Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Project Zomboid

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
So its back to killing zombies next time.
Its zombie killing time.

Fighting my way into Riverside was not an easy thing. Straggling zombies from the previous horde- not to mention new zombies spawning in. I managed to get into the town through the most northern entrance, pushing in. It broke 4 spears before I entered the first shop-- where I immediately found what I was looking for.
Nails!

Next shop cleared was a sports store. I found the Big Hiking Bag here-- the second best bag in the game.

Unfortunately for me, enough time had passed that the bakery and butchers were completely devoid of any food aside from an ice cream in the freezer.
I managed to clear a nearby residential house to stay in for the night before pushing onwards towards more shops.

That is when I saw it. The American Postal Service. Surely some goodies were being mailed around Kentucky, right?
This literally took me a while-- but the Battle of the Post Office commenced.
It was difficult. I managed to lure a large amount of zomboids away from the post office using the sirens of the ambulance before fighting, one by one, zombies in the post office and outside.

The Battle of the Post Office was not in vain, despite the lack of any useful items actually in the item.
I found Comic Books. They are surprisingly rare and restore happiness. When your best friend is an ambulance: that is quite helpful to have.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Progress is slow and steady in Zomboid. Not for a lack of trying, mind you. It is slow because the weather makes it look like Silent Hill. Try NOT being afraid of zombies when you cannot see the amublance in your own safe zone.

After clearing out all those zombies around the petrol/gas station not far from my home, I decided to spent most of today building more walls around my base and clearing out the nearby houses. One said house contained a Corna Virus supply of toilet paper. If toilet paper becomes the currency in this game, I have struck gold.

When the weather clears up, it is back out there killing zombies. I can deforest all I want with a seemingly unlimited supply of wood--

--But I am running out of nails.

So its back to killing zombies next time.
You should move that bird trap a bit, you won't catch anything as long as you are in a 20m (or one tile) vicinity.
E: Aehm I meant 1m = 1 tile.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
You should move that bird trap a bit, you won't catch anything as long as you are in a 20m (or one tile) vicinity.
E: Aehm I meant 1m = 1 tile.
I did not know that. Thank you for the tip =)

Now I am getting deja vu

I cleared the next large building next to the Post Office: the Motel. Got plenty of planks from the broken doors zombies barraged through.

Around the back of the Motel was this funny van.

I spent the next few hours of my gametime moving everything I collected back to my base and storing them out of the vehicles. I moved things around so that I would have a specific area for mechanics, a specific area for storage. Whilst the walls are not finished, I feel quite safe-- and I also feel like I have cleared the zombies around me completely. I have not seen one near my base for a while.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I did not know that. Thank you for the tip =)

Now I am getting deja vu

I cleared the next large building next to the Post Office: the Motel. Got plenty of planks from the broken doors zombies barraged through.

Around the back of the Motel was this funny van.

I spent the next few hours of my gametime moving everything I collected back to my base and storing them out of the vehicles. I moved things around so that I would have a specific area for mechanics, a specific area for storage. Whilst the walls are not finished, I feel quite safe-- and I also feel like I have cleared the zombies around me completely. I have not seen one near my base for a while.

I think the bird trap might even have a smaller range, but the range should be accurate for anything that can catch a rabbit.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
"Man, I need some more decorations" I thought before I headed back into Riverside for more items.

I was moping up... when something happened.

The lights stopped working.
I ran to a fridge. The fridge stopped working.

I have survived over a month. The electricity has gone out. The water will soon follow. In a mild panic, I began to scoff my face with all the perishable food items that were about to go off before I went back home. On the way back, I tried to see is the gas station would work.
It does not.
You cannot collect petrol/gas unless you have electricity. I need to find a generator. Thankfully, I have about 8 jerry cans full of gas/petrol. I will not be running out for a while.

This game truly becomes a horror game in the dark. Playtime is over.

Knowing my food situation was now of a limited capacity, I ate all the various meats in my fridge before throwing the fridge out onto the side of the road outside my base. There is no use for it, since the electric went out. I began to furrow the ground ready for a farm, but I do not have many seeds to plant... nor am I entirely certain how farming in this game even works.

At the very least, before I stopped playing, my base is coming along nicely.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Oh yeah, before I forget:
Project Zomboid had a new build released! I cannot yet play on the new version-- simply because saves are not compatable. For now, I play on a slightly outdated version.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hello =)
Its been a while since I played Zomboid. Mostly because my laptop could not handle the game.

Since the last time we were here, the game has been updated with a new version with a ton of new features. Importantly, I am now able to play the game far more smoothly- alongside the introduction of "clutter" as 3D objects will now appear on the ground more... decorative.
Sadly, in the update, old saves are not compatable.

Thus, I decree Lana has been arrested for not getting planning permission for those walls.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I thought about half a year back you told me you were getting a new PC?
Back when I had a job, yeah. It was possible.
Now I do not have a job. Did not have enough for a PC.
Managed to pay off most of my owes, though.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hey, so--
Project Zomboid Multiplayer dropped today.

Except... the game works perfectly fine. The zombies work fine. You can see people fine. Everything interacts wonderfully. The game works.
But the maps?
Yeah, the maps corrupt fast..

I would wait for some fixes before you decide to hop on =)

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Wow. That was an experience ._.

I went onto an Anarchy server. Fast zombies, default settings. It was rough.
But just when I thought I had found safety in an area clear of zombies, my character became progressively more sick until I realised they were infected. What followed was me making myself a literal base so that I could write a story-- and leaving a note on my zombified corpse for when I died. It was honestly an amazing experience and part of what makes Project Zomboid what it is.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
10 years later got an update for Louisville today, so I decided to enable godmode and mozy my way over there.

Needless to say, I really want to play another playthrough of Project Zomboid with this setting.