Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Request] Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Roads
The Alteran Road Service (ARS) is willing to aid the people of the world in building roads all across the lands. They dabble between different terrain and frankly /enjoy/ their work, so take advantage of their kind hearts. Post below with the form for a WE/VS road.

Basics:

+Roads must be on the same continent between towns.
+Bridges are available at the price of 10k per 50 blocks.
+The length of a road cannot be horribly impossible.
+If you already possess a road, subtract the amount of the original cost from your upgrade.
(Ex. 1000 block peasants road to a Trade Road will only cost 9k. )
+If for some reason you want to downgrade your road, it is doable but there will be no refund issued.
+To refurbish a road from its default 'Weathered' state will cost 10k per 1000 blocks of distance.

+Please note that routes you suggest for your road should follow a natural path, ie: the path of least resistance. If it is possible, then roads should avoid mountains, and other terrain that would've realistically taken great effort to build a road through. If the staff building your road feels there is an more efficient route for your road, it is their decision to adjust it accordingly.

All payments are to be made to the account " Server " with a screenshot posted on this thread once the order is complete, or to whoever is completing the request if they are online.

The following format is required for requesting a road. If the coordinates are not provided (A and B), roadpack selected and a clean and easy to read screenshot submitted, then your request will be denied until the format is followed correctly.

Follow this format when requesting a road:
Screenshot of the two areas on the Dynmap
Point A Coordinates:
Point B Coordinates:
Which Roadpack:
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable):

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
ROAD PACKS

(Photos taken with the Conquest Texture pack)

(Note: Updated photos coming soon)

[Explorer's Edition]
+Explorer's Dirt Road+
Nearly equal parts podzol, andesite and grass, with splatterings of coarse dirt for a worn effect. No aesthetic features or lamps.
2k per 1000 blocks of distance. (because the new map is big)

[Plains Edition]

+Peasants Road+
Nearly equal parts gravel/cobblestone, with splatterings of mossy cobblestone, dirt, and cobblestone steps for a worn effect. No aesthetic features or lamps. 5k per 1000 blocks of distance.

+Trade Road+
Equal parts cobblestone/stone slabs with splatterings of gravel, mossy cobblestone and cobblestone steps for a worn effect. Occasional lantern and one added aesthetic feature. 10k per 1000 blocks of distance.

+Nobles' Road+
Mostly made of stonebrick, with mossy stonebrick and stonebrick stairs for a worn effect. Lined or patterned with chiseled stonebrick, and containing lamps and up to two aesthetic features. 50k per 1000 blocks of distance. A larger Bridge may be bought with this pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
[Snow Edition]
(You're free to use snow edition for plains road.)

+Peasants Road+
Nearly equal parts stone slabs/cobblestone steps, with splatterings of mossy cobblestone, dirt, and cobblestone stairs for a worn effect. No aesthetic features or lamps. 5k per 1000 blocks of distance.

+Trade Road+
Equal parts cobblestone slabs/stone slabs with splatterings of dirt or cobble, rarely. Occasional lantern and one added aesthetic feature. 10k per 1000 blocks of distance.

[Desert Edition]
Sankera 's suggestions~

-Peasants Road: Desert-
Nearly equal parts sand/red sandstone, with splatterings of red sand, redstone slabs, and sandstone for a worn effect. No aesthetic features or lamps. 5k per 1000 blocks of distance.

+Trade Road: Desert+
Equal parts andesite/red sand with splatterings of sandstone, sandstone stairs and sand for a worn effect. Occasional lantern and one added aesthetic feature. 10k per 1000 blocks of distance.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Road Features:

+Lamps
+Aesthetic Features
+Parks
+Camps

[Pictors here]

Other Available Aesthetic Features
(Not Pictured)

-Small Farm
-Small Stables
-Small Guard house

(Suggest something and we'll see if it's doable!)

+Bridges+
(Available at the cost of 10k each. Noble and Royal roads have access to a larger bridge type. If bridge has to exceed 50+ blocks, price will be doubled. If the bridge has to be unreasonably long, we'll have to refuse, or make a detour.)

(Example of a bridge on a Trade road)​

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Road Status
Please take screenshots of your payment and post it as proof!

Pending:
Lannis - unpaid

Started:

Completed:

Paint - solus - paid
Cap - mairinbaihn- paid
Umbra - Readij- paid
Mokwar - solus- paid
Rjamesking- mairinbaihn- paid
Niek - mairinbaihn/solus- paid
Paint 2/3 - solus- paid
Umbra 2 - Elz - paid
Old-Seadog - Elz - paid
mokwar 2 - Elz - paid
Cukie - solus - paid
Ddaug - 20k paid only Elz asked to pay rest?
Etow - Paid by ddjoub
Mokwar/Blarg -
Cap - paid (unfinished- Arch)
Paint - Paid
Arch - solus - paid
Ddaug - solus - paid
Rygan - solus - paid
Ddaug - solus - paid
balatro - solus - paid
starwillow - solus - paid
Brian - solus- paid
Elz - Arch- paid
Sankera - Brian - Paid
Sankera - Brian - Paid
Djiboutian - Brian - Paid
Asriel - Brian - Paid
Elz - Brian - Paid
Tiberione - Elz - Paid
Zimrock - Elz - Paid
Antilogy - solus - paid
Samiwashere - solus - paid
Rossu - paid

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
'Occasional lantern and one added aesthetic feature.'
Is the difference, I think.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The trade and peasant's road look the exact same for the snow :/
Trouble with snow is that the roads get covered anyways. Those are mostly steps/stairs to make it easier to see. And there's only so many stone steps. Difference between one and the other is, yes, aesthetic feature, and one gets covered more than the other.

Edit: Ahhhh- I realized the snow doesn't stack anymore because it'd ruin the north part of map. We took that down. I'll make new road brushes and update.

Where is the rainbow road? :(
:c We can literally make one for the luls, but the ARS people won't take us seriously

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm just posting here to gauge what the cost between two of my regions would be, its also a um, rougher location which is why I'm curious if its even possible.

Location A: Die Eberbau [X]
Location B: Rammbar's Motte [X]
Point A Coordinates: -3946.023/99/-13874
Point B Coordinates: -3399.905/129.50/-14591.561
Which Roadpack: Dirt Road.

Not sure how to tackle it, more then willing to talk it out on Skype.

Maybe something like this? It seems like a bit less work

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
What would a price estimate be for this, using hte plains edition trade road? Can we even connect roads to spawn right now?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'm just posting here to gauge what the cost between two of my regions would be, its also a um, rougher location which is why I'm curious if its even possible.

Location A: Die Eberbau [X]
Location B: Rammbar's Motte [X]
Point A Coordinates: -3946.023/99/-13874
Point B Coordinates: -3399.905/129.50/-14591.561
Which Roadpack: Dirt Road.

Not sure how to tackle it, more then willing to talk it out on Skype.

Maybe something like this? It seems like a bit less work
Seems like the easiest, albeit difficult due to terrain, path. Price is approximately 2500 r due to length of circling around and terrain trial. Exact number may be given by the person working on the roads.

What would a price estimate be for this, using hte plains edition trade road? Can we even connect roads to spawn right now?
You can connect to spawn, however- Spawn is going through it's own system of choosing it's ports/carriages, lead by Antilogy. No details on that, yet, but the answer to 'can I connect to spawn by road?' is generally yes. 'Can I set up a port to spawn?' is currently a no. Approximately 7k blocks-

Plains Trade: 70k.
Plains Peasant: 35k.
Explorer's Dirt road is 14k.

Exact number may be given by the person working on the roads.

Similar to Niah, can I get a price estimate for these three roads?

I looked around the left most area- there wasn't a region- if it's being planned, then we can put in a road leading there. Have to wait till region is up before making a road there. From the Sandbanks, following your road path to the highest mid- it's 2800 blocks approximately. Branching off from that midsection to the bottom right region, we're at 2500 blocks approximately. Total is around 5300 blocks. We can always make it shorter if and direct routes, but natural curves are alright. Exact number may be given by the person working on the roads.

Plains trade: 53k
Plains peasant: 26.5k
Explorer's dirt: 10.6k

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Seems like the easiest, albeit difficult due to terrain, path. Price is approximately 2500 r due to length of circling around and terrain trial. Exact number may be given by the person working on the roads.
I'll do it.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

You can connect to spawn, however- Spawn is going through it's own system of choosing it's ports/carriages, lead by Antilogy. No details on that, yet, but the answer to 'can I connect to spawn by road?' is generally yes. 'Can I set up a port to spawn?' is currently a no. Approximately 7k blocks-

Plains Trade: 70k.
Plains Peasant: 35k.
Explorer's Dirt road is 14k.

Exact number may be given by the person working on the roads.

I looked around the left most area- there wasn't a region- if it's being planned, then we can put in a road leading there. Have to wait till region is up before making a road there. From the Sandbanks, following your road path to the highest mid- it's 2800 blocks approximately. Branching off from that midsection to the bottom right region, we're at 2500 blocks approximately. Total is around 5300 blocks. We can always make it shorter if and direct routes, but natural curves are alright. Exact number may be given by the person working on the roads.

Ah. I'll wait then. I wouldn't want to pay for a road to spawn in order to get a port, only to not get a port. I'll wait and see what system Anti comes up with.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

Can I get all these roads in the Explorer pack then? The leftmost area doesn't have its region claimed yet, but it is an old world region claim if you check the thread. We'll be claiming the region shortly.

rjamesking

Lord of Altera
Point A Coordinates: 6781/1660
Point B Coordinates: 4932/860
Which Roadpack: Trade
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): A small shrine building with the 14 of the pantheon.

As far as the path and where it ends near Eisenheim you do you, we'll work with whatever.
also no idea on the exact length, 1500ish?

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Follow this format when requesting a road:
upload_2016-8-31_22-59-34.png
Point A Coordinates:
2700 / 51 / -2158
Point B Coordinates: 4785 / 55 / 955
Which Roadpack: Trade
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): A few lamps if possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.