Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Request] Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Point A Coordinates:
-5844, 64, -12728 - Varynhalle

Point B Coordinates:
-6864, 64, -10860 - Blackrush Crossing

Which Roadpack: Trade Road

Thanks!

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Point A Coordinates:631,5,3002
Point B Coordinates:1050,5,2805
Which Roadpack: I would like nobles but if its not available the one under it trade will work
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable):

At x mark 1 on the lower end a hunters camp if you can and if i can get a nobles road at xmark 2 I would like a small wayfarer camp. I did the math and i think its around 400 so if you can extend the road to improve the road along the yellow direction till it hits 1000 blocks that would be great.
Completed! Sorry for the delays!

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Point A Coordinates:
-5844, 64, -12728 - Varynhalle

Point B Coordinates:
-6864, 64, -10860 - Blackrush Crossing

Which Roadpack: Trade Road
Road built! We've already discussed the price earlier, it'll be; 27.5k. Screenshot of payment please. :)

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Screenshot of the two areas on the Dynmap
Point A Coordinates: just follow the wool line from the road
Point B Coordinates: to the bit where i started making my own path?
Which Roadpack: the dirt one
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): n/a

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
View attachment 99738
Point A Coordinates: just follow the wool line from the road
Point B Coordinates: to the bit where i started making my own path?
Which Roadpack: the dirt one
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): n/a
All done and white wool placed in a chest at top of road. Costing: 480r

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

Point A Coordinates:

Point B Coordinates:

Which Roadpack:
Trade
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): Lamps

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

Point A Coordinates:

Point B Coordinates:

Which Roadpack: Trade

This has been discussed between myself and Purgatoris We are wanting to hook her future city up to the road that will be put in for Ayda's home. As they are that close, physically and as friends.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

Point A Coordinates:

Point B Coordinates:

Which Roadpack:
Trade

Point A Coordinates:

Point B Coordinates:

This has been discussed between myself and Purgatoris We are wanting to hook her future city up to the road that will be put in for Ayda's home. As they are that close, physically and as friends.
Bumping these, just in case.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

Point A Coordinates:

Point B Coordinates:

Which Roadpack:
Trade
this one is done. other one is smaller but will tackle another time

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend

I need two separate roads-
1 connecting the pre-existing road to Haven's pathway (A on the screenshot)
1 connecting Haven's pathway to the castle, if possible (B on the screenshot)

Road A
Point A Coordinates: X: -5059 / Y: 74 / Z: -12901
Point B Coordinates: X: -5068 / Y: 75 / Z: -12938

Road B
Point A Coordinates: X: -5108 / Y: 69 / Z: -13067
Point B Coordinates: X: -5097 / Y: 96 / Z: -13192
Which Roadpack: Noble(?), said unavailable, unsure if that was just screenshot. Trade, otherwise.

Last edited:

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Road A
Point A Coordinates: X: -5059 / Y: 74 / Z: -12901
Point B Coordinates: X: -5068 / Y: 75 / Z: -12938

Road B
Point A Coordinates: X: -5108 / Y: 69 / Z: -13067
Point B Coordinates: X: -5097 / Y: 96 / Z: -13192
Which Roadpack: Noble(?), said unavailable, unsure if that was just screenshot. Trade, otherwise.
Complete, and the grand total is: 1700r.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
View attachment 95158
I am hoping to get a price quote on what the cost of this road would be if I did the Explorer's Dirt Road.

Starting Point:
-3888 -7844

End Point:
-5528 -10112

As well, the end point connects to a road that was already built by someone else. The path crosses the river, but a bridge was never built. I would like the road to actually be usable, but if that bridge was never put in it makes it difficult to be able to travel it ICly if there was a travel RP done for some reason. Would I have to pay for that bridge, even though I did not put in the original order for that particular road? I circled where the bridge is supposed to be in green.

There seem to be a lot of orders above me, so no rush on the price quote. :)

@NIAH - The original road never requested a bridge, so the addition of one would come at an extra cost for you. BUT, the river it's crossing is really small and is already an explorer road. So I'll see it done for free. Complete!
I... Do not mean to be an ass.. But I noticed today that the bridge for the road was not actually completed?
http://158.69.22.124:8123/?worldname=NewWorld&mapname=flat&zoom=8&x=-5101&y=64&z=-10322

Is that something that can still happen?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is more of a suggestion. It's a bit unusual to ask, hence why I ask and not go like; Do bUiLD roAD heRe.

I imagine people traveling the road from Storm's Landing to Compendium or Aelmere will likely avoid Nid Arach. That's why I think, in this situation, they would've by now created a pathway around it, so traders and travelers can travel safely past Nid Arach, without having to risk their lives traversing Jishrim's grounds. Even if they would risk it, they have a chance of having to go through a blizzard, ash rain, or whatever madness the Essence of Chaos can conjure. Hence my proposition to create another road that loops around it.

I propose either the green roads, or the yellow roads. The green roads would require the construction of bridges, or a raft with a rope to get across. I'm not sure how much sense that would make, but I put it in there as an option. However, my preference goes out to the yellow lines.

Point A Coordinates: 3900 1020 (where the line stops East of Nid Arach)
Point B Coordinates: 3250 780 (where the line stops West of Nid Arach)
Which Roadpack: The cheapest, I don't imagine they'd put the resources into cobbling a road so close to that wicked place.
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): New signposts at the new junctions which include a warning pointing down the road that goes through Nid Arach.

Is this possible?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This is more of a suggestion. It's a bit unusual to ask, hence why I ask and not go like; Do bUiLD roAD heRe.

I imagine people traveling the road from Storm's Landing to Compendium or Aelmere will likely avoid Nid Arach. That's why I think, in this situation, they would've by now created a pathway around it, so traders and travelers can travel safely past Nid Arach, without having to risk their lives traversing Jishrim's grounds. Even if they would risk it, they have a chance of having to go through a blizzard, ash rain, or whatever madness the Essence of Chaos can conjure. Hence my proposition to create another road that loops around it.

I propose either the green roads, or the yellow roads. The green roads would require the construction of bridges, or a raft with a rope to get across. I'm not sure how much sense that would make, but I put it in there as an option. However, my preference goes out to the yellow lines.

View attachment 108006

Point A Coordinates: 3900 1020 (where the line stops East of Nid Arach)
Which Roadpack: The cheapest, I don't imagine they'd put the resources into cobbling a road so close to that wicked place.
Aesthetic Feature of choice (If applicable): New signposts at the new junctions which include a warning pointing down the road that goes through Nid Arach.

Is this possible?
Yeah, as the one who built Compendium and paid for the road Nid Arach was built on, it was a bit of a frustration when it was first made because it felt like it blocked IC traffic to the city. But I could not afford to just pay for all new roads for someone else to probably build another city on THAT road later on. I think most people on the server that use Compendium to get like places to Eastwatch or Blackrush probably just handwave the travel or else there'd be no travel period because it was decided to be built on the middle of a public road.

If you're willing to pay for new roads after blocking one, more power to you.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Yeah, as the one who built Compendium and paid for the road Nid Arach was built on, it was a bit of a frustration when it was first made because it felt like it blocked IC traffic to the city. But I could not afford to just pay for all new roads for someone else to probably build another city on THAT road later on. I think most people on the server that use Compendium to get like places to Eastwatch or Blackrush probably just handwave the travel or else there'd be no travel period because it was decided to be built on the middle of a public road.

If you're willing to pay for new roads after blocking one, more power to you.
Yeah, certainly, I'm willing to pay for it!

I see now that you're really pissed off at me about my region being here. Though you do not own the road just cause you paid for it, you own the region it leads up to. Nowhere in the rules does it say anything about not being allowed to build near roads / rivers. Your influence ends at the border of the sphere of influence as determined by the plot size of your region, as does my influence end there at my own region.

I do think it has a certain charm, though, for a road to be blocked by an evil presence. A charm you might've missed because of being so angry with me building a region there: Highwaymen aren't really rp'ed as much, yet I'm sure they'd be around near traveled roads. I had thought putting the region there would create and IC reaction and anticipated for people to try and create an event or two in which they'd be clearing the road between Storm's Landing and Compendium, rather than leaving it to become as dangerous as it is now. But that never happened, so I expanded to the point I had to cross over the road or the river in order to add the things I needed to host new events here. I also always imagined that the IC people who had to go to Compendium or those other towns would not just stop coming to those towns, but rather they would use a detour route which might take longer but would still get them to the towns they wished to visit on the other side. So I never imagined my region to be such a big problem to the cities these roads lead to.

I'm definitely going to pay for a road to be put around the region as it only makes sense that one was put there. I've had this idea before, but delayed it since I wasn't sure of how much I would expand. But now I have a pretty good idea of my future expansion and imagine I won't be going over the natural hills in the landscape. Hence my proposition for the road as it's laid out.

I'm sorry if I caused you inconvenience. I've been having a lot of fun with Nid Arach and expanding it and I never realized I was duping someone by engaging in this project.

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Point A Coordinates:
3900 1020 (where the line stops East of Nid Arach)
Just about done, just awaiting bridges.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Follow this format when requesting a road:
Screenshot of the two areas on the Dynmap:
Point A Coordinates: X: -1068.492 / Y: 37 / Z: -4801.372