Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Questions and FAQ ]=-

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Just a quick question of curiosity and interest that arose with my RP with Maebh:

BOND OF LOVE
Divine
: Sallana.
Tier: 2
Action: Prayer & Touch.
Cost: 4 SP
Duration: Permanent.
Spell: The blessed may form a bond with another that heightens their feelings of love for one another, but also enables both individuals to know if the other has come to harm or fallen sick. This bond forms a golden marking around the left wrist that remains until they fall out of love or it is dispelled by the blessed. Can only be used on a target that has feelings for the blessed, be it romantic or familial.

Would an Animancer be able to see or sense this spell, despite the glow, given its emotional / soul-like connection?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Not exactly. They'd know there was a somewhat heightened emotion of love regarding their significant other, but the 'love' is not in the marking itself.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
INTO THE VOID
Divine
: Jishrim.
Tier: 4
Action: A prayer uttered as they smear blood upon the boundaries.
Cost: 7SP
Duration: One day.
Spell: The blessed marks an archway, doorway, or general opening similar in size with the blood and a [WATCHFUL TOTEM] forms before it. The totem will not take up any slots, nor will it rot away unless the archway is destroyed as well. The archway itself becomes a dark void in which only those Blessed of Jishrim may enter, leading to a piece of Jishrim’s domain that, whilst safe for occasional meetings, will wear upon their own sanity when used. They can use other archways to leave through but if this is used as a quick way to go from A to B or as a prolonged hiding spot, they will suffer the wrath of Jishrim for taking advantage of his domain.
Are the "other" archways something thats created by other blesseds or are they already in place for a blessed to pick and leave from?

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
This is a general question. With the easier accessibility to successful summonings that allow to ask questions and even have a conversation with messengers, what is the future of the Divination spell? I know changing that to a T3 spell was a major change for some, but now it seems to have sort of lost its use, as I know those under T3 (as I kinda did this myself) can simply summon and have an even better conversation than what it was before (which is great!). Can summoning be deemed important and strong enough to get those answers even if you aren't T3 or has it just kinda gone lax and essentially anyone can "cast" divination now?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Are the "other" archways something thats created by other blesseds or are they already in place for a blessed to pick and leave from?
I'll get something edited to the spell, I realise it doesn't specify

This is a general question. With the easier accessibility to successful summonings that allow to ask questions and even have a conversation with messengers, what is the future of the Divination spell? I know changing that to a T3 spell was a major change for some, but now it seems to have sort of lost its use, as I know those under T3 (as I kinda did this myself) can simply summon and have an even better conversation than what it was before (which is great!). Can summoning be deemed important and strong enough to get those answers even if you aren't T3 or has it just kinda gone lax and essentially anyone can "cast" divination now?
If you cast actual Divination you're granted an Angel/Archangel/God response depending on tier - Which is generally more impactful than messengers and signs. We've been a bit lax on it, giving people at tiers 1+2 something more lately but those aren't guaranteed.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Is it possible to have dual divine regions? Like divine regions of two different gods?

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Is it possible to have dual divine regions? Like divine regions of two different gods?
One region can't host two different gods' divine regions, no. It wouldn't go down well, even if the two gods were allied.

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
ILLUSION 1
Spell: The caster creates a small illusion that is no larger than a dog, capable of emitting basic sounds but disperses into smoke upon being touched (or touching a living thing) by anything aside from the caster themselves. It has the ability to give off no more light than a candle, regardless of if it is an illusory campfire. Up to two illusions may be active at a time.

If I did an illusion of a mirror, would it reflect like a normal one would? Same going with any illusion that had 'glass' or reflective material like metal.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
ILLUSION 1
Spell: The caster creates a small illusion that is no larger than a dog, capable of emitting basic sounds but disperses into smoke upon being touched (or touching a living thing) by anything aside from the caster themselves. It has the ability to give off no more light than a candle, regardless of if it is an illusory campfire. Up to two illusions may be active at a time.

If I did an illusion of a mirror, would it reflect like a normal one would? Same going with any illusion that had 'glass' or reflective material like metal.
I would say yes, but it is the caster that is having to think up the reflection. So there is the possibility that the mirror behaves oddly because the Caster cannot picture the reflection how it should look exactly. Basically, it works but more often than not its a bit of a give away that there is an illusion and it might be safer to not. A dangerous play, to say the least.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Im not staff but I think tier 3 spell should kick tier 2 spell's butt.
Whilst normally I would agree, I do not know.
Lana would still be undead, a 'lich' as the spell states-- and her love for Linden is still very much there. I do not know for certain however if the golden glow spell will still be there, as I do not know if it works on undead. It is a very strange place. I do not know if it has anything to do with tiers, nor do I know if Sallana allows her spell to work on an undead ._.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
They can both be active on her at the same time, but unfortunately for Linden it means he can tell her body is in some state of death, and I dont imagine that is pleasant. Casting this on dead things likely does not work, but Acolytes arent entirely dead and this was cast before that occured anyway.

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
Visage; Feast of Whispers
Plates and glasses form of cracked glass, though smooth enough to act as if they are unbroken, with utensils of simple silver. It forms upon a type of thin sea fog that only disperses when the spell ends. Foods from all cultures are found on this table, not sitting to any one type. The drinks vary.

Can this be interpetid to have a drink of blood if, say, a Vyre worshipper of Visage casted this, or said worshipper was casting it *for* a Vyre? Or is this only for mortals?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Visage; Feast of Whispers
Plates and glasses form of cracked glass, though smooth enough to act as if they are unbroken, with utensils of simple silver. It forms upon a type of thin sea fog that only disperses when the spell ends. Foods from all cultures are found on this table, not sitting to any one type. The drinks vary.

Can this be interpetid to have a drink of blood if, say, a Vyre worshipper of Visage casted this, or said worshipper was casting it *for* a Vyre? Or is this only for mortals?
I'm fine if it makes blood because it's generally able to come up with any beverage

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
I'm fine if it makes blood because it's generally able to come up with any beverage
Great! How much would we say per meal, for pint counting? What is so desired from the individual?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
It comes up with a mix, some wine, some ale, and up to one goblet of blood (lets say 500ml)

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
Wasn't sure for Vyre or Divine FAQ, I'm sure either work.

Psychophysiological ||Nobles become paler and their eyes change from whatever it naturally was to a mix of red and that natural color.

and

T1 Aesthetic - They can change their eye colour to be any other natural colour applicable to their race at will. This does not replace or remove other effects to the eyes (Vyre, Spiritblessed).

So, what I assume from this is, as a Kaltic man, my guy genetically could've had Blue, Green or Brown eyes. Would this mean that I could change my eye colours from the 'natural' violet/purple it is, then yellow, then maroon?

Last edited:

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
For Mirror Mimicry, visij t1 spell,

Spell: The caster blesses a mirror to become a mimic for any natural sound, so long as it is something the caster has experienced themselves.

Do voices count for this? Could entire sentences, words and voice of someone else be put into the mirror?
Does the throat produce natural sound, I guess, lol.