Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Questions and FAQ ]=-

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
SKINSHED
Divine: Jishrim.
Tier: 4
Action: Prayer.
Cost: 5SP
Duration: Up to six hours.
Spell: The blessed sheds their skin in a grotesque and horrifying manner to emerge as a large spider instead. They may scale walls in this form, as well as bite with fangs that are about three inches long and secrete a paralytic toxin into the bloodstream. Whilst the target will not become entirely paralysed they will become more sluggish, drained, and weak over a period of five minutes. For size comparisons, imagine their bodies are the same size as the human it came from, but now with eight extra legs that are big enough to support said body, not really much bigger than say, a horse. They must weave themselves a cocoon and re-hatch in order to return to their human form by the end of the six hours.

Although these spells aren't in effect yet. I'm wondering that while in spider-form, will the blessed be able to communicate in any way or shape? Additionally what happens if they do not shift back by the end of the sixth hour?

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I'll be making a thread for feedback on the new stuff eventually. Too much to do before I go back and review the older ones.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Bok'ra was revived with his missing arm replaced with a Moth arm. But... what exactly does a moth arm look like in this context?

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Yes, but it does have two little almost claws and some ability to grip... surfaces, I think. Need a moth expert here.

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
This kinda occurred to me in a chat but like... Why aren't there other gods based on seasons? Shally has spring as one of her mantles. But why doesn't other gods have seasons? Like... Skragg being Autumn since it's the season of decay. Plant life and stuff starts to wither and decay in the autumn. Ignis is summer because that is when the sun shines it's brightest, it's blazing hot. There's a passive that makes you warm. And Grey Lady being Winter due to all her ice and cold related spells. Not to mention the dead being as cold as winter. The passive for tier 3 is someone feels that you are cold related.

So yeah. Why don't other gods have seasons?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1603168652827.png

>Me: Mapping out how to represent domain of winter for GL
>Yuki: Sends a FAQ

Edit: (This is in humor, yes)

Last edited:

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
WATCHFUL GAZE
Tier
: 1
Action: Prayer, and the marking of a location in white chalk.
Cost: 2SP
Duration: Three days.
Spell: The caster marks out an area with the symbol of an eye at least as big as a palm, and they may close their own eyes to focus for several minutes and see through that symbol. They see in a black and white spectrum, but are unable to understand words spoken or hear anything. They may focus on it whenever they like, but the mark will fade after three days and must be recast.
If someone is to scratch/rub the chalk off the wall, or break the surface it's on, does the spell end?

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
Hello, I’d like to preface this by just saying that I appreciate all the work and dedication that goes into the divine system. I’m not ashamed to admit that the divine system is why I applied to HW in the first place, so I just want to say that I love the system and appreciate all that each person does for it.

Regarding changes from the Update Log on 12/19/2020 {X} I’ve spoken with some people and we have a few questions

1) How far in advanced are we supposed to notify divine staff if we intend to do a divination?

2) How are we supposed to notify you? Divine log, event post, or? And if it's an event post but it's a single person event where we are literally just doing a divination, do we still need to make an entire post for it?

3) It says we can only do divination monthly, which I asked if that meant the literal month or a number of days and found out it is 30 days. That makes it possible to have months with 31 days have two divinations, while February could possibly just not be possible to have a divination. Would it be easier for all of us if we could just have it once per literal month instead of every 30 days?

4) With the way Divinations are event oriented now, does this mean that we can have a conversation instead of just asking a question?

1) It says our divine profiles are to be more in depth, but to avoid meta, this is very difficult. Normally I'd just put more in depth descriptions on my divine log explaining it, but with divine profiles being public, this is not possible. However, with divine logs being made more concise and to the point, this isn't possible, thus it will be written vaguely in both places. I'm not sure how we should go about this type of divine activity now.

2) Regarding the 'weekly updates' I think there is some confusion as this implies we must post on our divine log once a week, which is more often than I usually post, and I know others are the same way. Are we really expected to make weekly updates to our divine logs or do you just mean don't post more than once a week? And if they are supposed to be once a week and we are unable to or have nothing to post for that week, what do we say?

I know this is a lot, and I apologize for that. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this and for all you do. I hope you have a great rest of your day and have a happy holiday!

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1. Try to contact us a few days in advance at least, so we can have a bit of an idea.

2. Contact us via the private forum conversation with the question itself. You don't need to make an event thread for a question if its just you but it would help keep things looking active overall so I'd still prefer it even if its very simple.

3. It's once per month and I'm fine if it's one on the 3rd week of a month and one on the first of the next. I'm not interesting in making it really specific with exact days, and I doubt any of you are. Just make a note on your profiles about it - 'Cast Divination for February'.

4. No, divination is one question, though some events may go on to explain more or less but that depends on the question and so on. Generally you ask one, though.

-

1. You are free to make a google doc of some sort to keep it all in depth, and when it comes up we can look in the doc or you can quote a part from it or so on. Divine threads can just be summaries and dates with little info to avoid meta, I just currently get a looooot of text in most posts, and I don't read it all because I can't. I know its good to keep it updated. You can even edit the first 'post' in your divine log to include everything (if thats possible) and update it, and then post your brief summaries weak week. Tideborne does something like this as an example, if he could post examples if he likes. : )

2. It isn't once per week required, it just means thats as often as you should be posting in the log itself - If you've nothing to post that week, thats okay! You dont have to post. I am simply avoiding cases of daily posting to lessen to alerts and so on.

===

Hopefully that covers most things. :)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I'm aware that mages can be cursed but with the new graces I would like to get this out of the way.

Can mages be graced?