Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Questions and FAQ ]=-

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
I'll chime in unofficially too before the main one-

Fully agree. Which is why those divine ground things already in place should be enforced. Violence of any kind isn't prohibited and you are locked out of the cathedral. That way the abusers are punished, and not the entire evil god worshipper base.
It's explicitly not an organization to criminalize worship of the evil gods or prevent it from happening in the cathedral, it's so those with tangible major crimes can be extradited. Evil god characters can still chill there, but those who've done real major crimes outside run the risk of the ecclesiarchy arresting them and sending them off to trial. There'll be high standards for that IC and OOC, and unless the enforcers have a real damn good faith-agnostic reason for imprisoning someone in the cathedral they're going to get in trouble. Dee pretty much got it in one, it's to prevent the cathedral from being a complete haven from IC consequence.

There's also the provision that they can't make arrests during scheduled sermons, so you can still host public events there regardless of legal history. There's the question of how long after a sermon that protection extends; I'm for the good-faith interpretation of 'you can do sermons here and not have a pack of hungry wolves around that'll arrest you immediately after you stop talking, but the rules otherwise still apply and you can't hang out there all day after a sermon with impunity.' Basically, you can do sermons with full protection, and as long as you vacate afterwards you should have a probable shot of getting away. We plan on adding some escape tunnels specifically for this as well, to help folk come and go discreetly.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
The main issue is linked to the OOC elements and not the IC ones. It isn't about some gods going against others, but the plethora of issues that have arisen as a result of my wording on 'no violence' being too vague and not in depth enough. HW is meant to be enjoyable for everyone, and so sometimes when things come up that makes a large majority upset I would like to consider how to help that. What frustrates and upsets people is that known murderers and/or torturers appear in the cathedral, not for a sermon, but for RP. This RP is not to have a friendly discussion with others of different faiths the vast majority of the time, and it ends up them being mocking (which I saw for myself, I've seen for myself before then too) and this antagonises and frustrates everyone else but they are unable to do a single thing about it. They could wait outside, but that isn't fair either, and the person within never comes out and in the past has been kept in there for days OOC which is also just not the solution here.

As Lannis said, the organisation is not going to just be able to hop in and arrest anyone for anything. If they slip up, then they're going to be slipping up against their own gods and that is enough encouragement for them to do things the right way. Tunnels and ways out will be also made to counter this new organisation, as said, and also so we don't find ourselves in situations where people wait outside. In time I will also likely be working on a bigger change in the pantheon, more IC as well, to try and move the 'evil' gods out of the main hub so we dont get into cases like this. But that isn't for a bit yet.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
It's explicitly not an organization to criminalize worship of the evil gods or prevent it from happening in the cathedral, it's so those with tangible major crimes can be extradited. Evil god characters can still chill there, but those who've done real major crimes outside run the risk of the ecclesiarchy arresting them and sending them off to trial. There'll be high standards for that IC and OOC, and unless the enforcers have a real damn good faith-agnostic reason for imprisoning someone in the cathedral they're going to get in trouble. Dee pretty much got it in one, it's to prevent the cathedral from being a complete haven from IC consequence.
Unless I misunderstand, these two statements contradict each other (i've colored them for reference). Evil god characters usually have major crimes and that's usually not a secret, at least as far as I'm aware. I would think this only really applies to evil characters who manage to keep their crimes secret (since it seems this is to combat crime IC, not worship.

Unless by "real major crimes outside" you specifically mean crimes immediately outside the cathedral? That would make sense I think?

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Unless I misunderstand, these two statements contradict each other (i've colored them for reference). Evil god characters usually have major crimes and that's usually not a secret, at least as far as I'm aware. I would think this only really applies to evil characters who manage to keep their crimes secret (since it seems this is to combat crime IC, not worship.

Unless by "real major crimes outside" you specifically mean crimes immediately outside the cathedral? That would make sense I think?
Nah, you're exactly correct in who it affects. Worshiping an evil god isn't grounds for arrest inside the cathedral, being a major criminal is, and the former doesn't presuppose the latter. I expect the change will predominantly affect worshipers of the evil gods, but it is because they as characters have done things that warrant consequence in RP, and not because of who they worship. Dee nailed it, the point is that the cathedral shouldn't be a haven from consequence, and this is an IC approach that doesn't shut them out entirely, but does add an element of risk to just hiding out in the cathedral.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
WATCHFUL GAZE
Divine
: Visage.
Tier: 1
Action: Prayer, and the marking of a location in white chalk.
Cost: 2SP
Duration: Three days.
Spell: The caster marks out an area with the symbol of an eye at least as big as a palm, and they may close their own eyes to focus for several minutes and see through that symbol. They see in a black and white spectrum, but are unable to understand words spoken or hear anything. They may focus on it whenever they like, but the mark will fade after three days and must be recast.

Can this spell be cast on something and then moved while still maintaining function, such as a cart or more extremely a shield that is wielded in combat.

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
ILLUSION II
Tier
: 2
Action: Prayer.
Duration: 30 minutes or until dispersed.
Spell: The caster can create an illusion of something no larger than a horse, capable of basic sounds but also able to give the brief impression of touch before it disperses. This includes the faint sting of a bite or stab, though it will leave no physical wounds. These illusions are capable of giving off as much light as a torch if desired. Up to two illusions may be active at a time, though will disperse into smoke if a more forceful touch is given with a delay of a minute. The caster is able to touch and hold them with no issue.

Can a person create an animal like a horse as an illusion and ride it? Given they're able to touch and hold it with no issue? And, further (I don't expect this to be a yes, but it's worth an ask), if they were to make an illusion of a flying mount, like a griffin, could they fly it?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
BANISH
Divine
: Grey Lady.
Tier: 3
Action: A vocal prayer.
Cost: 5SP
Duration: One day.
Spell: The caster banishes an entity in their general vicinity (yell chat range) with a commanding tone, forcing it into the Forgotten Realm for the next day. Time varies here, and it is up to the player or DM if they return after what feels like an IC month or less even if they are back in the middle of the Landing cathedral at the start of the next OOC day. This spell works on supernatural or otherworldly entities, including demons, vyres, lesser figments, and minions of Skraag. May only cast it on one entity per day, and not the same entity more than once in an OOC week.
Note: If a ghost or one of those types, it will re-appear to where it is confined.
'minions of Skraag' - Does this mean Skraag Blessed, or creatures/event npcs of Skraag?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
WATCHFUL GAZE
Divine
: Visage.
Tier: 1
Action: Prayer, and the marking of a location in white chalk.
Duration: Three days.
Spell: The caster marks out an area with the symbol of an eye at least as big as a palm, and they may close their own eyes to focus for several minutes and see through that symbol. They see in a black and white spectrum, but are unable to understand words spoken or hear anything. They may focus on it whenever they like, but the mark will fade after three days and must be recast.

Can this spell be cast on something and then moved while still maintaining function, such as a cart or more extremely a shield that is wielded in combat.
Yes, but consider if 'seen through' and its moving, the caster will feel some intense motion sickness and discomfort.

ILLUSION II
Tier
: 2
Action: Prayer.
Duration: 30 minutes or until dispersed.
Spell: The caster can create an illusion of something no larger than a horse, capable of basic sounds but also able to give the brief impression of touch before it disperses. This includes the faint sting of a bite or stab, though it will leave no physical wounds. These illusions are capable of giving off as much light as a torch if desired. Up to two illusions may be active at a time, though will disperse into smoke if a more forceful touch is given with a delay of a minute. The caster is able to touch and hold them with no issue.

Can a person create an animal like a horse as an illusion and ride it? Given they're able to touch and hold it with no issue? And, further (I don't expect this to be a yes, but it's worth an ask), if they were to make an illusion of a flying mount, like a griffin, could they fly it?
No, the idea is that they can touch and hold things but too much pressure will break the illusion.

'minions of Skraag' - Does this mean Skraag Blessed, or creatures/event npcs of Skraag?
Can be used on either.

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
If someone has charmed themselves to look different, and go by a fake name, does a cast of divine word still go through to the sender? If not, would the caster still feel the spell had casted but does not know if they retrieved the message?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
It still goes through to the being the sender is sending it to - It does not rely on appearance, only their true name iirc. You know the spell is sent, but as for it being 'retrieved' that is uncertain until they respond, if they do.

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
It still goes through to the being the sender is sending it to - It does not rely on appearance, only their true name iirc. You know the spell is sent, but as for it being 'retrieved' that is uncertain until they respond, if they do.
Understood, and if you send a message to someone knowing only their fake name which your presume is their real name. Then it is sent and no idea if they got it?

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
The caster must know the name and face of the target they commune with
For all those people wearing masks and going by aliases, I would also like to know how this works. Does the spell still go through? Or does it fizzle out because you don't know their name or face?

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
For all those people wearing masks and going by aliases, I would also like to know how this works. Does the spell still go through? Or does it fizzle out because you don't know their name or face?
Understood, and if you send a message to someone knowing only their fake name which your presume is their real name. Then it is sent and no idea if they got it?
Just going to bump these questions if that's not terribly annoying.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Apologies on missing these- I'll have a chat with the team and get the spell edited to be more clear

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
ACOLYTE OF UNDEATH
Divine
: Skraag.
Action: Ten minutes of ritual prayer with blood anointed upon the target, with one hour of maintained contact.
Cost: 6SP
Duration: Permanent until the links are broken.
Spell: The caster imparts upon their target a physical stasis, a band of dark green marking around each wrist like tattooing. So long as both these links are unbroken, their body will never age nor grow, remaining as it was upon the spell being cast. It also will never heal, and any wounds sustained must be healed through magical means or [UNHALLOWED FLESH]. They are also immune to all mortal diseases and ailments, as their body is in effect dead and they are suspended simply through the will of themselves and their god. They are classed as a Lich, a state of undeath but not a type easily removed from spells of other deities.
Note: The spell is broken if the links are, and they can be cut through by simply cutting into the flesh over the band, or even the more drastic removal of the hand above the marking. 'Magical means' includes Formistry.

The spell classifies you as a Lich and your body "is in effect dead". Does that mean those under this spell do not have to sleep, eat, or drink because they are in a state of stasis and considered "dead"?

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
ACOLYTE OF UNDEATH
Divine
Action: Ten minutes of ritual prayer with blood anointed upon the target, with one hour of maintained contact.
Spell: The caster imparts upon their target a physical stasis, a band of dark green marking around each wrist like tattooing. So long as both these links are unbroken, their body will never age nor grow, remaining as it was upon the spell being cast. It also will never heal, and any wounds sustained must be healed through magical means or [UNHALLOWED FLESH]. They are also immune to all mortal diseases and ailments, as their body is in effect dead and they are suspended simply through the will of themselves and their god. They are classed as a Lich, a state of undeath but not a type easily removed from spells of other deities.
Note: The spell is broken if the links are, and they can be cut through by simply cutting into the flesh over the band, or even the more drastic removal of the hand above the marking. 'Magical means' includes Formistry.

The spell classifies you as a Lich and your body "is in effect dead". Does that mean those under this spell do not have to sleep, eat, or drink because they are in a state of stasis and considered "dead"?
Bumping, very curious to if it does apply the status effect of the T3 passive based on the wording of being "dead".

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
ACOLYTE OF UNDEATH
Divine

Sorry for the wait. Yes, those under the spell no longer need to sleep/eat/drink. :)

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
This question is in relation to the somewhat recent update about divine-focused limb repair (Yeah I know, super late to the party). Since Shallherana worshippers are able to repair things such as legs and arms, I was curious about Skraagites being able to do the same through a different process, such as stitching a dead limb back onto the maimed area? I figure if both parties are gonna be the main forms of revival after Life is retaken perhaps both should have the capacity to heal limb removal.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
This question is in relation to the somewhat recent update about divine-focused limb repair (Yeah I know, super late to the party). Since Shallherana worshippers are able to repair things such as legs and arms, I was curious about Skraagites being able to do the same through a different process, such as stitching a dead limb back onto the maimed area? I figure if both parties are gonna be the main forms of revival after Life is retaken perhaps both should have the capacity to heal limb removal.
Bumping

Last edited: