Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Questions and FAQ ]=-

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
You dont know about hier tier spells nor the spells of other blessed. You know what you have at your tier and that is all.

Compenents and etc are as written:

Somatic (S): Measured with precise movement of one's hands focused on ones Divine.
Verbal (V): Speaking words, phrases. Must speak in a strong voice focused on ones Divine.
Material (M): Physical substances or objects that disappear by the spell energies in the casting process focused on ones Divine. Some materials between Divines may overlap. This will be left to the character's to interpret unless explicitly stated in the spell.

Verbal states 'must speak in a strong voice'. No muttering. It says it right here what you should be doing.

Precise movement of ones hands can include your slate thing sure. But it says hands, and therefore I'd say doing something with both your hands is fine, including holding the slate you're doing the thing on.

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
Send Message
Tier: 3
Divine: Universal
Action: Incantation
Component: S
Cost: 2sp
Duration: N/A
Spell: The Caster may send a message of up to 20 words in any language to a single familiar person to you, in the same plane of existence as yourself. They may send a response within the same limitations

It shows that the component for this spell has no verbal component. So assuming that the message is sent mentally. Does the one receiving the message have to speak aloud to reply? Or is it able to be replied to mentally as well?

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Send Message
Divine: Universal
Action: Incantation
Component: S
Cost: 2sp
Duration: N/A
Spell: The Caster may send a message of up to 20 words in any language to a single familiar person to you, in the same plane of existence as yourself. They may send a response within the same limitations

It shows that the component for this spell has no verbal component. So assuming that the message is sent mentally. Does the one receiving the message have to speak aloud to reply? Or is it able to be replied to mentally as well?
Mentally.

Cranium

Meep
Retired Staff
_Cranium_
_Cranium_
Blessed
I understand this is being shaken off, but current question regarding Send Message:

Does the individual know who the messenger is? Without explicitly stating your name in the message, would the receiver have an inkling of who it is?

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I understand this is being shaken off, but current question regarding Send Message:

Does the individual know who the messenger is? Without explicitly stating your name in the message, would the receiver have an inkling of who it is?
I believe they do. The voice in ones head would likely sound like the caster.

Cranium

Meep
Retired Staff
_Cranium_
_Cranium_
Blessed
That's what I thought, but it wasn't explicitly stated one way or the other. It's a bit important with a character of mine right now so just thought I'd check. Cheers.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

That's what I thought, but it wasn't explicitly stated one way or the other. It's a bit important with a character of mine right now so just thought I'd check. Cheers.
Tideborne read this :(
help

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
IMMORTALITY IV

Divine
: Skraag.
Tier: 4
Action: One hour of ritual prayer and maintained contact, as well as a sacrifice of a sentient being.
Cost: 9 SP
Duration: Permanent
Spell: The blessed renders undeath unto the target of their spell, killing them and then reviving their person into a form which resembles the classic lich. This effect is irreversible, unless by direct divine intervention. The person thus gifted by immortality shall not die, no matter how broken their body, though they are of course not immune to injury and they may be wholly disabled but still cursed to remain alive. They will additionally never age beyond the point the spell was cast. If the body of a blessed is entirely encased or destroyed, they may seek out in prayer to the divine to reanimate them in another form.
DARK REFLECTION

Divine
: Skraag.
Tier: 4
Action: Prayer.
Cost: 5 SP
Duration: One week.
Spell: The blessed selects a sentient mortal within their line of sight, and binds their soul to the blessed’s own. Whatever injuries, ailment, or exhaustion are imparted onto the blessed are reflected in turn on the person which they have selected. Lasts for one OOC week. The caster and target are expected to communicate with one another in regards to their statuses.
Might be a little early for this, but how exactly do these two spells interact with eachother?

Would an immortal Skraag be able to dark reflection someone and then just... attack themself to kill the other? how does reflecting all injuries work when one of the participants is functionally immortal? does the other party take on some aspect of that immortality or are similarly unaffected to death? or is this combo just a death sentence?

More interestingly-- if the non-immortal participant gains some kind of immunity(ie: can't be killed by its effects as the skraag can't be), how does it work in the reverse direction? Can the other party bypass the skraagite's immortality and kill the lich skraag if they themself are killed? Or do they gain the skraag's immortality fullstop and can't be killed even by other sources during the duration?

Perhaps the non-skraag in the equation would gain the same injuries, which would kill them, so the skraagite in question would die despite the immortality? Bypassing it?

TL;DR: Reflecting all damage taken is very confusing when one person can not die from the injuries, and the other can. How does it work?

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I think an easy fix is the just add 'cannot be used to kill the target' as injuries can be inflicted upon both.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Crazed
Divine: Jishrim
Action: Passive Effect
Component: N/A
Cost: N/A
Duration: Permanent
Spell: The Caster can create different sounds that originate from different areas in a 10b radius at a whim. Their appearance gradually becomes crazed and never clean, dark circles round their eyes, a spider’s mark tattoos into a chosen part of the skin, and they hear whispers of their past with conflicting emotions. Sometimes friendly, sometimes violent.
Can this be used to mimic voices?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Being a passive, we'll say no. Thing skittering sounds from a corner and breaking glass or so on.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
What are the requirements for being affected by cult passives? To elaborate, what's stopping someone from joining a bunch of cults and getting the bonuses from them all? Is it that you have to be a blessed of that divine?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
What are the requirements for being affected by cult passives? To elaborate, what's stopping someone from joining a bunch of cults and getting the bonuses from them all? Is it that you have to be a blessed of that divine?
Cult passives don’t require you to be blessed, only that you worship said divine

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
Cult passives don’t require you to be blessed, only that you worship said divine
Specifically that you're a member of a cult that worships them, I believe. It's implicit but worth clarifying.
To elaborate, what's stopping someone from joining a bunch of cults and getting the bonuses from them all?
You'd have to be faithful towards/sincerely praise a god that a cult worships to be counted as part of it, as far as I know. Doing that for more than two or three gods is kinda internally inconsistent.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Official answer from cult guy:
Joining multiple cults is possible. You get the benefits of every cult you officially join. However, if you do start joining all of these cults, the gods are going to catch on that you’re doing it for the boons. Not only that, but if you’re in a cult that opposes one of the others in terms of morals or opposing divines, you’re likely going to be punished by one if not both gods.
Essentially, it’s possible but there will be major divine backlash because the gods are not going to be happy if you try to game them.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Though I think the answer will remain the same I still want to ask. With life no longer being Shalherana's, does that mean she would no longer frown on vyres? xd

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Though I think the answer will remain the same I still want to ask. With life no longer being Shalherana's, does that mean she would no longer frown on vyres? xd
They're of Jishrim's influence, she'd likely still dislike them

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Wouldn't be fair for me to answer that officially. Who knows.