Recording Laws & You

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
I don't give a shit on who- what-how said it.
My message is pretty basic and fucking out there.

And the activity is illegal I don't care if you want to believe it or not.
To my knowledge (and I have not confirmed these claims, so take it with a grain of salt), here were the ban durations:

Recorder: two weeks
Recordee: four weeks

Also, Niah is demonstrably correct when she says that there is no expectation of privacy. The conversation in question took place in a public room contained within a Discord Guild that the public internet is capable of joining.

Rue

Lord of Altera
Mystic
To my knowledge (and I have not confirmed these claims, so take it with a grain of salt), here were the ban durations:

Also, Niah is demonstrably correct when she says that there is no expectation of a private conversation space in a public room contained within a Discord Guild that the public internet is capable of joining.
no

recorder: two days
recordee: two weeks

Tot

Lord of Altera
Legend
The basis of Ozzy’s ban is that he got 2 weeks for claiming to possibly take legal action. The server deserves to know that the staff have banned him for one sentence and one sentence alone as far as I am aware. A player showing concern for their legal obligations is a banable offense.

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Patron

Also, Niah is demonstrably correct when she says that there is no expectation of privacy. The conversation in question took place in a public room contained within a Discord Guild that the public internet is capable of joining.
I'm saying it once more.
The person who recorded in the first place shouldn't have did it. PERIOD.

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Patron
>people shit talk in discord
>someone tries to talk to staff
>"cant do anything, no evidence"
>someone gathers evidence
You mean gather evidence in a way you're not supposed to? GOLLY GEE, I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT LIKE THAT!

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
I mean I’m sure we should all start showing Skype logs right???
skype isnt supposed to be a server ran medium, whilst the discord channels are supposed to be exactly that. if they aren't able to act as such, i think Admin need to look into an alternative that they can actually moderate.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Legend
skype isnt supposed to be a server ran medium, whilst the discord channels are supposed to be exactly that. if they aren't able to act as such, i think Admin need to look into an alternative that they can actually moderate.
Then they better set up a bot to record 24/7.

Solus

:eyes:
Staff member
Server Owner
You folks are misconstruing who was banned and who recorded. So I’d cease that behavior and the toxicity that even brought about this concern in the first place.

Like holy fuck, I’m not going to involve a little server I run in legal action; to be accused or anything. If the logical course of action is to remove discord, I will do so, because we can’t have nice things.

You guys are upset and feel wronged, but if this is still the way you treat eachother and the server then there’s less of a reason to deal with the topic than it is with those spiting each other.

I’m locking this thread for now to sort later. Do not make new threads of this topic and do not take it to the server to vent and attack others

Solus

:eyes:
Staff member
Server Owner
After some grateful guidance from Antilogy , I've gone ahead and made it mandatory for players to ask consent before recording. It must be with players involved and a Staff Member (who in turn will notify me) before it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.