Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Raph's Application [approved - bartolini]

Raphael

Villager
Whitelist application-

1. What is your Minecraft username?

ItsCrazyDave

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Australia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is where you act on information which you do not have in-game. An example of this is you hear through discord that Joe Bloggs has set up a secret meeting, and you decide to crash it without reasonable justification why your character would be aware of it.

Powergaming is where your character is overpowered, and you refuse to take hits or using power phrases that take away your opposition's will to react properly. An example is having imaginary guards or you emoting the following in a combat scenario- "deflecting the attack, my blow is so strong is cuts Joe Bloggs in half, leaving him dead."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Bartooliinii

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi, my name is Raphael (or Raph) and I am currently studying at a university somewhere along the East Coast of Australia. I'm a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, comics, comic book movies, movies & television in general (filmmaking is a part-time hobby of mine), political satire (The Daily Show, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, etc.), stand-up comedy, reading (I know a lot of random facts), history, 'a bit' of politics, Aviation and Piloting, and hanging out with family and friends. I have a dog; she's very fluffy. I'm wearing a watch on my left hand; I've had it since I was 12 years old. I'm a fan of Democracy, and I'm happy to educate anyone if they so desire. I love food, especially desserts! As a child, I lied that I was allergic to Pumpkin soup because I hated it, but now I love it; so as you can see I love to give things a fair Aussie go ;)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No, sorry

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was told by Jase to apply. I finally got around to it.

About My Character!!

Character Name
:
Raphael Geggle Blues II (aka. Rag Blues or Blue Rags)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Blue Rags has dark brown hair, olive skin, green eyes, and dressed in slightly better than peasantry clothes. He wears boots and brown pants. He is handsome. 5'9 height. Lean.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
No

Written Test!
Deep within the Kraken's Culling, Blue Rags stood, his lean body framed by the roaring flames in the fireplace. His hands were open but were noticeably soft like a baby's bottom (he probably hadn't done any hard manual labour in his life), and his eyes seemed to glow with passion as he told his terrible story. His voice would be youthful, charming and almost seductive as he hoodwinked the guests who stood listening as he filled their heads with wonderful lies.

"-And I kid you not! The dragon, that beast - that monster- swooped overhead and came down, shooting flame over me and my old man! Its skin was the colour of the night sky and its eyes gleamed with terrible malice. We ran, taking the children and all that we could bring in our hands - the babies, the toddlers- all of them! The dragon let out a roar, unleashing flames across the orphanage behind us, burning it to a smoked, ruined husk of its former self! There was nothing left- all our livelihoods and all of our hopes had been torn away in seconds ..."

"Their house, our home. Gone."

He blinked his eyes, forcing a tear to roll down, feigning repressed emotions. He would shake his hands, and would allow his lip to quiver to further add credibility to his con.

"I don't know what to do, what I can do! We don't have any radiants, and we have no place to stay and no way to feed ourselves ..."
"I wish there was a way to do what is right by the children. The CHILDREN. They haven't eaten in three days. They are starving. I wish I had a way to help them ... those poor starving children."

As he leaned back slightly, he can't help but give a small sly smile to himself, as he gazed upon the tavern-goers that he had just hoodwinked. In moments, he was sure, their guilt and their misplaced generosity would yield him great profits, enough for him to go on a nice alcohol binge at the neighboring tavern. It was almost too easy. He'd make up a story, one with orphans, and tell his tragic tale to half-drunk souls at the tavern. Any hesitation would be swept away by a flash of his smile, and his honest and almost official-looking demeanor. And you know ...? He didn't regret it one bit. After all- there was no place in this wretched world for weakness and sentiment.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Ah! A conman. I like it! I can't Whitelist you at this instance because I'm on my phone, I'll be able to do it in a few hours or Jase Shao or Cymic_ might happen to be online to do it? Once we meet online you've got to tell me more about your aviation hobbies :) that means...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Raphael

Villager
Ah! A conman. I like it! I can't Whitelist you at this instance because I'm on my phone, I'll be able to do it in a few hours or Jase Shao or Cymic_ might happen to be online to do it? Once we meet online you've got to tell me more about your aviation hobbies :) that means...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Hi Bartooliinii,

Thanks for approving my application. I look forward to meeting you on server and discussing all things aviation. :)

Cheers,
Raph