Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Public Report of the Sorrows

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Some days past, two Kane ships set sail from Queensport to investigate the Sorrows for any disturbances with the dead. Much was discovered, but near all of it leads to more questions than answers. The following is a direct report given by Wolfgang von Harrister, ward of Kane. Additional notes should be added that time is beginning to dissolve in strange ways, as the voyage took weeks for the crew yet days for me to see them return. As well, the site of the giant oak tree and poppy fields seemed to be the only thing unaffected by the fog, time, and various oddities.

-------------------------------

The Heir and Stand departed Queensport in the morning into the fog with southward intentions. All was uneventful as the crew completed their tasks with diligence. As we neared the Sorrows, it grew colder and colder. During conflict between the crew the ship rammed into an iceberg, creating a large hole within the lower deck. The Formist Kopii was able to repair it using the ship’s supply of wood and aid from the rest of the crew in bucketing out the water. After dealing with the injured, I left the ship to walk the ice in search of...land, a break, something. Anything. I found the first of the three. Upon my return the newly assigned captain of the ship agreed it was best to disembark.

A small group, myself among them, climbed out onto the ice - only to be greeted by a wall of tens of undead, with five figures standing among them. After calls to their persons they backed into the fog and left us with their demons. A conflict ensued that ended with us on the ship and the undead in the sea. We slept for the night. Eventually the crew roused enough to try another excursion. Crossing the ice revealed that the fog continued to swallow the entirety of the Sorrows we visited without end. As well, the Prince von Hallon felt that the fog was either filled in unimaginable capacity with spirits or made of them. They harried us and their words of despair seemed unending.

We met up with Leofaren and Flanders from the other ship - we would later learn their captain abandoned us and started back to Queensport. A long walk led to a statue of a robed figure hiding their face and holding a tome. The open stone tome had the names of every member of both ships chiseled into it, and the statue itself was carved into with the word ‘know’ in every language I have ever seen, and many I haven’t. Jaden attempted to charcoal rub information from the book onto parchment but his stick was turned to gold by the act. We walked on. I will spare you the details of what happened to the men Podric and Leofaren left behind to seek aid. Just know there was nothing to identify them. We found a gentle spirit that asked us to a tree. Among the noises of death and war within the fog it was almost a pleasant distraction. Uriel dismissed her with prayers from his worship and the crew found itself at a great tree in a field of hundreds and hundreds of poppy flowers. After further days spent searching for the Stand, we sailed back to Queensport without issue.

------------

Grand Duchess Elizabeth Kane

( Rygan Elz CloakedReaper )