seeing webcams when people play games. Mostly it's for reaction games such as jumpscare horrors but if you'd like me to use webcam, feel free to suggest it.

4) Sidebars/Background.

These would only be basic, but basically I'd fill in the background around the game (which currently consists of my desktop background) with some graphics to brighten the screen up a bit.

5) Play a different game.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Volt White 2 at the moment, however if you guys feel like you'd like to see another game, Pokémon or otherwise, feel free to suggest it.

6) Add your streams to Youtube/ Just record for Youtube

If you feel like viewing quality and accessibility of Youtube is better than Twitch streaming, or you want the best of both worlds, I can upload Streams/Videos to Youtube then upload them here for ease of access. Note that if I abandon the streaming idea entirely, while it makes the videos more accessible it also makes for less interactivity.

7) Stop Streaming, you suck!

A valid point. I've literally just started with this streaming so there's certainly some errors I'm probably making. I'm hoping that some of the above options may help but if you honestly feel like there's no helping this, then please say so, but please also state why.

8) Background Music.

If you'd prefer to hear some background music either overlapping the ingame music or replacing it entirely, I could certainly do that.

9) Let us know in advance when you will be streaming!

So far, both streams have only been posted about when they've been up. If you feel like some advanced warning on this thread will be useful, feel free to suggest it.

10) Collabs

I'd be happy to do these, number one on the list would be @MrTeamSparky, feel free to suggest.

That's all the ideas I have for now. Please comment and include the ideas which you think may help, and suggest your own should you feel I've missed anything.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I guess

Spark

Broken
1 is always good to do if possible.
2 because it gives more interaction with the viewers, even if you just voice chat in reply to the chat, still makes it seem more personal.
3 but only if you feel comfortable.
4 would be awesome.
8 some quiet music just to fill the silence would be cool, just make sure you watch out for copyright stuff.
9 because twitch alerts are always late
10 because sparku.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Overlapping unless it's when you got a cool cutscence or fight, and you know copyright music is only if you stream and uploud it afterwards to youtube

Spark

Broken
Overlapping unless it's when you got a cool cutscence or fight, and you know copyright music is only if you stream and uploud it afterwards to youtube
This includes VODs on twitch too, not just youtube, for future reference.

So if you are playing "popular" music, you can't use that content for VODs, I don't know if you intend on having any, just a warning. Well you can, but if it detects it, it will be muted and I'm not sure if there is any punishment.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Don't worry, I saw the changes Twitch made and will attempt to avoid using that sort of music. I'll probably stick to gaming tracks and remixes if anything.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Okay, am streaming now, sorry for the short notice but I'm really eager to test this stuff out. Things that have changed are:

Background! I made it myself so it's extremely basic but it certainly looks better than before!
Voice! You can hear me now!
Webcam! We'll see how this goes!

I have not added any music yet and this stream will be Solo. If you guys could check it out and help me make sure that everything is ship shape I'd really appreciate it :D

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Stream will be in just over half an hour, so until then I have a little question for you guys:

Who do you reckon will be the better ground type in the long run, Hippowdon or Rhyperior? And why?

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
If you could put these on youtube, it'd be great... cause I have yet to be available for them. :(
I can certainly upload the streams to Youtube. I don't have the time of computer resources currently but I can do it once today's stream is done.