Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Project Zomboid: Brandy Winchester vs. Louisville

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
My other Project Zomboid Playthroughs:
Original Zomboid Thread
Lana vs. The City
Maid Katrina vs. The City
Project Zomboid Multiplayer

It is time for another Project Zomboid adventure.

Here is my Modlist for this playthrough!
Its basically JennyBean's modlist with some added stuff.

This adventure shall be taking place in Louisville: the new extremely large city added in the base game of Zomboid during the multiplayer update. It is not Raven Creek; yet a city regardless.

Our survivor this time is Brandy Winchester.

She has been blessed with a generous amount of stats as a result of my own unwillingness to suffer through yet another grindy experience to develop stealth, as Project Zomboid only allows you to level up stealth the more zombies are around you-- which is a tad sadistic, no?
With this, I can sneak around the extreme hordes that spawn in Louisville over time.

The backstory of Brandy Winchester is that she is a thief: a member of the Iron Rodents biker gang that were a scourge in Knox Country.

I spawned in a fairly decent house with an oddly large amount of musical instruments.

I guess Brandy liked music. That explains the Nirvana t-shirt.

The first day was quite mundane. Too many zombies around. Clearing the immediate area.
Louisville is a very high loot zone, so it was quite easy to obtain a decent collection of items right off the bat in terms of skill magazines. Some guns too-- but no ammo.

By the end of day 2, I had a vehicle and a stash of good weapons.

At the start of day 3, I loaded the car full of food and the weapons-- making off to explore Louisville.
Swiftness is key.
Zombies spawn over time, being most prominent on the 27th day (get it?). Thus, I need to get to where I want to be as quickly as possible.
I moved north: heading deeper into the city. To easily navigate, I stayed near the river.

Whilst making my way up the river along the oil storage and offices, a helicopter flew overhead and dropped me a supply crate with 8 boxes inside.
I put them in the van and kept going.

This actually happened to Maid Katrina before, so I know what to expect within these.

Reached the most northern bridge out of Knox Country. World border!

Headed back down the road... and found an art museum!

It was filled to the brim with zombies, so I had to clear it out. They seemed to be in corridors between the art galleries, leaving the art alone for some reason.
Maybe zombies do not appreciate fine art.

I do though.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
In the art museum was a rare zombie in a hazmat suit carrying a weed magazine and a zombie cure, one-use.

Beside the art museum was a terrifying sight of a horde contained within the lobby of a hotel.
I tried fighting the hordes over the course of a few in-game days, battling in the lobby and around the hotel streets.

It seemed to be a zombie convention.

There was no loot to be had in this hotel, besides the loot on the zombies themselves.
I scored a Military Backpack from a singular military zombie within the entire complex. But overall, I wasted my time clearing the horde to make the general area safer..

It also turns out one of the mods I have installed adds traits over the course of the game too!

Managed to find some decent knowledge on the zombies, too.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Movies are not as enjoyable in the apoco--

--That bastard snuck up on me and attacked me whilst I was taking the screenshot.

Thankfully I was not infected and had bandages with disinfectant.
I took it slow after being scratched to see if I was infected, though.

What is that zombie wearing? Something to come back to.

These buildings look good enough for now.
Close to the art station and the hotel I cleared along with plenty of food stores nearby to stock up.

Its a bit of a fixer-upper, but I am sure it'll become a proper home in time.
I just need to level my Carpentry a bit more and clear the local area.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
ello

I began exploring around where I have set up my base, in hopes of clearing the area and finding some decent loot. I am running out of melee weaponry after that whole hotel came down upon me. As I was exploring, a helicopter crashed in the middle of a storm. I moved to investigate the crash site, but sadly it was on top of a pet shelter that had no roof access.

One thing I seemed to be finding quite a lot of were skill magazines-- mostly because of the sheer amount of mods I have installed that require you to learn their content through said skill magazines. I found this one particularly interesting, as it means I could go around looking like I'm in Mad Max.

I can also be a cannibal if food gets bad, I guess?

During my search around the area, I came across a library in the heart of the city.
I can read skill books when I need, I guess! :D

Poked back around the hotel to see if all those corpses had any loot.
Sadly, the corpses of the recently re-deceased decided they were no longer part of this realm of existence.

oh well, at least I found some cool machines to put in my apartment.