Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Race Strength Scale

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
This is being posted by me as a player, not a staff member. This is by no means a canon list, but I see a lot of race strength confusion among players and staff alike, so I decided to see if I could make a very simple way to keep a numbered scale that makes sense and shows some hierarchy of the strength of the races.

Having considered a simple 1-10 scale, this is what I’ve decided to use to keep race strengths straight in my head. A very simple numerical system that no one is obliged to regard, but keeps things relatively easy for comparison. This is a 1-10 numerical scale of the races which outlines their basic strengths at either extreme, without going into terrible specifics such as how much weight they can lift. This is pretty much my head canon for where each race would sit based on the lore.

Caparii - Given they have three very different sub races with different similarities to other races, this is the only race I’ll go more in depth with, they just match the closest next race according to lore.
  • Lighthoof - 3-5
  • Greathorn - 5-8
  • The Reds - 4-7

Dwarves - 5-8 (They short but they stocky)

Elves - 3-5

Halflings - 2-4

Humans - 4-7

Makani - 3-5

Halfspawn - 5-8

Earthspawn - 7-10

Greylings - 2-4

Nakam - 4-7

In general, I think of things like vyres adding at least a +2 to the base. So if a human with a strength of 7 becomes a vyre, they’d go up to a 9. I’d say a Earth spirit blessed would go up +3 since they’re terrifically strong. (In any case I'm not putting anyone/thing over 10 and that's where the scale would stop)

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
This is being posted by me as a player, not a staff member. This is by no means a canon list, but I see a lot of race strength confusion among players and staff alike, so I decided to see if I could make a very simple way to keep a numbered scale that makes sense and shows some hierarchy of the strength of the races.

Having considered a simple 1-10 scale, this is what I’ve decided to use to keep race strengths straight in my head. A very simple numerical system that no one is obliged to regard, but keeps things relatively easy for comparison. This is a 1-10 numerical scale of the races which outlines their basic strengths at either extreme, without going into terrible specifics such as how much weight they can lift. This is pretty much my head canon for where each race would sit based on the lore.

Caparii - Given they have three very different sub races with different similarities to other races, this is the only race I’ll go more in depth with, they just match the closest next race according to lore.
  • Lighthoof - 3-5
  • Greathorn - 5-8
  • The Reds - 4-7

Dwarves - 5-8 (They short but they stocky)

Elves - 3-5

Halflings - 2-4

Humans - 4-7

Makani - 3-5

Halfspawn - 5-8

Earthspawn - 7-10

Greylings - 2-4

Nakam - 4-7

In general, I think of things like vyres adding at least a +2 to the base. So if a human with a strength of 7 becomes a vyre, they’d go up to a 9. I’d say a Earth spirit blessed would go up +3 since they’re terrifically strong. (In any case I'm not putting anyone/thing over 10 and that's where the scale would stop)

Halflings should be 1-2. Don't be nice

Baron2537

Lord of Altera
*Glances at all the elves who flexes muscles, wears armor and fights with melee weaponry.* Uh huh...
I'll just assume you mean from an all out strength perspective, because melee weaponry can also be used from a dexterous or agile angle. Which is where Elves are supposed to reside. As for Armor, armor is armor. You don't have to be peak strength to wear armor, even plate.

As for this post, Kam. I think it's solid!

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Individual character differences far outweigh any sort of baseline established as such, generally speaking. I've played very strong elves, and remarkably weak dwarves.

Insofar as applied in contexts where combat is concerned, stamina is more important than strength as far as physicality goes. If you have a massive hammer that's too slow then you're going to miss everything, or it be too heavy for you to pull off actual fighting techniques, risk of breakage, and... well, the problems with an oversized or overheavy weapon should sort of be self-evident. Not that they would be unusuable, mind you: but even if elves are on average much weaker than earthspawn, which in that particular case they probably are, they would just use different arms and armor.

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
Look. I meant it as in, yeah, elves are meant to be weaker but what male elf really plays their character weak if they're not magic or non combat?

Baron2537

Lord of Altera
Look. I meant it as in, yeah, elves are meant to be weaker but what male elf really plays their character weak if they're not magic or non combat?
Allow me to introduce you to Cassian. lol. Physically not a very strong man. Precision and agility. No magic. Certainly wasn't afraid of combat in the right scenario.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
From my knowledge, it’s not weak as much as it is not-bulky. An Elf can be strong enough, but an elf at peak-strength is weaker than a human at peak-strength. Combat-wise, as Blarg said, strength isn’t the only factor. Also, Elves trade muscle mass/bulk for a lithe form; more agility and such.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
*Glances at all the elves who flexes muscles, wears armor and fights with melee weaponry.* Uh huh...
I'll just assume you mean from an all out strength perspective, because melee weaponry can also be used from a dexterous or agile angle. Which is where Elves are supposed to reside. As for Armor, armor is armor. You don't have to be peak strength to wear armor, even plate.

As for this post, Kam. I think it's solid!
Individual character differences far outweigh any sort of baseline established as such, generally speaking. I've played very strong elves, and remarkably weak dwarves.

Insofar as applied in contexts where combat is concerned, stamina is more important than strength as far as physicality goes. If you have a massive hammer that's too slow then you're going to miss everything, or it be too heavy for you to pull off actual fighting techniques, risk of breakage, and... well, the problems with an oversized or overheavy weapon should sort of be self-evident. Not that they would be unusuable, mind you: but even if elves are on average much weaker than earthspawn, which in that particular case they probably are, they would just use different arms and armor.
When I wrote this, I was coming from a place where the lore speaks specifically about strength and physiology and how I tend to rank the races in my head. I'm not pointing at any one example, it's just supposed to be a rather simple guide based on the lore as it's written. That said, I'm only counting pure brawny strength since anything more is definitely dependent on each individual.

Halflings should be 1-2. Don't be nice
I like being nice.