Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ravenmire, City of Oppression

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff

Ravenmire is a city of heavy handed guards and shady citizens.

HOW IT WORKS
The town it's self is a bottled cops vs robbers esk community experiment/project funded and controlled by absolutely anyone who wants to join all you have to do is ask. The short version is that anyone can live in raven mire for free. Build and edit there home (Preferably you build in creative first but were not picky) and role-play here with only one condition. You must play either a shady oppressed citizen or a heavy handed guard of the Warden's watch.

In addition Prison role-play must be consented to prior. it is our intention to make an enjoyable and active prison RP environment. By that I mean Ravenmire's prison has quite a lot to do within for guards and prisoners so it won't be your average throw them in a box and forget them prison RP. Again, at my request, you are forgiving and not difficult when it comes to jail time in Ravenmire. I will go into that in more detail in the separate thread we have for the prison it's self.​

All that aside allow me to explain how things work in Ravenmire. Ravenmire is a city in the Zima swamps. the people are kept under heavy watch and surveillance and often find them selves in the cells. This is not uncommon in the city, Infact it is so common some people have there own personal cell for there stints in prison. The Guards are perinoid because the people act so suspicious. The people act suspicious because the guards are perinoid this ongoing cycle has lead to the heavily oppressive Scocity Ravenmire has become.

The law has become the tool with which the people are kept docile and afraid. Behind the veil the rich get richer and the poor are forced to work in the Silver mines below the Prison. It has gone well for some time but could such a City really sustain it's self? All that is known for sure is that those in power will do all they can to keep it that way.

Garverick Estate. Home of the Mayor of Ravenmire

POLITICS OF RAVENMIRE
Ravenmire is a partial dictatorship divided into two powers.

The Warden, master of the guard and prison. and the Mayor, Lord of the city and law. The warden elects his successor from the guard and the mayor is decided by whomever holds the deed to the city of Ravenmire. All choices are made by these two men. All deaccessions must be unanimous between the two.

Ravenmire dose not associate with Cities beyond the Swamp. Nor dose it allow any power other than House Zima'maloj associate with it. All outside affairs are handled by The lords and Ladies of House Zima'maloj in the incident that is impossible That responsibility defers to The Mayor.Ravenmire is seldom interested in outside politics.

CULTURE OF RAVENMIRE
The people of Ravenmire have a Society all there own. Unique to the Western Zima swamp. The buildings resemble a more gothic area style. Dark, Drerie. The outfits and clothing are equally victorian/Gothic inspired. Heavy coats, Buttons, Formal military style is very Ravenmire.

Common styles.​

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
LAWS AND PROHIBITIONS OF RAVENMIRE

A lot of things are banned in Ravenmire. It's important to know what the rules of the game you're playing are. May help keep you out of trouble… may…
LAWS
  • Assault: Any action taken in aggression against a man of the warden's watch.
  • Curfew: Activity without permit between dusk and dawn outdoors.
  • Conspiracy: Actions taken with intent to harm House Zima'maloj or her interests.
  • Consorting: Knowingly aiding or assisting a criminal in any way
  • Misconduct: Theft, Drunkenness, Fighting or Raucousness
  • Prohibition: Selling, Possessing, Transporting, or discussing items from the prohibited list
  • Permit Violation: Preforming an Activity restricted to permit only
  • Identify: Refusal or inability to present Identification papers to Man of the Warden's watch.
  • Deviance: Unholy or Adulterous Behavior
  • Trespassing: Activity in area without proper permit
  • Murder: Attempt upon another citizen's Life
All Citizens and Visitors are given a book with these rules when they receive there Identification papers.

PROHIBITIONS

• Blades: More than 3lb or 6"
  • Alchemy: Potions or items of any kind pertaining to
  • Alcohol: Or similar influencing substances
  • Censored Religions: Jishrim, Visage, Rahas, and Crusade are Censored
  • Poison: Of any sort
  • Armor: Beyond 10lb or made of metal
  • Livestock: Includes pets
  • Medicine: Substances must be documented by the Chancery
  • Imports: Anything made beyond the lands of House Zima'Maloj
Breaking any of these Prohibitions Violates the Prohibition law. Depending on severity you can face multiple counts of Violation of see law.

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
RAVENMIRE CITIZEN RECORDS

MEN OF THE WARDEN'S WATCH

PEOPLE OF RAVENMIRE

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Please post in this thread if you are interested. Currently we are short on "cops".

Halendar

Lord of Altera
I'll do my best to get a cop ready for this as soon as possible. Might be difficult though since me football practices will be starting up next week, but I'll try nonetheless!

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
*Sits*

Also my silver elf, Caheer needs a bodyguard. He's on the robbers side of the fence and needs a trustworthy sword to protect him seeing as the guy who was playing it, seems to have vanished. Forest or silver elves only, this guy is a hardcore snob. PM me if you're interdasted! You'll get a room in his estate and perks + payment.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I'll do my best to get a cop ready for this as soon as possible. Might be difficult though since me football practices will be starting up next week, but I'll try nonetheless!
Take your time. Its gonna take about a month to unveil IC anyway.

I'd like to also add it would be fun if anyone wants to START there character in the Prison.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I never did the Missions there. Is It similar? Might merit another play though if I can get some inspiration from it
Very similar, very oppressive shady government, and it's jail was a large Silvermine. Ranks among my favorite quests in the game!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Very similar, very oppressive shady government, and it's jail was a large Silvermine. Ranks among my favorite quests in the game!
What a lawl. Well too late to change it now. I'll have to make sure Im not accidentally ripping anything off.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
hmmmm, want to make a cop for this...but how to make him unique...I NEED MY THINKING FEESH *slaps self in the head with strangely colored feesh* ahhh yess...the ideas are flowing...wait...that's just blood...

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Caheer still needs a bodyguard. He's on the robbers side of the fence and needs a trustworthy sword to protect him seeing as the guy who was playing it, seems to have vanished. Forest or silver elves only, this guy is a hardcore snob. PM me if you're interdasted! You'll get a room in his estate and perks + payment.

(Reposting in hope!)