Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Qwelled's Application - Approved Bartooliinii

Qwel

Legend of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

Qwelled

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
U.S.A.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC knowledge to gain an IC advantage for a character. (Tracking down an artifact holder OOC using the Dynmap would be a great example.)
Powergaming tends towards two different definitions. One is power emoting, where you include an action and the consequence of that action being successful in the same emote without allowing for reaction. (Qwelled reaches for his sword and lunges forward as he unsheathes it, slashing his opponent in the gut in one fluid motion.) Another example would be the acquisition of an unreasonable amount of skill with minimal or no training. (Things like starting off as a master swordsman without RP training.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Bartooliinii

8. Tell us about yourself!
Not all that much to say. I feel I'm a pretty average guy in a lot of respects. I'm quite interested in various types of literature, and I've recently been enjoying The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Other than that, my hobbies would include listening to music and playing video games, usually turn-based strategy games or RPGs like Skyrim. I like to think I'm a pretty mellow person.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I came onto this server a while back, but I was dewhitelisted for inactivity. I believe I initially found it through a Google search.

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Adrik Aranore.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf.

Appearance:
Standing at 4'8" tall and weighing 162 lbs., Adrik has a reasonably athletic build as a result of years of labor, though he clearly hasn't been training his body in any meaningful way. Most of the hair on his body is on his face, with an impressive beard that covers nearly all of his face all the way to where the hair on the back of his head grows. On the top of his head, there is a strip of hair that he has let grow out, which he has pulled back and bound in a ponytail. He wears golden earrings on both of his ears, the closest his garb comes to being extravagant. Everything else, you can see below.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(I'm probably going to get MPM shortly before starting up the server. I figured it would be better to show the base skin.)

Written Test!
The tavern was loud tonight. The fire crackled at the end of the room, jubilant patrons ordered their favorite drinks as the bartender bustled behind the counter, hearty conversation between lifelong friends filled the room, drunks slammed their mugs on their table as they let out a long, hot breath. The sounds mingled together into an indistinct drone that assaulted Adrik's ears, almost louder than his own thoughts.

Adrik slams his mug of ale down on the counter, grimacing at the taste and scowling at nothing in particular. "Korog ghul burd, when's t'e last time I enjoyed any o' t'is piss water? Can't even get drunk off it if it keeps gettin' watered down." He looks around at the other patrons, frowning. Everyone else seemed to enjoy it, which only served to increase the bitterness of the taste in his mouth. "Gods, I wish Rurik were here... We were s'posed t' make somet'ing o' ourselves."

Adrik twists his body and massages his shoulders for a bit, but they still ached like hell. A day of back-breaking work at the docks would do that to anyone. Hauling cargo indiscriminately, practically setting his muscles aflame for twelve hours a day, all for mediocre pay at the end of the day that he inevitably wasted on booze. It wasn't even interesting work, which Adrik sometimes thought was the worst of it. Doing the same thing, day after day after day, without end.

He sighs, and leaves the drink unfinished, setting some coins beside the glass for the bartender to pick up later. His coinpurse was almost empty, and the day was almost over, the sun barely over the horizon, its colors leaking out onto the ocean, forming a beautiful mural of orange and blue. Adrik stared for a minute or so before losing interest, deciding to head out into the city and wander the streets. Passing many run-down residential houses and the occasional storefront, he eventually finds himself at a small library, and heads inside.

It was quiet. The library was empty except for a kindly-looking librarian and a quiet young lad. The shelves were only half-filled with books, and it looked as though many of them were in poor condition. Adrik walked past the librarian and browsed the shelves for a bit, finding most of them of little interest. There was one book, though. Fantastic Dwarves and Where to Find Them. Adrik knew Horgaahn, and his parents told him enough of his race, but he never really knew many more than them and Rurik... He flips through the book for a while, and smiles, for the first time that day. He doesn't finish the book, and starts to head out, before something catches his eye. A flyer.

"Frostwarts - School of Many Things!" "New Term!" "Treasure Hunt!" Adrik never considered himself an intellectual, but this appealed to him. Maybe it was just because the alternative was back-breaking labor, but he was more than willing to leave this place behind and try to use his head, for a change. He leaves everything as he found it, and heads out to the docks. Tomorrow, he'd be leaving them behind. Maybe he'd sleep better tonight.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey there Qwel! Cool to see you read up on the lore and on some of the activities going on at the moment. Your written test looked good, let's welcome you back on!
I'm not on now, so I'll get someone else to put in the commands to whitelist ya!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.