Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

rama's Application [Approved-Ayda]

rama

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
rodophita

2. How old are you?
I'm the dancing queen~ Young and sweet~ Only 17!

3. What country are you from?
America.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Oh yeah. Quick note: there's no reference for the value of things in the Economy section. Is a loaf of bread worth 10 radiants? Or 40? That seems like the kind of thing that should be added.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming's supplementing your character's knowledge with your own. Powergaming's assuming another character's actions/response without their consent.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Does anyone allow them? Well, apart from those hardcore anarchy servers. (Those are scary.) Anyways, no you don't.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Yo, I'm rama, 17-year-old Living Blob Of Anxiety(TM). I'm a lesbian- I'm stating this outright 'cause I've gotten negative reactions before, and that's kiiind of a dealbreaker, not gonna lie. Anyways, I like baking and writing, as evidenced by my existing here. Sometimes I draw, but not really that often. I'm not competitive at all, and I'm more of a follower than a leader, so I'd describe myself as pretty laid-back. I'm very passionate about the things I love, though- like the Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls games, the fate/ series, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not sure what else to write, sorry- I hope this is enough?

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nope.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Google's my bestest friend.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.

Character Name:
Magnolia

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Magnolia is a rather short girl, with black hair and very dark brown skin. She's got a bit of a babyface going on, but not too much- it's clear she hasn't eaten that well in a while. If you were feeling particularly uncharitable, you could describe her figure as mannish: she's got broad shoulders, and an unfavorably flat chest. Her dressing seems to compensate for this, though, with loose, pale-colored dresses in soft yellows and dainty blues, and protective white aprons draped over that. Her hair is long, down to her mid-back, and done into thick, neat rope twists with the shine and color of raven feathers. Her clothes and hair are clean and well-cared for- her appearance and presentation matters to her, and it shows.

Mags, as she's often called, carries herself loosely, with cheerful and open body language. She frequently supplements her speech with hand gestures, and every emotion she feels suffuses her whole body- she jumps with joy, dances with excitement, laughs 'til she cries. Her confidence is memorable in its entirety.

Written Test!
Ooh, it was a miserable night to be stuck outside. Last day of Stormwind, and it was making itself known with a fury. Hail rained down in unforgiving lashes of ice, wind clawed at your skin into the bone. The chill of Frost's season had sunk deep into the earth, the walls- only the largest of fires could chase it away.

Good, then, that Magnolia's inn had one of those fires. The Sellsword's Safehaven had few customers: most were home, or not foolish enough to travel during Frost. Still, customers there were- just the one, actually- and so a customer she would serve.

"A drink and a hot meal, then?" she asked, coming to a stop just behind the hooded stranger, and tilting her head quizzically. "Or just company and a room for the night?"

The wanderer turned to her and lifted his hood, revealing an old elf- crow's-feet around his eyes, shorn hair silvered with age, a scar striking through one eye. "All three, if I might." His voice was rough, as if hewn from the same metal of the dark earring he wore. "What'll it be?"

"Fifty radiants, if you please. Minus the room- a night as cold as this, it's courting cruelty to ask for payment for that." She served herself and the wanderer each a bowl of mashed potatoes and heavily spiced beef, and then two mugs of ale. She hadn't eaten, herself, and he looked friendly enough so as to not mind company. Magnolia walked back to the wanderer, and set down the food and drinks, pocketing the ten-piece coins set down on the table.

"I hope you don't mind some conversation- I haven't eaten supper, yet. My name's Magnolia, but please, call me Mags." She leaned back in her wooden chair, humming with pleasure around a bite of her meal.

The traveller huffed out an amused breath through his nose. "Ah, I don't mind. It's been a while since I've had a good conversation, I'm sad to say. Life on the open road is free, but lonely, at times. I'm Dogwood, by the way."

Mags made a sound of acknowledgement. "Good to meet you, then, Dogwood. What brings you to the road during Frost?" She made a bet with herself in her mind- a funeral, else a birth, or a wedding. Even mercenaries oft refused to take jobs travelling too far during the cold months- and her inn was far out from the towns on either end, which gave it good business during Harvest and none during Frost.

"Oh, pleasure, really. I've always liked the way the world looks covered in snow. I just like travelling to see more of it." Dogwood smiled enigmatically, the crow's feet lining his dark eyes scrunching up.

Magnolia half-choked on her drink in shock, and Dogwood let out a deep chuckle, pounding her on the back thrice as she struggled to calm her throat.

"What, for pleasure! Did the ale go bad?! You'd call freezing to death, pleasure?" she half-wailed, throwing her hands up in the air dramatically.

Dogwood laughed harder, shaking his head. "No! You'd think, with how many times I've been asked that, I'd come up with a way to phrase it that makes people not half-dead of shock. Yes, for pleasure. The world is beautiful during these months."

"Well, 'tis a mad idea, of course people would have a mad reaction!" She huffed, stuffing her mouth full of more mashed potatoes and glaring at him like an annoyed hamster. "You're sure there's nothing? No funerals? Births? Sudden inheritances? Power-mad tyrants you're on a heroic quest to depose? Dragons to slay?" she prodded, poking at his shoulder with a friendly grin on her face.

"Dragons? Divines, I'd hope not." He took a drink, let the silence stretch out, and then grinned. "Why, their fire would melt the snow, and that'd ruin the view."

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.