Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [Public] [17/3/18 | 6pm EST] [Moderate] Trial of Balatro Sage

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Balatro Sage, accused of potentially aiding the rebellion, potentially through whose general incompetence this rebellion was urged instead of suppressed, potentially whose conduct has disgraced the empire, shall hold trial in the ruins of his never-great yet now-desecrated city before the emperor travels forth once again to the capital.

In preparation for the trial, for some reason bundles of dried grass, kindling, and so on have been transferred into the gambling hall.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
balatro in his (critical, just barely stable) condition is invited to find his own lawyer or represent himself.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Why would he aid the people that literally broke him?
General incompetence might be a reason for the riot but you don’t exactly sentence a guy for that. You fire him.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
General incompetence might be a reason for the riot but you don’t exactly sentence a guy for that. You fire him.
we put him on trial here

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
If I can guess all this is because Nwalme has no need for him now that he has a definite claim on Rogues Hearth. All he needs to do is humiliate or kill Balatro to further assimilate rogues hearth into the dominion and into his control.

He can't let balatro have a claim on control of rogues hearth for fear of a political power struggle later down the line.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
these are good reasons to bring up ic at the trial if u want (and are allowed as per what would in the modern day be called a witness of the defendant's character). however, if ur curious, the basis of this is another modern term that'd be called criminal negligence. i.e. through ignoring his duties as an administrator of a sovereign territory, he indirectly caused the rebellion through his egregious incompetence.

If I can guess all this is because Nwalme has no need for him now that he has a definite claim on Rogues Hearth. All he needs to do is humiliate or kill Balatro to further assimilate rogues hearth into the dominion and into his control.
though yes, nwalme is quite the believer in realpolitik.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
He also can't really fire balatro. He has sovereignty and title. And even the though he is abdicated he is still Remi wise's son. So killings him means uneassry turmoil with wise that could destabilize his southern claim.

Trial is the best bet.

Why not hire Antilogy ? You know, the, uh, REAL lawyer? Haha
He probably wound not enjoy paying $175/hr worth of rads. That's where my new boss set my rate. /s

Also, I'd consider it if I could go, but I can't. If it were Sunday I could probably make it work. But based on the op its all for show anyway, he's already guilty. ;)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
He probably wound not enjoy paying $175/hr worth of rads. That's where my new boss set my rate. /s

Also, I'd consider it if I could go, but I can't. If it were Sunday I could probably make it work. But based on the op its all for show anyway, he's already guilty. ;)
Woah, what about innocent until proven guil... oh wait... this is HW.