Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Questions for Councilwoman Sicarus-Freyr

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend

1622800527249.png
Credit:
x

Good day to you, ladies and gentlemen of Storm's Landing,

I once again wish to thank you for your attendance yesterday, as well as your continued support.
As I unfortunately had to depart before I could answer free questions, I would like to offer this opportunity right away.
It will take place in front of the Town Hall where we had gathered yesterday.

To reiterate my responses to yesterday's inquiries by our most generous forum moderator.
1. I believe that a restructure of the guard force, which was recently approved, will be fundamental in protecting the Landing and its people in the future.
By ensuring that the guard is capable of dealing with these threats efficiently, we will make leaps into the right direction. Candidate Khrarstein made a splendid
proposal of creating watch towers and spreading the guard presence across barracks, instead of focusing it in one point. I praise him for this, and look forward to helping see it through.
We have Storm's Landing in a much better shape than it was, and must now focus on city security to better the conditions and safety further.

2. Vyres are not a danger in and of themselves. They can be dangerous, but so can anyone with a bow or sword. As long as they do not commit crimes, I do not
think we should treat them any different. As long as they can control their state of being, we should focus on helping those while condemning the harmful few.
If you treat someone like a lesser being just for being what they are, you will harvest nothing but animosity. Although I do agree that the rise in such should be kept in mind,
as an increase in anything will lead to an increase in the harmful few among them. But this is, of course, true for any group.

3. Storm's Landing definitely needs to fulfil the base need for education. There are plans for a sanctuary that could provide such, initiated by honourable Orro.
Storm's Landing has no room for any university the size of The Compendium or Frostwarts, but that does not mean education cannot be provided.
By suggesting for it to be added to the sanctuary or by expanding upon the library, we can meet this desire without incurring additional costs.
The less the Council has to spend building it, the more can be spared for the education itself. Whether it comes from the money I put aside,
or the Council's funding, I think these two options will provide the most efficient and robust system. I was glad to hear that candidate
Khrarstein said such about the library as well, and will look forward to the project being completed. I must also commend Councilman Elsattir
for his agreement to my suggestion regarding education; to see if some of the knowledgeable from Frostwarts would be willing to also supply
their knowledge and wisdom to those of the Landing. I will see where this route takes us, and look favourably upon its potential.

I would like to personally invite Councilmen Ardaric and Doggett to this occasion, so they can ask questions about the third point specifically.
In all their haste of adding their names to an idea coming from Councilman Elsattir and myself, in future collaboration with Headmaster Kadhab of Frostwarts,
they forgot to add substance to their claims of having an idea regarding education in the Landing. They claimed Councilman Elsattir was part of their idea,
in an attempt to force him to back up their claim or be ridiculed. I can assure all that Councilman Elsattir has your best interests at heart.
They are most welcome to ask questions about our idea. I would, however, suggest neither grab their weapons when a candidate or councilmember walk close by,
nor refer to them as soulless monsters. I apologize for Doggett's statement of "That metal thing down there does not even have a soul",
unless he suddenly changes his mind next time he appears in public, and welcome any and all peaceful individuals to attend this joyous event.
Questions are most welcome, but please do keep it civil. Treat others like you would have them treat you.
May we continue to work towards a better Storm's Landing.

Signed sincerely,
Councilwoman Sicarus-Freyr

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend

This should be from 3-5pm EST, folks

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
12 minutes until I move over to SL for this

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Slight delay, but I'll just be sitting there for about 2-3 hours for whomever has questions for Milah