Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Questions&Answers

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Curious of something to do with the High Church of Altera, or even the great Pantheon?

Then this would be the place for you! For not only will questions be answered, but both query and answer shall be listed below for the viewers convenience.

Please keep in mind that anything regarding spoiler-sensitive material won't be fully explained, in the interests of keeping mysteries fresh and the adventure fun. Despite that, all manner of questions are welcomed - I can never fault anyone for trying!

Michcat

Q&A so far:

-
I'll go first! I know this is related to in game knowledge/actions so I don't mind if it's not answered, but after reading through the pantheon descriptions.

Firstly, how well known are the exact tenants of the Gods, are these something we'll learn in character during the event, or would they already be something being spread in Churches associated with each deity?

Secondly, how closely are those who worship these Gods, particularly those seeking to be exalted have to follow the exact tenants of the Gods. Say for Rahas, would the person be better suited as one who holds no status and refuses to hold it? Or for Crusade someone who revels in war much as Crusade does?

Thanks in advance, regardless of how little you can tell me!
Michcat said:
For your first question: I would say both! For a more definitive variable- They aren't very well known at the moment IC, but it is my hope they soon will be.

Secondly: That is one of those things I need to leave for in-character discovery, but I'm more then happy to link you to one of the paths you can discover such :D
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/it-all-needs-to-start-somewhere.30261/
-

Mentioned this to you in a Skype chat and I think you said it'd be touched upon, but will former Inquisitors (of the previous 'official' server organization) have any perks or drawbacks - based on old actions - with this new Inquisition and such, or will it end up essentially being a clean slate for those still interested IC?
Michcat said:
A clean slate for those still interested- And as for perks or drawbacks, that depends on how they develop in RP! I definitely have a system to add such things for the Inquisition, but I'd rather these things be 'earned', so to speak :D
-

Since the exalted application form kinda confuses me now:

Did I understand it right yesterday that there will be 1 Exalted/High Priest for Each god in the different Church Organizations we have?
(Sorry Just woke up and am still under coffee deprivation ><)
So its not 1 per Church as I understood it yesterday?
@DraconDarknight As I took it, each Exalted is basically a pope of the god: They're chosen from all of the god's devout and act as the highest representative of said god. You can be from any number of denominations of the god's church, and still get picked. For example, the current Pope is a Jesuit, but the last one wasn't. Both were archbishops at one point in their respective domiciles, but both are also below the Pope.
-

Does the Grand Inquisitor have a seat on the council? If so, to what extent does he get to have a say in things?
Michcat said:
You can easily find the answer to this in these three threads :D
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-inquisition.30217/
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-high-council.30216/
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-exalted-high-council.30222/

And if you're not a fan of reading- Aye. Aye, the Grand Inquisitor does.
-

If an exalted summoning has a 50% increased chance of successful summoning. . . combined with the 50% of holy ground.

Does that make it 100%? or is it a multiplication of a base chance?
Michcat said:
Its a multiplication of base chance, but if an Exalted tries to call upon a deity on that divines holy ground, you would be veeeery hard pressed for something like that to fail :D
-

Do all exalted have to get along with one another? I mean, if two rivals both become Exalted, do they have to drop all former rivalries and get along, or can they feud?

What I'm trying to ask, is will the Exalted be able to make awesome political RP involving backstabbing/alliances/feuds between themselves?

Also, will the actions of the Exalted impact the Gods themselves? For example, if John and Mick hate each other, and go for an all out "I'm going to get all my people to try and kill your people", will the Gods change their opinions on the other parties God?

My wording is best wording.

-K9
Michcat said:
Awesome political RP involving backstabbing/alliances/fueds? HELL YEAH.
The only place where Exalted are asked to get along is when they have to meet as the High Council (for adding/subtracting to the Divine Law, choosing a High Inquisitor, etc.). For this, it does say in the divine law that both mortal and deity are to respect the Grand Shrine as neutral grounds- So, extrapolating from that... :D

The actions of the Exalted reflect the Divines themselves. However- this responsibility will have dire consequences (IC consequences only, of course) if the character misuses em. John and Mick would likely be influenced by their gods in which Exalted they really, really hate.
-

two questions directly pertaining to Vermella (one-track mind gaby):

1) is the Cloak of Vermella not a divine artifact because it's technically nonmagical, even if it had a divine source and unnatural construction?

2) do I simply write down a copy of my Followers of Vermella thread to have it in the High Church of Altera forums, or should I ask you to move it there?
Michcat said:
1. Like other articles, it needs a re-blessing to be listed.

2. Put it wherever your heart desires!
-

So no one can complain about not knowing where to find it:

How to read divine laws?
Michcat said:
In the big fat spawn cathedral :D
-

Last edited:

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
I'll go first! I know this is related to in game knowledge/actions so I don't mind if it's not answered, but after reading through the pantheon descriptions.

Firstly, how well known are the exact tenants of the Gods, are these something we'll learn in character during the event, or would they already be something being spread in Churches associated with each deity?

Secondly, how closely are those who worship these Gods, particularly those seeking to be exalted have to follow the exact tenants of the Gods. Say for Rahas, would the person be better suited as one who holds no status and refuses to hold it? Or for Crusade someone who revels in war much as Crusade does?

Michcat

For your first question: I would say both! For a more definitive variable- They aren't very well known at the moment IC, but it is my hope they soon will be.

Secondly: That is one of those things I need to leave for in-character discovery, but I'm more then happy to link you to one of the paths you can discover such :D
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/it-all-needs-to-start-somewhere.30261/

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

Did I understand it right yesterday that there will be 1 Exalted/High Priest for Each god in the different Church Organizations we have?

Michcat

There will be one Exalted for each Divine, aye! And they can come from anywhere and anyones organization, just to clarify.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
@DraconDarknight As I took it, each Exalted is basically a pope of the god: They're chosen from all of the god's devout and act as the highest representative of said god. You can be from any number of denominations of the god's church, and still get picked. For example, the current Pope is a Jesuit, but the last one wasn't. Both were archbishops at one point in their respective domiciles, but both are also below the Pope.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Mentioned this to you in a Skype chat and I think you said it'd be touched upon, but will former Inquisitors (of the previous 'official' server organization) have any perks or drawbacks - based on old actions - with this new Inquisition and such, or will it end up essentially being a clean slate for those still interested IC?

Michcat

A clean slate for those still interested- And as for perks or drawbacks, that depends on how they develop in RP! I definitely have a system to add such things for the Inquisition, but I'd rather these things be 'earned', so to speak :D

Michcat

Michcat

Oh- I did read 'em, but I suppose th' information got lost over the various new threads that've been made. Thank you for the short and concise answer, though!
Heh, you have no idea- Three times I was worried I accidentally wrote "jishrim" instead of "rahas" or something

Gregor

Lord of Altera
If an exalted summoning has a 50% increased chance of successful summoning. . . combined with the 50% of holy ground.

Michcat

Its a multiplication of base chance, but if an Exalted tries to call upon a deity on that divines holy ground, you would be veeeery hard pressed for something like that to fail :D

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Do all exalted have to get along with one another? I mean, if two rivals both become Exalted, do they have to drop all former rivalries and get along, or can they feud?

What I'm trying to ask, is will the Exalted be able to make awesome political RP involving backstabbing/alliances/feuds between themselves?

Also, will the actions of the Exalted impact the Gods themselves? For example, if John and Mick hate each other, and go for an all out "I'm going to get all my people to try and kill your people", will the Gods change their opinions on the other parties God?

-K9

Michcat

-K9
Awesome political RP involving backstabbing/alliances/fueds? HELL YEAH.
The only place where Exalted are asked to get along is when they have to meet as the High Council (for adding/subtracting to the Divine Law, choosing a High Inquisitor, etc.). For this, it does say in the divine law that both mortal and deity are to respect the Grand Shrine as neutral grounds- So, extrapolating from that... :D

The actions of the Exalted reflect the Divines themselves. However- this responsibility will have dire consequences (IC consequences only, of course) if the character misuses em. John and Mick would likely be influenced by their gods in which Exalted they really, really hate.

Edit: Of course, specifics will always be determined by the roleplay events and progression.