Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Project Zomboid

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
It is hard. Just died at 13 hours. My longest is 1 day and 3 hours. Shortest is 1 hour.

@matyio @SallyPirate you two seem to be doing well. Maybe you can teach me somestuff.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
It's updated a bit? I used to play it back when it had that tiny disjointed and depressing storyline about this guy and his injured wife.

matyio

The original mute
Well I'm only doing well since I only play it multiplayer which resets the time and I don't need to sleep in it. But yeah think longest survival time was two days or something on multiplayer, I have to guess though since it keeps resetting.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I can't remember how long I survived- Since things changed with each update the survival time gradually got lower and lower.

...Or that was because I was so bored I kept picking fights with hoards with any gun I could find.

But yeah, it's multiplayer on steam right now: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/02/apzdtisa-3-this-time-with-live-multiplayer/

Matyio and I have been finding it pretty easy because if you have a multiplayer server with heaps of others, there's a severe lack of zombies, so all you need is a trowel and tomato seeds and you're set until you get bored or accidentally stab your friend

matyio

The original mute
Oh yeah if you do accidentally stab your friend you may find out that you randomly gain all your health back from being zombified XD. I then promptly burned to death due to the house if been in having it's stove light on fire and the game still thinking me there

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Oh okay so I'll give some context, since I necro'd a seven year old thread!

I love Project Zomboid. Ever since Raging told me how to get the beta of the animations update, Build 41, I've been having so much fun. Behold: Lana (my third game).

Lana found a black dress and many (3) guitars to use as weapons against the undead.

In the center of West Point, just a block away from City Hall, Lana has secured an apartment for herself- covered every window in sheets, boarded up the doorways and blocked the only entrance/exit with a car (which zeds cannot pass through). She is currently going through the nearby stores and apartments, looting everything. There is plenty to be done and this achievement of safety already took me a good few hours to achieve!
For those who do not play Project Zomboid, West Point is the most populated, largest part of the map with the most zeds. It takes me forever to clear out an area of zombies to loot a location. But I find it rewarding.

Got ourselves an ambulance, an apartment and a fridge full of food! Things are going good.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Just these pictures alone look a lot more fun than the trailer of the actual game haha

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
I remember when I first got Zomboid. The trailer makes the game look like ass (Or, at least it did at the time. Whether it still does, who knows. Not me, that's for sure) but when I actually decided to pick it up, expecting to refund it, I found it was actually really enjoyable. Although after a while I picked up some mods like Hydrocraft etc. and the Cure, I still racked up 400 hours or so in the end. Good game

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Still waiting on NPCs...
Also... I am Wake : You are better off in one of the two storied houses in the gated community a bit to the north ;).Houses with sheds are generally considered to be best, since you can put a generator in there giving you electricity after the outage kicks in.

If you really want to stay where you are though, I suggest you barricade your front door and use a rope on one of those windows :D

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
If you really want to stay where you are though, I suggest you barricade your front door and use a rope on one of those windows :D
Doors are all max barricaded now on both sides. Sadly, there are about 5 "front" doors for the zombies to get in through, but generally speaking, I keep the location quiet enough that zombies are no longer attracted to the area. I still need to find a shovel to bury their bodies, however, since zombies are attracted to the many, many dead bodies.

Sadly, zombies can now destroy ropes.

Also, I found a sledgehammer (in the bank)!

I absolutely adore the fashion in this game

I have spent the last many hours playing filling my new apartment full of supplies using nearby shops and apartments. The police station is still not hit, nor the City Hall. My food cupboard is so full of food that I am now using the bathroom cupboard for backup food.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Best thing you can do;
Have a space for everything. Everything should have a place lol. Food items in one box, guns in another, melee in another...... And never have a 'misc' item bin lol. You'll find that you begin tossing stuff in there you shouldn't

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
As soon as it's in sale, I'm buying this game!
That's just given me one hell of an idea. Why don't those who have PZ all do a Multiplayer of it together? We can jack up the spawns a bit to make it more dangerous to be alone, and group up. Hell, we could even do some RP with it!

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
That's just given me one hell of an idea. Why don't those who have PZ all do a Multiplayer of it together? We can jack up the spawns a bit to make it more dangerous to be alone, and group up. Hell, we could even do some RP with it!
Unfortunately, multiplayer is not yet out on Build 41-- the animations Beta. Last multiplayer compatable build is back before the cooler things were added, back when weather was new. General fashion is not part of those builds.

I discovered how to make a sandwich in this game. I am now chef.

Someone on Reddit suggested I put mannequins in my home to show off my outfits, so I robbed a zombie-filled clothing store to show off my outfits c: I thanked them very much after posting Lana's outfit on the Project Zomboid subreddit.
I also discovered tailoring (the white patch on Lana's arm in this picture is where I fixed a hole where a zombie scratched me)