Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Replacement

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Foreword
I've not had a writer's education. All I know is what I learned in school during my poetry and literature lessons, which were in Dutch. However, I've been meaning to write this tale for quite some time and I want to just go ahead and do it.

This is the story of how a small settler-town turned into an expansive fortress governed by the forces of darkness; Nid Arach. The tale starts after Burglarshire fell to ruin and became the home of Rahm Kennys, an old Caparii scholar. Where it will end, I do not know. I intend to weave as many characters, places, and lore into the story as I can, to really make it come alive and recognizable or us who RP in Altera.

I've started writing before, and I've stopped just the same. I hope to see it through this time and to give the entire backstory of Nid Arach, along with some revisions to make it more appealing as a story. With that said, and you now knowing what this canon story is about, I'd like to start writing!

I'll put a comment down whenever I've finished another chapter. Of course, the process of writing is not linear and I might add things in between chapters later on, add entire chapters or remove them. But for now, I'd just like to share the process and give you a link so you can follow my writing.

I'm open to feedback! If something doesn't make any sense, or if there are lines that don't flow too well, or if there's anything of note, please feel free to send me a message. I can only get better if I accept the critique others may have, so I would really like to hear where I can do better.

You can read along as I write in this google-doc. I've chosen to write it there instead of the forums, because I can format the texts better in google-docs. You can use the link below and also leave comments if you have feedback.

It starts with a small Prologue - a snippet of what is to come further into the story, a view into Nid Arach.
It continues with Chapter 1 - an introduction to some of our lore, to Storm's Landing, and to one of the main characters; a Dwarf named Krum.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Done, for now, with chapter 1.
Now that I've started writing, I can't stop. It's in me and it has got to come out. But it's late, so I'll have to call it a day.

Chapter 1 mentions:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've made some progress and finished the baseline of Chapter 2.
The Prologue has also been updated and I made a couple of revisions to Chapter 1.

Chapter 2 mentions:
Feedback is appreciated, just leave a comment in the doc, that's easiest methinks.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The baseline of the story in Chapter 3 is finished.
The characters are starting to really come alive to me and the more I write, the more things I think of that I can add to it later.
I also had a great birthday :)

Chapter 3 mentions:
  • Yorick, a huge northerner-kind of person and also a Storm's Landing citizen, the perfect guy for this role Ced
  • MilahMilahMilah Jazzper
  • The Green Shipping Company Tideborne
  • The Storm's Landing Slums Kamaoe
  • Arachian symbols
  • Kalstaat / Queen's Port BrianAT16 blargtheawesome Elz .

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Took a bit of encouragement from myself to write this one, but I've got the red line down.
In this chapter Krum executes the plan they've made in the previous chapter. What'll happen???
On to chapter 5!

Chapter 4 mentions:
  • Kalstaat army
  • More Milah Jazzper (should I stop tagging you, friend? :') )
  • Podric Flanders Luam , (but not in the way you might expect)
  • Thugs in Storm's Landing.
  • Thieves Guild

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
After a small break, I thoroughly enjoyed writing the next little chapter.
These are all red-lines to set up the entire story. Once that's all done, I can start giving some body to the chapters.

Chapter 5 mentions:
(Do remember it's based on Altera, but the characters are not accurate representations of the real characters out there.)