Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Red-Finned Ferocity

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

1634527471497.png

- THE RED-FINNED FEROCITY-

"Creatures of both land and water fear the ferocious felines of the deep-blue."
-=[]=-
- Event Staff Only -

H A B I T A T
The vibrant Red-Fins can be found near rocky islands around the Eastern Oceanside in the Shattered Ruins or farther away from civilized locations.They can swim about 100ft deep and can be found swimming several nautical leagues away from shore to scout for food. They prefer milder to colder temperatures for habitats. Red-Fins abhor extreme temperatures and if forced into uncomfortable waters or land, their pristine scales turn duller and their reddish tints turn a sickly black. A few can be found within caves or crevices above or underwater.

P H Y S I O L O G Y
This creature can grow to be about 5ft tall and 4ft wide. Its red-fin tail extends to around half of its length if matured. Sea-blue or green scales glimmer a silvery sheen above water and against light sources. Albeit its tail mimics a feathery silhouette, red and maroon scales dot its skin to show a wide fin that helps it swim far and deep. The top of its head, back, elbows are covered with protruding thinner balancing fins. Red whiskers puncture out from below its nose.

Red-Fins have four-pronged, webbed claws with whitened tips. Their snout protrudes out with pinkish-white noses and their mouths carry larger canines against their sharp-teeth. Gills curve the sides of their necks and their eyes have an eerie yellow pupil.

Diet: They prefer meats found within the deeper parts of the oceans. Although smaller game are easier to find, a litter of Red-Fins sometimes band together to take on bigger creatures. They detest feathered or rough skinned game and would play them for their own predatory thrill, rather than consuming for food. It’s not well known if the flesh of mortals are in their diets.​
Lifespan: They can live to a lifespan of four decades and do not reproduce often, when mature.​

B E H A V I O U R
Red-Fins spend their evenings and nights swimming far and seeking food deep underwater or around the surface, often needing their sharp, yellow-glowing eyes to guide their way in darker areas. They sleepily lounge on beaches and rocky islands during noon and clear-skied afternoons- paying little mind to things passing by unless threatened. On occasions, they seek deadly entertainment to pounce on by chasing other creatures or packs. Living in small litters, a family of four or three would migrate from one island to another if wildlife becomes scarce. Litters that do meet others of their kind don’t mingle long unless a pair branch off to mate.

A B I L I T I E S
Red-Fins are able to stalk their prey with their heightened senses. They can exercise their whole body in different ways.

[Darkeyes] Their yellow eyes glow in the dark as they pursue prey to see in the shadowed corners of the water or at night.​
[Sharp] They use their claws and canines to bite or claw at prey- making deep cuts and shredding skin, effectively giving deep gashes and significant lacerations.​
[Whiplash] Their speed is fast when in water- they’re able to keep pace with a clutter of Bonefish (40mph). Their tails are used more often for helping them swim- being heavy and weighted, but those experienced ones of the pack can use their tails to push or bash at objects.​

W E A K N E S S E S
+They abhor extreme temperature habitats and dislike fire and the freezing cold.
+Their neck, tails and underside are vulnerable spots, and they try to avoid having their tails within reach of prey or predators.

Y I E L D S
[Sea-Scales] Shades of blue-green scales can be cut from the hide of a Red-Fin. These can be used for tailoring gowns, cloaks or decoration for other light attire. They shimmer a silver sheen against light sources and provide some protection against water drops.​
[Meat & Bones] Their meats are special to those with exquisite taste for catfish stew and who relish the protein they bring to the table. Though to some, the meat is too chewy to bother with.​
Original Writeup: Solus​

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
R e d - F i n n e d
F e r o c i t y
Attack DC: 19
Defend DC: 23
HP: 10